What do you think is behind the watchtower change in 2008 ?

by 5go 100 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• 5go
    5go

I think it's an atempt to catch faders or atleast make active dubs feel special. It also could be a cost cutting measure to though. Getting rid of the KM's and even up awakes and watchtowers would save some trees.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

The Awake was never well received.Why print millions of copies when you can't even give them away!The WTS is always looking at the bottom line.Donations are down.The only thing they have is their vast real estate holdings.Even some of those holdings have been sold.The Bethel has been downsized.

With no new growth in the near future,the WTS is going to look for new ways to save money.The future doesn't look too bright for them.They will never admit it to the rank and file.

• Caine
    Caine

It is abvious that there is a serious cashflow problem. Bethel lsyoffs, paper books, awake coming out once a month. Furthermore witnesses are told not to pursue any money making career. Most dont have much money to begin with and with gas prices and everything going up they cannot donate any money. No one asks for donations at the door, and few donate when getting literature. So the corporation has to trim the fat. Were seeing the last 20 years of this religion

• Caine
    Caine

obvious...oops

• onacruse
    onacruse

Well, I don't have any inside info to "prove it," but what I think is:

1) The WTS really stopped doing subscriptions because too many were-once-witnesses were thereby getting the literature (without benefit of regular return visits or a bible study) and making "use" of it (you take my meaning).

2) The WTS issued the WT CD because they thought:

a) that it wouldn't get into the hands of "were-once-witnesses," and;

b) even if it did, no one would take notice of what was done with it.

3) The WTS has now realized that both efforts were abortive;

4) Therefore, the best way to control the flow of critical information (the special "insider" edition of the Watchtower) is to restrict it to those who have the audacity to go to the literature desk, ask for that literature, submit an identity card proving that they are a JW in good standing, and have an elder co-sign.(Hyperbole, but the social engine involved is about right).

Even this last will be a futile effort.

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Gosh what have I missed? What special "insider wt"?

• pierogi
    pierogi

Someone earlier said that only JWs in good standing could get the JW only Watchtower. Then someone posted what they heard on the announcements and it didn't say active JWs, but

publishers. So do you have to be active? Do you think they are going to make a big deal about it like it's some kind of VIP thing? lol. I guess they couldn't if you'll hear it being read at the

Sunday meetings.

• Caine
    Caine

in that case hoqw could a df person study for the watchtower

• Balsam
    Balsam

disfellowshipped or disassociated people are permitted the study articles only if they attend the meetings regularly. I guess that goes for inactive ones too. If you don't attend meetings, no literature. I was told tht about 5 months ago. But that was before the change in study magazines.

Balsam

• pierogi
    pierogi
    If you don't attend meetings, no literature.

Oh the love they have for feeding spritual food... lol

But you know how if you forget your magazine they have a pile in the back? Couldn't you just take it from that? And if it's your first time back, do you have to wait untill you've been

attending regularily to get magazines for service? Oh no wait... those are different magazines. That wasn't supposed to be a joke. lol. I just remembered as I was typing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit