Stupid Brits!

by nicolaou 86 Replies latest jw friends

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

What seems very strange is that Canada was consistently in one of the top three positions for 'Lifestyle' since the 70's, then Simon moves there and it plummets to 22nd position. Maybe the US should export Dick Cheney to play cricket for Scunthorpe and alter the balance of Western power.

As to speaking English when in France :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARy47F-y9XU

HS

• Simon
    Simon

Yeah, the place has really gone downhill since we arrived =:-o

Oh, and am I allowed to start making fun of "you brits" now ;-)

• onacruse
    onacruse

hs:

Maybe the US should export Dick Cheney to play cricket for Scunthorpe

Cricket would be a lot safer, since it doesn't involve quail hunting--lesson for us Mercks: keep Cheney as far away from guns as possible.

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Simon, you can now make fun of whoever you want as you are now protected from everyone by your neighbor to the south.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    I took several pictures of English feet

nothing to add here

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Robdar

Maybe the difference is that most Brits can laugh and be scathing about something they love, whereas some Americans think if you love something you can't act like that?

I certainly know the JYA posse from the US at my Uni' were always a little taken aback by the English habit of taking the piss out of their friends (micky taking), as they were unable to distinguish banter from criticism at first.

No humour until last night? Hell, I found it funny loads of times before last night, even if sometimes I was probably the only one. Glad to have entertained.

• Dansk
    Dansk
    BTW, ya'll do have some big feet!

Well, ya know wot they say, big feet = big socks!

While this might be a 'British' knocking thread, I 'ate the way the English media hype up our soccer team when it's absolutely garbage and hasn't won anything since 1966. Thank goodness for Manchester United!! <-----------Red Devil (United's nickname).

Why is a cheese cake called a cheese cake when it's not made out of cheese?

I love it here!

Ian

• pobthespazz
    pobthespazz

Sir Nose 2 films you should take a look at both with Ray Winstone; Love Honour & Obey + Sexy Beast with Ben Kingsley..

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    Maybe the difference is that most Brits can laugh and be scathing about something they love, whereas some Americans think if you love something you can't act like that?

Wow, such a blanket statement! Who says we Americans can't laugh at ourselves? If that were so there would be no SNL, The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, most of our comics wouldn't be able to get a gig here, the daily political comics in the newpaper would be banned, and we would have never re-elected Bush. We laugh at ourselves all the time. Maybe you're too insulated over there about American self-deprecating humor?

Josie

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    I 'ate the way the English media hype up our soccer team when it's absolutely garbage and hasn't won anything since 1966.

Oh Ian! I'd been dreading that one coming up. You're so right, every four years "the time is right", "this squad's the best since '66", "footballs' coming home"!

We never learn do we?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit