If the bible is from God then explain this!

by Anti-Christ 104 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mad
    Mad

Abandoned wrote:"I'm not antichrist. Do I not qualify to hear your explanation of why God was so violent in the old testament either? Me thinks your reticence has more to do with you not having a clue as to why he comes off as such a bloodthirsty monster than that the wrong person asked for your opinion?

Mad writes: You simply appear (based on your statement) to be one who simply wants to bash- rather than learn.

• Mad
    Mad

Stealth wrote:"Welcome Anti-Christ.The bible is nothing more than a collection of stories and fables written by, and collected by, men.A fairy tale."

Mad writes: Thus states the 'Jedi Master'....I'm convinced! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO!

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

Stealth wrote:"Welcome Anti-Christ.The bible is nothing more than a collection of stories and fables written by, and collected by, men.A fairy tale."

Mad writes: Thus states the 'Jedi Master'....I'm convinced! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO!

Would you mind explaining why what stealth said was any less convincing than when you said:

The Book of Mormon is a farce to anyone who has a little intelligence, The Bible comes from beyond Man to anyone with the same.

Lore writes: Thus states the 54 year old... I'm convinced! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO! Those arguments sound pretty much the same, except you managed to throw in a couple insults. Note that the entire topic is about the atrocities commited by god in the bible, you have so far made four posts in a row, talking about everything but that! Avoiding the question are you? Well I don't blame you, it's like trying to defend Hitler. Unfortunately though you seem to think that insulting those who disagree with you, or questioning their motives counts as a defense. LtCmd.Lore

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

I never get tired of quoting Richard Dawkins' description of YHWH:

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.

• kid-A
    kid-A

Mad: "LOLOLOLO! I have no desire to justify ANYTHING- nor explain anything to you"

Because you are capable of neither, you moron TROLL.....

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I've been inspired by impressive scenery to draw. I've been inspired by emotions to write poetry. I've been inspired by spirituality to write. A believer could make the claim that any of these are indirectly from God. Directly, however?....

The only consistency is that the bible was written by men, most of whom lived prior to 200BC. Put in that context its only a wonder they didn't sacrifice more goats.

• Gill
    Gill

Wow LT!

That was not an answer I expected to hear/read from you!

Did I miss something?

Did you see what a nasty person the God of the Bible is?

Myself, I believe that humans are more 'God like' than God, in that if you compare a good human to the god of the bible, the Nobel Peace prize would go to the human and NOT to God!

• Zico
    Zico

Jehovah/YHWH was a bastard. Jesus was ace. The Apostle Paul was a bastard. I don't think Jesus would have liked Paul. If the bible was just the 4 gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John) then Christianity would be ace too. (You could throw James in there as well, I like James.)

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Mad writes: You simply appear (based on your statement) to be one who simply wants to bash- rather than learn.

YES!!! We want to learn! We're sitting on the edge of our seats, waiting for you to impart some pearls of wisdom to us! But please don't be offended if no one holds their breath.

W

• jambon1
    jambon1

The bible is a shocking book.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit