Talk on Apostates

by IslandBrother 86 Replies latest watchtower bible

• xjwms
    xjwms

Is this someone counting time?

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Welcome, IslandBrother.

How typical the fear-mongering, knee-jerk mention of Korah. We know Jesus used death-threats like Korah all the time, right? His ministry was all about "Follow me, or face instant extermination!"

Oh no, wait... that's the Governing Body who have already started to rule as self-appointed kings (1 Cor. 4:8).

"Ah... the love!" as newboy would say.

~Sue

• 30girl
    30girl

Oh puke. On the lighter side, the Society must be feeling some pressure from the critical eye of the informed society they keep trying to endoctrinate. Isn't it ironic that by their own definition they are Apostate? And, why is that the first finger they point, why?

• becca1
    becca1

Witnesses encourage new ones to examine their religions, and if they find any false teachings or practices, to abandon them. As a witness, I examined my religion, found it to be false, and my god given conscience forces me to abandon it. If you dare to do the same, and have a conscience, you will leave too.

By the way, welcome to the board!!

• Mary
    Mary
    Definition: Apostasy is abandoning or deserting the worship and service of God, actually a rebellion against Jehovah God. Some apostates profess to know and serve God but reject teachings or requirements set out in his Word. Others claim to believe the Bible but reject Jehovah’s organization.

Yes. I can see the Pharisees giving a very similar warning to the Jews when Jesus 'rejected' their manmade rules and exposed them as hypocrites.

Now I exhort YOU, brothers, to keep your eye on those who cause divisions and occasions for stumbling contrary to the teaching that YOU have learned, and avoid them. For men of that sort are slaves, not of our Lord Christ, but of their own bellies; and by smooth talk and complimentary speech they seduce the hearts of guileless ones.

Hmmm.....sounds eerily like a bible study that a Witness conducts with an unsuspecting 'worldly' person who isn't 'learned' in the word.

"...Apostates aren’t satisfied just following another set of foot prints. They aim to make others their followers by using…. Counterfeit words ("We bring you good news this morning in the form of the Watchtower!) Smooth talk (only Jehovah's Witnesses practice the love that Christ Jesus displayed), Twisted reasoning (Jesus approved the Governing Body as the F&DS Class in 1919 and we can prove that by examining the writings of these men), Half-truths (we never totally confirmed that Armageddon was coming in 1975) Flattery (Jehovah has shown YOU His ways, out of millions of people!) Deceptive logic (Jesus said his followers would be persecuted by members of their own family, so if your family tries stopping you from studying with us, that's proof that we have the true religion!), Empty speeches (The New System of Things will be here 'soon), And Outright lies (We don't protect pedophiles and we're not False Prophets) to try to draw us away from Christ’s footsteps...."

They toss around seeds of doubt by using public criticism and other methods to get in the way of our work.

But gosh! If they HAVE the truth, and haven't done anything that merits public criticism, then they should have nothing to worry about.

We “separate ourselves” by steering clear of their reasoning—whether in person, in printed form, or on the Internet.

But we tell 'worldly' people to examine their religion and it's history very, very carefully and to ask their priests and ministers all the tough questions. We encourage them to 'reason' whether God would approve of their form of worship. So then why is this basic Right denied in the Watchtower Society once you become a member?

We love the organization that has taught us the precious truths that so plainly separate us from Babylon the Great.

"We love the leader!"

• garybuss
    garybuss

"So Friends, hypothetically, and I repeat hypothetically, even if an angel were to come down here and land on this platform, today, at this moment, and to present something to us that didn't fit into the pattern of truth, what should we be ready to do? We should be ready to say, "Hold on there, that doesn't fit into the pattern, and I am not going to listen to it!", Yes even if it were one of Jehovah's angels."
    Minute 23, Beware Of The Voice Of Strangers, District Convention Of Jehovah's Witnesses, Selkirk, Manitoba, July 12, 2003

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The WBT$ uses the word "apostate" to suit thier own purposes..WBT$ used to teach "The generation of 1914 would not pass away."..WBT$ changed thier mind in 1995..The generation of 1914 was dieing off,just to make tke WBT$ look bad..LOL!!..WBT$ is apostate to thier own teachings..Jehovah`s Witness`s will listen to what ever the WBT$ says..Even if it`s apostate to thier own beliefs......Active "Jehovah`s Witness`s" are the worst Apostates within thier own religion...OUTLAW

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Wasn't one of our posters just recently assigned this as a #4 talk?

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire
    'Apostates aren’t satisfied just following another set of foot prints. They aim to make others their followers like they want people to leave like they did right? Follow them out of the organization?'

Hi there. I have a question for you and I hope you are honest enough to answer it: Did Jesus' footprints lead others away from Jehovah's "visible organization"? Are you really following Jesus' footprints OR are you following the "visible organization" that Jesus' footprints led away from? With all the footprints leading in all the different directions, how can you know the footprints you are following are the right ones? Maybe the visible organization you are following is the wrong set of footprints. Of course they don't want you to know that they are the wrong set of footprints so they are going to discourage you from investigating and finding out like the Beoreans. Why else would they work sooooo hard at keeping their followers from investigating them?

• evetteto
    evetteto

Avid and Mary you really give him a dose of medicine, which I always look forward to reading your replies....what happened to Blondie?

Very good job all....give him sumthing th think about.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit