new watchtower mag arrangement

by shadowofbathory 122 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

The primary motivation for such a move would be money - and the enormous waste of resources that goes into printing

magazines that few people - even Witnesses - actually read. They are simply filling up landfills with this trash and not

getting the contributions they need to support it.

The second reason has to do with the increasingly difficult stretch they must maintain in regard to managing

their pretense of a "clean organization" amidst outright decay. Take a good look at what sort of garbage the

Awake in particular is publishing these days - while they hypocritically promote a squeeky clean image,

they also print articles on kids being GAY or young people "hooking up" for sex!

What does this tell you? It screams VOLUMES about what is actually happening in congregations

THAT THEY CAN'T OPENLY ADMIT. Such articles typically avoid actually admitting that the examples

mostly concern Witness kids - and not some anonymous teenagers "in the world".

They are currently using Circuit Assemblies as a means of addressing their real opinions about going to college,

making a living or other subjects - with little fear of being reproached for cult behavior because such

meetings aren't really for the public anymore. When was the last time you saw a placard advertising

such an assembly , held as it is, in isolated assembly halls?

This newfound scheme of distribution doesn't get them off the hook entirely because there's too many of us

connected to the organization to expose their cult demands. However, it would be yet another example of their

desperate need for isolation amidst a world that is increasingly repelled by what the Watchtower orders its

thralls to do and believe. If the rumors about selling off all Brooklyn properties and retiring to Wallkill prove to be

true, you can add that to the list of their internal isolation attempts.

metatron ( "what we believe ( the 1st) and what we REALLY believe" (the 15th)

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

May I dare suggest another wild idea???

What about the possiblity of a NEW magazine that may be produced in the future that is neither the Watchtower or Awake? Two new mags each month, the Watctower being one and the other is this 'new' magazine. They may transform the Awake yet again.

Just changing the name of the publication could be a good way to stir up the JWs into thinking that the 'chariots of fire' are moving full speed ahead!

-Drew, of the 'overly excited by dog poo' class

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

blondies weekly review of the watchtower study article has them scared lol

(surely someone is gonna make sure blondie gets a copy!)

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX
    "I would expect that the issue of the Watchtower which is designed for cult members will eventually be distributed electronically. Each Kingdom Hall will need a laser printer and PC or they can just send an elder to Kinko's. This will enable elders to control distribution locally. It will also reduce printing and distribution costs for Watchtower corporate by imposing these costs on the local congregation. While I do not think this new arrangement is designed to keep the "Cult Member Edition" of the Watchtower out of apostate hands, the reduction of availability will be a happy side benefit of what is basically just a cost cutting program for Watchtowre corporate. Also we might see the "Cult Member Edition" of the Watchtower merge with the other internal bulletin, The Kingdom Ministry."

This is actually a good observation... however... this would require that the folks at each KH know how to use a computer. It _also_ might mean that they actually have to *gasp* get on the internet!

But - it _would_ shift the cost-burden to the locals, as the mother-ship would not be printing them anymore.

After thinking this through a bit... I really doubt that they would go this route, as it would result in many KHs dropping out - if they neglected to 'print' their copies, and distribute them.

I think that they are taking this step to make it more of an 'exclusive club' sort of thing. It will be promoted as a way of 'weeding out' those who are not really interested, etc.

The only problem is... the more they 'weed out' the more their membership numbers drop. To me, this sounds counter-productive - unless their main source of revenue has shifted from magazines and books to real estate (or something similar).

Regards,

Jim TX

P.S. The only other thing that I would wonder about is if they would include these 'exclusive' issues in the annual 'bound volumes'.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

In their haste to take advantage of that tax dodge, that "train wreck" drop in cash flow they've experienced in going to a donation arrangement for everything, I think it's a safe bet that they're only real means of income is double dipping into the congregants pockets for real estate and their ocnvention and assembly fund raisers.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

drew said ***What about the possiblity of a NEW magazine***

Yes, this would square with the fact that they recently bought 7 new Lithoman IV presses. These aren't exactly ditto-makers.

http://www.jw-media.org/region/americas/usa/english/releases/growth/usa_e030901.htm

How can they justify these multi-million dollar worldwide purchases to the friends?

~Sue

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

THE WATCHER ANNOUNCING JEHOVAH'S KINGDOM. What ever happened to this proclamation!? Will they remove this heading next? How many brothers will want to be the Watchtower study conductor now? It looks like ANNOUNCING THE WATCHTOWER ORGANIZATION is going to take precedence over ANNOUNCING JEHOVAH'S KINGDOM.

If the end is very near, coming very soon, then they should be intensifying the announcement, not reducing it. They should be on tv, the radio, the internet, advertise, advertise, advertise THE KINGDOM! They should be taking out huge ads in all the major newspapers. Instead they keep on cutting back this proclamation. Yes! There will be BLOOD!

Blueblades

• becca1
    becca1

Thanks! Smells like more downsizeing.

• avengers
    avengers
    This is the 'Don't Let Blondie Get her hands on the Watchtower!' Campaign!!!!!

But it ain't gonna stop her, no way!

btw. Did you notice that when you type in "Jehovahs-witness" in Google, we're on top again?

After the outage a few weeks ago the "real" JW site was on top for weeks. Not anymore!!

Andy

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie
    If the end is very near, coming very soon, then they should be intensifying the announcement, not reducing it. They should be on tv, the radio, the internet, advertise, advertise, advertise THE KINGDOM! They should be taking out huge ads in all the major newspapers. Instead they keep on cutting back this proclamation.

Exactly what I was thinking, Blueblades.

YC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit