new watchtower mag arrangement

by shadowofbathory 122 Replies latest jw friends

• shadowofbathory
    shadowofbathory

the latest from brooklyn ( my mate in upper management ) i thought id share..

the watchtower is remaining bi monthly

instead of both monthly offerings sharing same formats there is a change coming into action soon

the 1st of the month edition will be written, designed and tailored for the general public with very little in the way of study articles, more like old school awake meets a dodgy plain truth mag edition serviced with a slick marketing team treatment with a touch of michael mann

the 15th of the month edition will be only hardcore study articles, specific info for jw's only and will NOT be offered or distributed to the general public or irregular meeting attendees

i can get more deatils for those who are interested

i guess their marketing strategy has changed or their target audience moved

• Jourles
    Jourles
    the 15th of the month edition will be only hardcore study articles, specific info for jw's only and will NOT be offered or distributed to the general public or irregular meeting attendees

If true, it will be just as predicted years ago. One less magazine in the monthly distribution cycle to hand out for a donation. I'm guessing if this comes to fruition, the Awake will be the next to go.

• Gill
    Gill

Very interesting and Welcome, Shadowofbathory!

It would be interesting to know more. Would that mean that they would only print 6 million of the 15th of the month magazine, just enough for all the current JWs? Is this to reduce printing cost and reduce their losses?

• Gill
    Gill

Dying is a long and drawn out process for many. Bits stop functioning gradually and this all adds to the eventual final death of the subject/person in question.

The WTBTS is heading towards its deathbed.

• Jourles
    Jourles

I just think its so funny that when it comes to scrutinizing their cash flow, we can guess exactly what steps they are going to take before they actually do it. New light my ass.

• Jourles
    Jourles
    Would that mean that they would only print 6 million of the 15th of the month magazine, just enough for all the current JWs?

What is the current amount they print? Over 100 million? Less? Does anybody have a latest mag to see how many go into circulation? But yeah Gill - imagine how much they save if they were to cut back from 100 million copies to ~6 million copies. Probably in the neighborhood of several million dollars, per month.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings shadowofbathory,

Thanks for the heads up, and news. One of things I look foward to here, is news/changes watchtower has to make due to their never ending charades of "new light"

Dismembered

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

The average 'Give Them Hell' articles written for the rank and file, never could be understood by the public and sometimes made them look like idiots. So, yes, a special edition for the public is in order and can be offered for the whole month, because nobody reads them anyway.

Outaservice

• Clam
    Clam

Thanks Shadow. We heard on here last week that the preaching work was "soon" to end. Maybe this fits in with that?

Dying is a long and drawn out process for many. Bits stop functioning gradually and this all adds to the eventual final death of the subject/person in question.

LOL Gill. This could be "a sign of the end."

For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall show signs and wonders, to seduce. . . even though they may have to rationalise their international printing businesses as people become more and more bored of their tired message.

• dozy
    dozy

WT print run about 34 million per issue , so this move would save 28 million issues. The idea makes sense - the WT has always sat uneasily as being a "staff magazine" for R & F JWs with sometimes quite explicitly JW articles while being offered to the general public with the required "puff piece" articles so that it can be offered on the ministry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit