What do you think is behind the watchtower change in 2008 ?

by 5go 100 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom
    AK-Jeff said : Perhaps - just perhaps - they are planning on charging for the In House Watchtower - the study version - a fixed price?

Very interesting thought!

I think that it very well can be a possibility. Could this be in line with, from what I recall, that one poster/topic who mentioned a few months back that the GB may implement a procedure that the R&F might find hard to swallow? Thus all the currrent articles pushing the allegience to the FDS (aka GB).

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously by WTS standards)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The WBT$ will print 28 million less magazines..WBT$ interests in the Rand Cam Engine Corp. and tobbaco giant Phillip Morris are doing just fine..Preaching the Word of God is costing the WBT$ money..Something has got to go..Say goodbye to 28 million copies of the WatchTower..God could be out of a job soon..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

The Awake! placement numbers are up, with the 2006 change. The Watchtower placement numbers are sure to be up too, with the 2008 change. It will be easier to know who's serious and who's not, and where the needs in the field are.

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom
    The Awake! placement numbers are up, with the 2006 change. The Watchtower placement numbers are sure to be up too, with the 2008 change.

Yes Fred, it's all about the "placements".

How many did you place brother?

Hey sister, were you able to place anything?

That man was nice, I placed a set of magazines.

Was anyone at home? Yes, I placed the latest articles.

Ah yes, the thrill of placing magazines. I believe preachers should use their Bibles along with the faith and testimony they have which is induced by Holy Spirit. Not just some printed suggested presentation on the back of the Our Kingdom Ministry. The magazines can be used for side reading perhaps. BUT NOT the focus in the joys of the public ministry.

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously by WTS standards)

• sir82
    sir82
    The Awake! placement numbers are up, with the 2006 change.

Official troll verification. Poster is is just making it up as he goes along.

There is no information gathered by the Society to indicate which magazine is placed. The "official" monthly report only asks for "magazines", not "number of Watchtowers" vs. "number of Awakes".

And "circulation" or "number printed" is utterly meaningless. As anyone with more than a passing acquaintance with JWs knows, there is not a JW household in existence that doesn't have stacks of hundreds of unplaced magazines piling up in a cupboard somewhere in the house.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Don't bully Fred too much. His reactions are typical of the average indoctrinated JW.

This change is wonderful- allows us to see the difference between meat and milk.
    This change is wonderful- we won't have to waste time putting footnotes in to explain
    what a "pioneer" is (or explain that a true Christian is only a JW).

Anyway, Fred, you don't know that Awake placements are up. The organization
    could say they are, but they only know how many are produced. Otherwise, keep
    posting your thoughts.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

Are you saying that JWs don't report Watchtower and Awake! placements in different columns?

• sir82
    sir82

No bullying, just pointing out the obvious. He's welcome to keep posting, he just blew his cover (and did it again with this question):

Are you saying that JWs don't report Watchtower and Awake! placements in different columns?

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

Speaking from my own personal experience, I feel that the only way to think it's fair to say that most everyone has hundreds of magazines stacking up is if one were to count their personal copies from over the years. I (like various others I've known) like to have both bound volumes and personal copies in my library. The bound volumes are kept clean, for photocopying from or for letting others use; the personal ones are marked from cover to cover in 4-color pen — both underlining in the paragraphs, and marginal notes; both from personal study and from congregational study. I still do it that way, even though I've been df'd for 14 months now. I'm still regular as clockwork, and am always one of the first to go to the mag counter.

There certainly have been lots of announcements, especially in the years past, for people to regularly adjust their orders at the magazine counter. And if the placement mags were starting to stack a little, there might be suggestions at the service groups, etc. to encourage street witnessing, which was always a great way to find a way to place, especially if a person had a mag route and lots of RVs and Bible Studies, which I knew how to do years ago.

Along that line, I remember 10 years ago, when I was still allowed to publish, that several in the downtown congregation I was in had standing orders of 20-25 of both Watchtower and Awake!, and we were constantly running empty and having to ask one another, or get the brothers to make an announcement to bring mags in from home. Sometimes there'd be none that anyone could find, and we'd be asking for more from other congregations around. But then we had a fairly large shift-work/immigrant population, with a large number of foreign language mags. Many of them were trying to learn English, so they'd take both their native language (if it was available) and in English, and compare wording. Those certainly were the days! By now things are much tamer, not the rivalry there once was. Galatians 6:4 is a staple now, in that department. Every once in a while, though, a person will hear an (assembly) experience of someone placing 75 books at work, or some such, but it has to be pretty extraordinary like that for the numbers to come out, generally.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings Fred E. Hathway,

I still do it that way, even though I've been df'd for 14 months now. I'm still regular as clockwork, and am always one of the first to go to the mag counter.

Interesting that they'd wait on you. Df'd = Dead

Dismembered

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit