Stupid Brits!

by nicolaou 86 Replies latest jw friends

• Dansk
    Dansk

And another thing, I hate call centres that are situated in India! I love Indians, my heroes are Buddha, Ramana and Gandhi, but when one has a technical problem, with a computer or Sky TV for example, sometimes it's extremely difficult and frustrating trying to understand the person on the end of the telephone - and for older people they must often just have to give up!

And, just like I said about hyping the England soccer team, last night's result was England 0 - 1 Spain. We're utter garbage!!

The weather? I believe Norwegians are equally as bad at complaining!

Yep, we're a nation of moaners - but we've got BIG hearts!

Ian

• mia_b
    mia_b

"Why is a cheese cake called a cheese cake when it's not made out of cheese? I love it here! Ian" Ian - cheese cake IS made out of cheese! You stupid brit! soft cheese, evap milk, lemon juice, and crushed digestive biscuits is what i use - at work someone used ginger biscuits but i havent tried yet. mascapone cheese is the proper one to use although my neice used philadelphia when she made it at school! lmao

• Clam
    Clam
    I'm aware of a couple of British gangster flicks like Formula 51 and Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels, but I wonder if I'm missing out on some good ones...

Sir Nose a couple of good oldies are Get Carter and The Long Good Friday. Snatch is a good one too, and it's by Guy Ritchie who did Lock, Stock.

In Snatch a couple of wide boys try and blag a caravan off some pikeys. It all goes tits up but the muppets chance on a geezer who's a bit tasty in a scrap. Next thing the local gangster's got the pikey and his chinas fitted up in a dodgy bare-knuckle job. Sounds like a load of old pony but it's a good plot and a right giraffe. There's some septic tanks in it too.

Clam

• Dansk
    Dansk
    You stupid brit! soft cheese, evap milk, lemon juice, and crushed digestive biscuits is what i use

Well, they never taste like cheese (at least, not the commercial ones) LOL!

Besides, I'm living up to the title of the thread!

Ian

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Loved Snatch. Brad Pitt wasn't too bad in it either.

• Gregor
    Gregor

To save water the Brits use a two stage flush on their loos. Choice of a light flush for fluids and a more thorough flush when needed. That's smart.

In the US they limit all toilets to 1.5 gallons per flush, more than necessary for a wee but not enough for solids so you have to flush twice. That's stoopid.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo
    And, just like I said about hyping the England soccer team, last night's result was England 0 - 1 Spain. We're utter garbage!!

But remember - it's because we're aiming at bigger fish!

Yes we do have big hearts - I guess that shows up quite well in our optimism about things such as the footy and hoping against hope that we'll have our problems fixed when we get through to the Indian call centres. We're often prepared to believe the best in people and situations, but the downside is we can get let down badly.

Blessed are the pessimists for they shall never be disappointed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit