Name "UNWRITTEN" Rules That JWs Are Supposed To Follow

by minimus 105 Replies latest jw friends

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

I never carried one for years.I thought that was for old people,dorks, and lawyers.They finally talked me into carrying one.And by-the-way,what are the Elders carrying in these bags that weigh a ton?

• SeanGuy
    SeanGuy

Well, if a sister told you that...than it MUST be true!!!

I sister also told me that JW's eat their young...It also MUST be true!!!

I will now forward all my second hand info to other people, and pass it off as facts! =D

-SeanGuy

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

I will now forward all my second hand info to other people, and pass it off as facts! =D

Now yer gettin it.

• undercover
    undercover

"Don't save for retirement...Don't pursue a career...don't love anyone not a JW"

Most Jehovah's Witnesses save for retirement, I know quite a number of Jehovah's Witneses that are in professional careers...including myself and my family. One of the main qualities Jehovah's witnesses show is "love for their neighbor".

I have been a baptized witness of Jehovah for over 15 years...

Wow...Fifteen whole years...lessee that would mean you became a JW in...1992 or thereabouts. Why not ask those of us who were JWs back in the sixties and seventies and were promised, yes...promised that this system was due to end very soon and that we would not need a retirement fund nor a college education.

Now many of us are retired, nearing retirement or have realized that we aren't going to live forever into a paradise earth. We are going to grow old in "this system" and we needed that college education and we will need a retirement fund. But it's too late now.

As for "loving your neighbor", yes the Society likes to project the image of caring and loving, but the Society speaks with a double tongue...in one instance they make a big deal of caring about "their neighbor" but in another, they condemn the world and rejoice in the prospect of 6 billion people being killed by God.

Anyway...welcome to the forum. A word of advice...before you adamantly defend the Society, be prepared. Know your subject well, inside and out. Many here know more about the Society and JWs than most any average publisher. You can repeat what you've read in the magazines all you want, but it won't stand up to the scruitiny of those willing to question and doubt what the Society publishes and says.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I see we've attracted the attention of another cultist troll.

What's the matter, cult boy? Too cold for street work today?

Don't forget to count your time.

W

• Rooster
    Rooster
    Most Jehovah's Witnesses save for retirement, I know quite a number of Jehovah's Witneses that are in professional careers...including myself and my family. One of the main qualities Jehovah's witnesses show is "love for their neighbor".

This is not all true. We are taught to stay away from our neighbors who have not joined the JW Cult/Sect. I have travel to areas that were devastated from storms. We worked only on JW's homes. A neighbor of one of the JW Cult/sect member asked if we could help him. The brother in charge said "No that man never took the magazines. We have other brother’s homes to take care of."

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Children are not allowed to have toys, books, crayons or any other items of entertainment that might distract them from listening to the meeting. This includes children of ALL ages.

If your child starts to misbehave or make noise you will rapidly remove them from the hall. If you dont an elder will. Your child is keeping other people from receiving life saving information and needs to be "dealt" with.

New ones dont know this but if a JW were read ONLY Watchtower publications he would remain in the "light", but if he only read the BIBLE..he would rapidly return to darkness.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

I have been a baptized witness of Jehovah for over 15 years, I work as a Insurance Claims Adjuster, and attending Law School part time. My mother is a General Practitioner (MD), and my father is not a witness. -He does not have any college education (self employed) My older brother is a manager of a Electrical supply store (bachelor degree) and my younger brother is attending Law School full time. We are not looked down at in the congregation. It's when you put schooling or work 1st place in your life instead of God...that's when it not a positive thing. Alot of the "unwritten rules" are not rules at all. It's common sense. If your unsure regarding something you heard about JW...ask one. =P

WELCOME, SeanBoy. Many/most on this board have been Jehovah's Witnesses for many or more years than that. A lot of this isn't something we "heard" about JW's, we LIVED it.

***you could go on and on, but your still wrong. Either your ignorant, or you just enjoy making things up...but it doesn't matter, whatever makes you feel smarter is all that counts, right?-SeanGuy

Be prepared to know what you are dealing with before you start accusing people of being liars.

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

Rules, I had to LOL when I read about the "pioneer shuffle"! How well I remember that! What about no watching of tv shows or movies that had magic, OH, except for the Disney movies, cause that's DIFFERENT! SNORT!!!

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

This is not all true. We are taught to stay away from our neighbors who have not joined the JW Cult/Sect. I have travel to areas that were devastated from storms. We worked only on JW's homes. A neighbor of one of the JW Cult/sect member asked if we could help him. The brother in charge said "No that man never took the magazines. We have other brother’s homes to take care of."

Without hijacking the thread...this is 100% accurate. I live in West Palm Beach. When Frances and Jeanne came through here in 04 the elders son who lives a couple doors down, put a magnetic sign on his pickup that said "Jehovahs Witnesses Hurricane Relief". We were all helping each other clear out huge trees and roofing materials and not ONCE did I see this "good brother" anywhere in the neighborhood helping NON JWS! I guaran-freakin-tee that nobody else got magnetic signs that said "Catholics Hurricane Relief" or "Baptists Hurricane Relief" blowing THEIR trumpets before THEM! Made me sick. And if they DO happen to help a nonJW they advertise advertise advertise that they BOTHERED to help some worldly nobody out and it becomes a photo-op for a future assembly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit