Name "UNWRITTEN" Rules That JWs Are Supposed To Follow

by minimus 105 Replies latest jw friends

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    I actually don't believe most JWs are dumb or stupid. I know many well read and educated witnesses. The problem is that they don't apply their intellectual skills towards looking closely at their faith. I think many know that if they did they would never be the same so they choose to stay in ignorance on purpose.
  • millie210
    millie210

No staying after school for projects - bad association!

No making friends with worldly kids when you live at home - unless they agree to study and/or attend meetings with you.

No decorating with corn stalks at your door in the fall - too worldy/resembles Halloween

Heres an old one that had since quite being practiced but used to be:

not putting your name on a gift at a baby/wedding shower - considered a lack of humility to show what you gave.

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

I was told, don't worry so much about school, time is short, the end is coming in just a few short years, quit school, pioneer, 75 is almost here!

I will be able to retire when I die! Well I won't be able to work that long, I am slowly losing the feelings in my feet and legs! I hope someone shoots me before I get to the totally dependent state!

Thanks so much JW.borg!

• adimmedlight
    adimmedlight

If your car-group is two sisters and a brother, both sisters sit in the back seat.

Pray with your eyes closed.

The color red is too racy and invites the wrong attention.

The elder and his wife can associate freely with their inactive children and grandchildren, but I should be weary of associating with inactive friends and family because they are bad association.

Don't take a lunch in service.

Showing kneecaps is a no-no!

Always wear nylons, even in 90 degree heat.

It is inappropriate to hug brothers, even if the brother initiates the hug.

Don't come to the meeting with a blank Watchtower.

Take notes during talks to show you're paying attention, even if they are just the same thoughts and scriptures as every other meeting.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

JW_Rogue - "I actually don't believe most JWs are dumb or stupid. I know many well read and educated witnesses. The problem is that they don't apply their intellectual skills towards looking closely at their faith. I think many know that if they did they would never be the same so they choose to stay in ignorance on purpose."

Very true.

I speak from experience.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Children must not buy ice creams. They must instead,t give that money to the Governing Body who will use it to help the paedophile that rapes that child, to continuse to rape other children.
  • zeb
    zeb
    Ties. and jackets. No matter how hot the weather, ties and jackets.
  • zeb
    zeb

Men and women cannot be friends.

In a former cong we had one of the dragon-class who would rush .. rush.. over to but into any non married couple who were conversing.

So I used to make a point of conversing so just to give her the s****.

• coalize
    coalize

"Everytime you want to do something think at what Jesus would have done at your place."

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan
    Lucky Scandinavian sisters.... They might go to Magix Mike XXL then, since in Norway it is allowed for all ages... whereas in the US it is a big no no since it is an R-rated film... Oops, of course their bible trained conscience would of course not allow them to go anyway.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit