Do you even care about the war of the Muslims?

by free2beme 85 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

A man I knew very well at work, who I even traveled to Mexico with on a company trip, is a Muslim from Afghanistan. He told me once, "Never trust any Muslim, as they will not tell you the truth about themselves until it is too late." I found this interesting as this man was Muslim. I often made light of his comments, as he was so positive and fun to hang with. His wife was also an awesome lady and I just loved being around her and her positive attitude.

So Monday of this week comes and this person I worked with for years does not show up to work. So I ask his wife if he is sick and she is all upset. I ask her what is wrong, and she tells me that he left her and flew back to Afghanistan to fight for the Taliban. I guess all the stuff happening over there to his family was upsetting him, and he wanted to go and fight.

I am just so sick of this war of the Muslim religions. I want American troops to pull out and let them all kill one another. Why bother fighting to help these nations, if they are just going to see our efforts as a reason to leave their families to go back and fight against us. The war in Iraq and Afghanistan is old. So sick of it, not worth it anymore.

• lighthouse19something
    lighthouse19something

Yes, I'm concerned about Muslim extremists. trouble is you do not kinow who the extremists are because they try to pass for moderates. The radicals are anti-christian and anti-sematic and feel they must convert the world to islam even by force.

• Merry Magdalene
    Merry Magdalene

I'm sick of war, deceit, manipulation, all of it. You actually think America is fighting to "help" them?

http://www.juancole.com/2005/08/fisking-war-on-terror-once-upon-time.html

And what you say about letting all Muslims kill each other could actually be said about humanity in general, it seems. But I am hoping for better than that. I empathize with the feelings underlying your thoughts.

~Merry

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

..NO..Let them kill one another,on the other side of the planet...OUTLAW

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

There looks to be no easy way. Still, with God, all things are possible. It's hard to know His mind, but we do have the mind of Christ.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

while the drunks and the drug addicts kill each other over here, right?

• onacruse
    onacruse

I saw a very poignant interview with a US soldier last week...I was rather surprised that it was even allowed to air.

He said: "Let's just pull out, let the Iraqi's have their civil war, let them sort things out, and then we can come back in and help them clean up the mess."

Well, I can't say that that last would be very successful, but at least it leaves it to being a war of Muslims against Muslims.

Christians have more than enough wars to fight with each other.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Three guys -- a Canadian farmer, Osama bin Laden, and an
    American engineer are walking together one day.
    They come across a lantern
    and a Genie pops out of it.

'I will give each of you one wish, which is three wishes
    total' says the Genie.

The Canadian says, 'I am a farmer, my dad was a farmer, and my
    son will also farm. I want the land to be forever
    fertile in Canada.'

Pooooof! With a blink of the Genie's eye, the land in Canada
    was forever made fertile for farming.

Osama bin Laden was amazed, so he said, 'I want an
    impenetrable wall around Afghanistan, Iraq and Iran with all believers of
    Mohammad inside and all Jews, Americans, and other infidel forever outside
    our precious state.

'Pooooof! Again, with the blink of the Genie's eye, there
    was a huge wall around those countries..

The American engineer asks, 'I am very curious. Please tell
    me more about this wall'. The Genie explains ,'Well, it's 5000 feet high, 500 feet thick and completely surrounds these
    countries........ it's virtually Impenetrable. Now what is your wish?'

The American engineer smiles and says, 'Fill it with water.'

• heathen
    heathen

I agree with you . They are only dragging the world down . They won't even try to unite under one flag or whatever it is they can unite under . Britain is getting the idea , pull out and cette la vive . The US has a terrible track record meddling in the mid east affairs . The government has been lying to the people over what is going on and it is obviously a civil war . Just saw on BBC news ,on average 94 Iraq civilians are killed everday because of the sooni- shiite hatred and not terrorism. The dems just couldn't break the republican resolve to send more troops to baghdad , it's like what else can yah do ? You vote for these people making promises and still get screwed .

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Free,

Why bother fighting to help these nations, if they are just going to see our efforts as a reason to leave their families to go back and fight against us. The war in Iraq and Afghanistan is old. So sick of it, not worth it anymore.

Don't beleive the propaganda, the US is not fighting to help these nations or people, it is all about oil, money, and big business profits.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1130731388742388243&q=war&hl=en

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit