Talk on Apostates

by IslandBrother 86 Replies latest watchtower bible

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Thanks Evetteto, I really like this scripture from Gal 5:19-21 out of the New Life Version but others are close but I like the wording

19 The things your sinful old self wants to do are: sex sins, sinful desires, wild living, 20 worshiping false gods, witchcraft, hating, fighting, being jealous, being angry, arguing, dividing into little groups and thinking the other groups are wrong, false teaching, 21 wanting something someone else has, killing other people, using strong drink, wild parties, and all things like these. I told you before and I am telling you again that those who do these things will have no place in the holy nation of God.

abr

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

I am unable to locate the scripture/command to "follow closely in Jesus' footsteps" so I can read it in context.

It's such a popular phrase in WT pubs... can anyone direct me to the scripture/s?

Thanks ~ Sue

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

1 Peter 2:21

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Thanks, Narkissos!

~Sue

• Mary
    Mary
    evetteto said: Avid and Mary you really give him a dose of medicine, which I always look forward to reading your replies

Thanks evetteto.....Geeze, if only I could put that picture into the WT study article on apostates.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Dictionary definition of apostate

One who commits apostasy is an apostate, or one who apostatises. In older Western literature, the term typically referred to baptizedChristians who left their faith. (It is important to note that Christian apostates, according to some Christians, were never "Christians" in the first place.) Apostasy is generally not a self-definition: very few former believers call themselves apostates and they generally consider this term to be a pejorative. One of the possible reasons for this renunciation is loss of faith, another is the alleged failure of religious indoctrination and/or brainwashing.

Many religious movements consider it a vice (sin), a corruption of the virtue of piety in the sense that when piety fails, apostasy is the result. However, most converts to a new religion can also be considered apostates from a previous belief.

The watchtower definition is somewhat differrent

Definition: Apostasy is abandoning or deserting the worship and service of God, actually a rebellion against Jehovah God. Some apostates profess to know and serve God but reject teachings or requirements set out in his Word. Others claim to believe the Bible but reject Jehovah’s organization

To hear the jws talk, you'd think that only people who reject them are apostates, yet all those who were members of other religions and left to be jws are apostates, according to the dictionary definition. That would make about 45-50% of the congregation I was in apostates.

The reasoning book "definition" is just another example of the wts twisted thinking.

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

Someone already mentioned this but it is worth mentioning again.

Jesus would have been considered an apostate by the Governing Body and would have been disfellowshipped. He taught heresy according to the Jewish leaders, and according to the Watchtower today.

The WT today teaches that we must be "footstep followers of Christ" and yet the Bible says that we are saved not by what we do, how we walk, or our personal righteousness but by one thing and one thing only; the Holy blood of Jesus Christ.

It is not what we do but what He did for us. It is not our footsteps but His walk to the cross that can make us right with Jehovah. Therefore the Watchtower society is apostate from Jehovah because they teach another gospel, one of works not grace.

Isa 64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags...

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Welcome to the board!

Love,

Kate

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

We can only hope that this poster reads all of these reply posts and can learn from them.

Otherwise he/she is just another hit and run case who is here to "enlighten" us.

LHG

• VanillaMocha73
    VanillaMocha73

IslandBrother:

Thank you for abundantly proving the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society to be indeed, apostate. You state that apostates profess to know and serve God but reject teachings or requirements set out in his Word. The actions of the Watchtower presidents, among whom were child molestors, adulterers and alcoholics, speak loudly that they did indeed reject God's teachings.

Acts 20:30 states that men will rise and speak twisted things to draw away the disciples after themselves. Russell did indeed pursue such a course. He stepped away from Christianity and developed a new teaching to draw followers.

We are told to keep an eye on those who cause stumbling contrary to the teaching that we have learned. I will indeed keep a close eye on those who twist Christianity and a God of love and grace into a demanding and vengeful God.

• Counterfeit words - WT guilty
    • Smooth talk - WT guilty
    • Twisted reasoning - WT quilty
    • Half Truths - WT guilty
    • Flattery - WT guilty
    • Deceptive logic - WT guilty
    • Empty Speeches - WT guilty
    • Outright lies - WT guilty

True Christians do not want to deviate from the path Christ has set before us. This is so true. Therefore, I choose to follow Christ as Lord and His path of love.
    VanillaMocha - a happy ex-JW

• Rooster
    Rooster

The founder of the WTBTS (Mr. Russell) left a Christian religion to start his own, thus by his own d efinition

he was an apostate. If you are a member of the sect/cult called Jehovah’s Witnesses you are following an apostate.

I think Pastor Russell was resurrected he is here posting on this board.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit