Talk on Apostates

by IslandBrother 86 Replies latest watchtower bible

• IslandBrother
    IslandBrother

I am 20 years old. I was thinking that i might find some Jehovahs witnesses that love Jehovah and His organization. to talk to.. since i live on an island and i dont get off this rock much. it is called "jehovahs-witness forum" right not just "ex-jehovahs-witness forum". so thanks if there are any in here that are supportive of my beliefs and not so dogmatic and clergy like.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

So www.watchtower.org doesn't have a message board? Have you ever wondered why?

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Have you ever walked on the beach and tried following another person's footprints; matching your own steps with them as exactly as possible? And then decided that it far better to make your own footprints whre you will, as long as you don't kick sand in anyone's face? As someone else's footprints are either too large or small, far apart or close together, going in the wrong direction or just too vauge to really follow without looking like you you are walking through a mine-field or trying to fly. And you only look like you if you walk where you want the way you want to walk.

• IslandBrother
    IslandBrother

Do you know if there is a message board for active JW?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Oh I'm sure there are. Some here might know where they are too and will tell you. But you will have to prove that you are what you say you are. And from what I have heard they are pretty strict. Have fun and good luck. :D

• lostlantern
    lostlantern

First of all Welcome, I hope this website enlightens you and puts you on the path to truth. I say this because even though you don't know it you have been grossly misled and I feel sorry for you. Please educate yourself and search like the Boreans did, I suggest reading Crisis of Conscience by Raymond Franz. It is easy to come in here judge those that have left but until you fully research all sides of your faith you have no valid basis to make judgements. Good Luck.

Now to address one of your statements:

not so dogmatic and clergy like.

Are you kidding? The Jehovah's Witness faith is the very definition of dogmatic, please note how wikipedia defines dogmatic:

is the established belief or doctrine held by a religion, ideology or any kind of organization, thought to be authoritative and not to be disputed or doubted.

That sounds like the Organization to me.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

The nearest thing I can think of to that is this one

http://www.e-watchman.com/

It's run by Robert King, who is, I believe, disfellowshipped, but still firmly supports watchtower doctrine. Iv'e never personally been on there, but I think most of the members are active jws.

• Satanus
    Satanus

The wt society discourages them. Many have been started and then shut down by the society. Why do you think that is? Do you think charles russel or jesus would have been like that?

S

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

Island Brother,

I believe this message board might be just what you are looking for:

http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult_q0.html

Love,

BA

• Mary
    Mary
    Garybuss said: So Friends, hypothetically, and I repeat hypothetically, even if an angel were to come down here and land on this platform, today, at this moment, and to present something to us that didn't fit into the pattern of truth, what should we be ready to do? We should be ready to say, "Hold on there, that doesn't fit into the pattern, and I am not going to listen to it!", Yes even if it were one of Jehovah's angels."
    Minute 23, Beware Of The Voice Of Strangers, District Convention Of Jehovah's Witnesses, Selkirk, Manitoba, July 12, 2003

Gary....is this for real, or is this being said tongue-in-cheek? If this is for real, does anyone know if there's an audio of it available anywhere? I've got a few people I'd like to play it for. Soooo, they're now assuming the role of telling Jehovah's angels, who have been around for (presumably) millions of years, what they have to believe? Holy god-----these guys are giving the term 'delusional' a whole new meaning.

Island Brother said: So while some may not use the term with regard to themselves they are accusing Jehovahs Witneeses of the very same thing they themselves are doing.

That's right! The difference is: We have plenty of evidence from the WT's own words proving that they are false prophets and liars. You need only take a look through this site to see for yourself.

I was thinking that i might find some Jehovahs witnesses that love Jehovah and His organization. to talk to.. since i live on an island and i dont get off this rock much. it is called "jehovahs-witness forum" right not just "ex-jehovahs-witness forum". Do you know if there is a message board for active JW?

Sure. There's one called "Jehovah's Witnesses Online" better known as JWO. You can post your comments on 'apostates'. You'll get alot of responses I'm sure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit