Do you even care about the war of the Muslims?

by free2beme 85 Replies latest jw friends

• Jourles
    Jourles
    Never trust any Muslim, as they will not tell you the truth about themselves until it is too late."

It seems this statement could fit many others as well ---

• A JW saying, "Never trust any JW, as they will not tell you the truth about themselves until it is too late."
    • A Scientologist saying, "Never trust any Scientologist, as they will not tell you the truth about themselves until it is too late."
    • A Moonie saying, "Never trust any Moonie, as they will not tell you the truth about themselves until it is too late."
    • A politician saying, "Never trust any Politician, as they will not tell you the truth about themselves until it is too late."
    • A Republican saying, "Never trust any Republican, as they will not tell you the truth about themselves until it is too late."
    • A Demoract saying, "Never trust any Democrat, as they will not tell you the truth about themselves until it is too late."

Making a blanket statement not to trust ANY member of a group is just the same as speaking one of the above sayings. Not true. There are some you can trust, and there are others who lead double lives and have hidden agendas.

Let's not start this Iran nukes/no nukes argument again. As soon as someone can legitimately defend the USA's stance towards Iran based on the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, a true discussion can begin. Otherwise, people's "feelings" do not carry any weight on this matter. Continuing to label countries as "terrorist states" [parroting what the US and UK tell us everyday] contributes nothing to a worthwhile discussion.

Just because the US troops wear an official uniform doesn't mean they are not viewed as terrorists by the Iraqi people. If I were an Iraqi, I would be out there hiding in the bushes trying to shoot down helicopters and planting roadside bombs as well. Just the same as if Iraq was to invade the US and occupy this country. I would be out there on Main St. USA picking off Iraqi troops and planting roadside bombs. Just because I'm not wearing a uniform, it doesn't make me a terrorist.

• needproof
    needproof

Tophat, are you serious? You are saying that before the American's went into Iraq, the muslims were fighting each other on a similar scale? It was the U.S that caused civil war in Iraq.

• TopHat
    TopHat

Actually yes I am serious, Are you saying to me that the Sunnie's and Shittes were friendly before the Americans were there?

http://www.iranchamber.com/history/iran_iraq_war/iran_iraq_war1.php

• metatron
    metatron

The world will not wait forever. History will not wait forever. We are on the verge of humans

developing God-like power from genes and stem cells and dozens of other technologies. Add

nuclear weapons to the mix and things get scary.

There is hope however: There is growing suspicion that Saudi oil fields are running out. Iran may

run out of oil by 2015. The birthrate in Tunisia and Iran may slip below replacement levels.

Alternative energy is growing and will be encouraged by global warming concerns. It isn't politically

correct but cultures need to be compared - as the Confucian Asians grow rapidly and the Islamic

nations obsess with irrelevant - and often imaginary - grievances. If an asteroid destroyed

Israel tomorrow, the Arabs wouldn't be one bit richer or more free - and the Palestinians would

dominated by Syria and Egypt, as thousands of years of history testify.

History will not wait. The world will not wait. The best the West can do is take in refugees who

want to work in secular democracies.

metatron

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

American "help": the pyromaniac fireman?

• needproof
    needproof

Of course they were not friendly! Were they killing each other like they are doing now? lol no I dont think so.

• needproof
    needproof

lol Didier!

• Merry Magdalene
    Merry Magdalene

Thankfully, Jourles expressed very well some of what I was trying to formulate in my mind.

It really worries me when I see people viewing "them" as so fundamentally different than "us" that atrocities against "them" can be justified to protect "us" or "our way of life." Pre-emptive war, ethnic cleansing, genocide, it has been done before--to Jews, Gypsies, Homosexuals, Christians, Muslims, Native Americans, Australian Aborigines, Palestinians, Blacks, and on and on. This attitude must stop.

Do you really think that if what was done to "the East" politically by "the West" then (from a hundred years ago to now) had been reversed that "we" would still be somehow superior in our reactions and behaviors. It would just be the same beast in a different set of clothes. I think America and Britain and the newer Israel are just terrified that what they have gotten away with doing to "them" for so long is going to be (or is being) reversed. What I hear "them" being accused of wanting to do or threatening to do is, quite oddly, what "we" have already done to "them".

Insanity. Don't let it spread. Whatever can be said against "them" can also be said against "us."

As to one of the specifics of the Iraq situation (used to draw attention away from the culpability of America and its allies imo):

However, particularly in Iraq, Sunnis and Shiites have not always been at war with each other. While Shiites have periodically been persecuted in the modern period, particularly under the rule of Ottoman Sultan Abdulhamid (1876-1909), on a personal and communal level Sunnis and Shiites have long intermarried. Indeed, it is quite common to hear Iraqis proudly describe their families as having members of both sects, or being "all mixed up," as one friend described his family to me. And during the Iran-Iraq war most Iraqi Shi'a fought for Saddam Hussein, choosing their national identity over their sectarian one. But the repression of Shiites by Hussein, which had more to do with power politics (his power base was among Sunni Arabs, particularly from his home town of Tikrit) than any religious convictions on his part, created a system of relative privilege for the minority Sunni population that Shiites have naturally wanted to end now that they have assumed power as Iraq's largest community. The two groups could have worked out some kind of arrangement but for the fateful decision of conservative Sunni leaders to tolerate and even encourage the entrance of foreign Sunni fighters, or "jihadis" into Iraq as part of their insurgency against the U.S. and coalition forces. http://www.beliefnet.com/story/186/story_18621_1.html

~Merry

• needproof
    needproof

I very much agree with Merry.

• Merry Magdalene
    Merry Magdalene

I appreciated your remarks on this as well, needproof.

~Merry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit