Do you even care about the war of the Muslims?

by free2beme 85 Replies latest jw friends

• needproof
    needproof

Thumbs up Merry

• TopHat
    TopHat

So, someone needs to be the scapegoat for the civil war in Iraq....point fingers at Americans for the excuse to kill your fellow countrymen. That makes sense!

• acadian
    acadian

I don't care for any war against anyone. Mary and Jourles, excellant comments!

[Mary said:]

Thankfully, Jourles expressed very well some of what I was trying to formulate in my mind.

I'm like you Mary, lots of stuff in my head, but have a hard time getting it out, so others
    can understand the meaning of my thought's

Acadian

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Since the battle of Badr in 624 Muhammad and his followers have been at war with whatever is not Muslim. If you're going to go back through history start at the beginning.

• needproof
    needproof

And Christianity is different how?

• Jourles
    Jourles
    And Christianity is different how?

It's not. In more current events, we have Ireland to thank for that.(but I will still make that my next out of the country vacation spot!)

• Jourles
    Jourles
    point fingers at Americans for the excuse to kill your fellow countrymen. That makes sense!

Let's go back to the occupied USA example for a minute. What if the Democrats acquiesced to the occupiers and fully supported them, even going the distance to help set up a new form of government, one that was not a democracy. And on the other hand, we have the staunch Republicans who will not bow to any other form of government, let alone being occupied by another country. Radical Republicans start attacking the supporters of the occupying country - the Democrats. The Democrats start fighting back. Religion doesn't even factor into this chaos. It's Red against Blue. Even within some groups, there are Democrats who take the side of the Republicans in that they despise the occupation. They attack their own "people" for giving support.

Hypothetical situation or not, this would probably happen. In the USA, just look at how people on both sides are disparaging each other simply for supporting or denouncing the war in Iraq. The ones for the war call the pacifists "Anti-American" and "terrorist supporters." These are just words, but really, how far off are we from having our own little civil strife between these groups? When these group's emotions get fired up as it is and we don't even have an occupying force in our backyard, how safe do you think the streets would be if we did?

A similar situation is happening in Iraq right now and we were the cause of it. You have two distinct populations vying for power and control of the country. They're not killing each other for the fun of it. They both want control of the country and the US forces are stuck in the middle of one of the largest power plays in the history of man. The US might as well get the hell out of Dodge and let them fight it out. If not, this thing is going to linger for many, many more years.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Moral equivocation, isn't it fun? I thought the topic was Islam.

But since you asked, after Muhammad conquered Arabia his followers turned their sites on the Christian lands to the west. At the battle of Yarmuk River in 632 the Eastern Roman(Byzantine) forces were defeated, and Syria and Palestine came under the control of what was to become the Islamic Caliphate. A few years later in Egypt the same thing occurred, and throughout north Africa, then the Visigothic kingdom of Spain was conquered. The Islamic conquests in the West were only stopped at the battle of Poitiers in 732 by Charles Martel. While all this was going on in the west Islam was also spread through Zoroastrian Persia and further east by the same method.

So to answer your question it is different in the fact that Islam was first to militarily subjugate lands in the name of their religion. Had these military conquests not occurred things like the crusades in the 11th century would not have happened since the "holy lands" would've still been in Christian hands.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

I saw a very poignant interview with a US soldier last week...I was rather surprised that it was even allowed to air.

He said: "Let's just pull out, let the Iraqi's have their civil war, let them sort things out, and then we can come back in and help them clean up the mess."

Im not one bit surprised this was allowed to air.What that dumbass Soldier was saying is probably what the Bush administration is thinking "lets pull out..leave them to their mess etc etc...and it will be so much easier to come in and nick their Oil without them defending themselves or blowing us up ,because there will be noone left to fight us."

• TopHat
    TopHat

Fleaman. If the USA pulled out of Iraq....the Iranians and Syrians will own the country and the Oil. Don't ya know that is why these two countries are helping the insurgents. Iran and Syria don't give a damn about the people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit