Name "UNWRITTEN" Rules That JWs Are Supposed To Follow

by minimus 105 Replies latest jw friends

• campaign of hate
    campaign of hate

The watchtower underline thing.

Stupid rule. Who needs to underline something to study it?

• coalize
    coalize

But I must to admit that's is a lot of the rules you have quoted in this topic that I never heard about here in France.

I think, some of these rules and their strictly enforcement, have more to seen with the stupid puritan prudish american way of thinking than with JW themselves.

I think some of these people act so featherbrained more because they're typically american-raised joe than because they're JW.

• Lieu
    Lieu

The problem with JWs is that it is an US American religion. One that got stuck in the fabled 1950s television land. A complete life of make believe.

The underline thing is for "show". All study articles when opened should give the appearance that a paint factory vomited on the pages. It is only the most spiritual minded who treasure books/mags/etc that look like a hot mess.

• coalize
    coalize
    Who needs to underline something to study it?

Just another LOOK-AT-ME-THE-GREAT-JW-I-AM bullshit...

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

The WT are very simplistic and I see no reason to underline them. However, I find it useful for college ebooks. I'm able to sort all my highlighted text into several pages of study material.

Years ago when I was active I would just take a yellow highlighter and mark my WT for appearance purposes. That was one of the rules I had to obey or I would be labeled bad association.

• Lieu
    Lieu
    Never understood that erroneous male answer thing. I wonder how that whole last days "your sons AND daughters will prophesy" thing would work out?
  • Bugbear
    Bugbear

InquiryMan

I agree with your laid back “Scandinavian” attitude. But it depends very much on in what congs. You were. There was a pioneering couple coming to our “needing” cong. I happened to be very interested in Egyptian history an archeology, and therefore I had some “pictures” from old ancient Egypt. Among my paintings were two plastic pictures covered with “plastic gold”. They were plastic copies depicting probably Nephertite and Cleopatra.

One day when I was at work these two pioneers knocked on my door and my wife with several small kids at home, opened. They said that they would like to discuss some matters with her. They said that they could not accept that we had a Bible study at our home with these two pictures of ancient goddesses on the wall. And then the literary, took down the pictures, and burned them in my garden. This without asking me the owner of the paintings. When I came home that day I didn´t first notice that the “pictures” were missing. But after a few days I asked my wife were they were. She told me the story crying with tears on her cheeks. I got furious but resisted going over to these spiritually strong pioneers, discussing the matter. I preferred to avoid row within the congregation. I was an elder at the time but I know that this was one of mine first awakenings, and the beginning of my fading.

Bugbear

• coalize
    coalize
    Never understood that erroneous male answer thing

Another proof of the fact that religion comes from the brain of human males and not from God...

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

These are great! And oh how true! Such ridiculousness and Pharisee-led la-la land.

Another one: family heads (meaning males, of course!) must sit on the aisle seat. It would be quite presumptuous for a wife to take the end of the row seat.

I got counselled one time for having my bra strap show when I was wearing a sleeveless top to the meeting and it was a very hot summer day.

I remember a sister who breast-fed her baby in the Kingdom Hall, yes, right there in the main hall, not even going to the mother's room -- she had a little blanket covering herself but it was really talked about and whispered about and made everybody totally uncomfortable -- she would even put her hand up to answer questions while doing this shocking thing -- now I think, good for her!

You couldn't say, "Good luck" or "Bless you" ....

You couldn't have wind chimes... or garden gnomes....

.... even having a chess board was very questionable .... (war games!)

• coalize
    coalize
    even having a chess chess board was very questionable .... (war games)..

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Make me think here, in France, we had a stupid rule too : no clinking glasses, no toast!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit