What do you think is behind the watchtower change in 2008 ?

by 5go 100 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

How are you so wise and all-knowing?

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Hi Fred,

If I'm wise or not is of little importance. Simply consider my well-intentioned words. If they can be of any benefit at all I am pleased. If you misunderstand or disregard them that's ok too. As for my being "all-knowing" I want you to know that I absolutely love sarcasm and employ it liberally myself. It would appear that we have more than one thing in common. If the "all-knowing" comment refers to my opinions about your judicial proceedings please be assured that they are based on my own experiences as well as numerous discussions with other elders, c.o.'s. d.o.'s, m.t.s. grads, and bethelites. Sincerely, I'm only trying to lighten your load my brother.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

Without wisdom, we would only stumble. I do know that I have a handicap at listening to counsel without an interactive component and written direction. What scriptural basis do they use for JCs being conducted without audiotape or written direction allowed? Also what scriptural basis do they use for the final meeting to finish without a prayer on my behalf? A properly-adjusted load would be welcome.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

1. nvrgnbk="never going back" or the more informal "never goin' back" and does not="never gone back"

Your description suggests that I have yet to go back while the truth of the matter is that I cannot ever go back.Why? My brain would explode upon being exposed to the propaganda machine thus creating a nasty mess in the Kingdom Hall. It's healthier for everyone involved if I stay away.

2. My comment about wisdom was not intended to minimize in any way the importance of the quality. In fact, one definition is : knowledge gained over a long period of time through learning or experience. That is precisely what I'm attempting to share with you.

3. Please explain what you meant about an adjusted load. It went over my head.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

The announcement that was made was "... is NOT one of Jehovah's Witnesses" rather than the usual "... is NO LONGER one of Jehovah's Witnesses".

I'm wanting to BE what you are "NEVER" going back to. I'm talking to the wrong person, I see. I hope that someone lurking might be able to answer my questions. Anyone?

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

2 weeks ago, at the Kingdom Hall, after the meeting, a regular visitor to the hall (not a publisher)
    goes up to the counter and asks for quite a few pieces of literature.
    The literature servant has his silent alarms go off that this is a waste of literature.
    He is probably thinking that she has a few screws loose (she does, but didn't we all for going to
    the Kingdom Hall regularly?) and doesn't need all that literature.

Well, she wants it, he doesn't want to give it to her. I am nearby. As much as the elder body
    knows how much trouble a doubting former elder is, they haven't yet muddied my name to the
    rest of the congregation, so the MS behind the counter still respects what I have to say-
    "The literature is free of charge, correct?"
    "Yes, but she wants alot."
    "But you have the things she wants, none of it is special order, correct?"
    "Yes."
    "What's the difference if she gets some of it now, some of it next week?
    If it's free of charge, then she should get what she requests."
    "They told us to be leary of people accepting tons of literature and not needing it."
    "That could be for the door-to-door work, or for a visitor that you don't often see here, even then-
    free-of-charge IS free-of-charge, but this woman is here every week. Give her what she needs."
    "Okay." (I felt like a bully, but he won't even remember it happened.)

(Quoting On the way out's post) If I was the literature attendent, I would have counted all the stuff she wanted as "placements" on my monthly slip.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Fred, I'll take a stab at your question, though I was never a Witness. Take my interpretation with a grain of salt. It may be that I misunderstand you as well.

I do know that I have a handicap at listening to counsel without an interactive component and written direction. What scriptural basis do they use for JCs being conducted without audiotape or written direction allowed?

There is none. They likely do this at the direction of the FDS and their legal department, who don't want their own words to be used against them.

Also what scriptural basis do they use for the final meeting to finish without a prayer on my behalf?

None, you know it.

The announcement that was made was "... is NOT one of Jehovah's Witnesses" rather than the usual "... is NO LONGER one of Jehovah's Witnesses".

Probably a failing of the brother, who doesn't have to make this announcement very often.

• metatron
    metatron

No, placement of the (superficial and deceptive) Awake is WAY down. In the past, you had a total

of about 48 million printed per month and now it's in the 30's for the whole month.

The Watchtower will go in the same direction and for the same reason - because Jehovah's

Witnesses lack the "zeal of opening the wallet".

metatron

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Hello metetron,jgnat,jayhawk, and all.

Re: Increased mag distribution. I can only confirm what the majority have already stated. My office @ home is buried in unplaced Watchtowers and Awakes. In my old hall ther were literally hundreds of magazines collecting dust in heaps in the utility room. I'm not exaggerating. When the hall received an inspection one RBC brother referred to these heaps as a fire hazard.

Re: Fred"wanting so badly to be a brother again" Hathaway. Yes, you do have the wrong guy. Sorry to have wasted your time.

P.S. I hope your body of elders doesn't sit around and bust on you behind your back like every body I've ever known did to brothers and sisters after their j.c.'s.

• 5go
    5go

100th topic post

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit