Stupid Brits!

by nicolaou 86 Replies latest jw friends

• Dansk
    Dansk
    We never learn do we?

Nope! The media hyped up the cricket team and just look what the convicts Aussies did to us! A 5-0 thrashing!!

Another thing, the English soccer manager's job is a nice cushy number to make millions and achieve nothing (unless you count scoring with the girls in the FA offices!). Now, Johnny Wilkinson's back and suddenly we're going to win the rugby world cup! Sheesh!!

We're now absolutely useless at sport on the international arena and even our best soccer teams are full of foreigners or we wouldn't win anything there, either! Sheesh!!

Thank goodness for the NHS - a truly great British institution!

Ian

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    Thank goodness for the NHS - a truly great British institution!

I expect you meant that tongue in cheek, Ian? The NHS is definitely British, great I'm not so sure.

• Dansk
    Dansk
    The NHS is definitely British, great I'm not so sure.

It has its problems, that's true, but, on the whole, I can't complain for the way I've been treated these past three years, especially. In many countries patients can't afford the drugs I'm receiving for free. Free health care should be the right of every person on the planet. That's why I laud the NHS.

Ian

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I must agree with you on that Ian, and I hope the treatment is going well.

I work for the NHS myself, so I suppose I'm biting the hand that feeds me by criticising them.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Linda,

I work for the NHS myself, so I suppose I'm biting the hand that feeds me by criticising them.

Actually, it needs criticising otherwise it will just stagnate and crumble. There are too many administrators for a start, the real power should be given to the likes of matrons. Cut the administrators and the NHS would save millions!

Ian

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    There are too many administrators for a start,

Well, I work in the admin section, but I do agree with you there.

Cut the administrators and the NHS would save millions!

Don't cut them too much, I need the job!

Actually, I hope to be teaching soon, and there's a good chance I will be, but for now I am stuck with hospital admin. It's not too bad a job, and the NHS are decent employers.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi again, Linda,

I'm referring to senior admin. Useless (on the whole!).

Ian

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I'm referring to senior admin. Useless (on the whole!).

I agree with you there Ian. We are quite efficient in our section (honest, we are), but the higher management are overstaffed and underworked, at least thats the way my colleagues and I see it. I like the people I work with, but if I do get a job teaching I will definitely take it.

btw, how's your daughter doing with her English studies?

Linda

• Dansk
    Dansk
    btw, how's your daughter doing with her English studies?

Brilliant, thanks! And, btw, yesterday she celebrated her 23rd birthday - her first birthday ever!! She's now well and truly free of the borg. A number of friends came round to celebrate with her at our house and there's a big 2 and a big3 floating around the conservatory!

OK, Linda, I believe we've just hijacked this thread!

Ian

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    yesterday she celebrated her 23rd birthday - her first birthday ever!! She's now well and truly free of the borg

Ian. that's absolutely brilliant news!! I celebrated my first birthday since my 21st last April, and I will be celebrating this year as well, although it's Trevs before that, in a few weeks time. I think it's an important step, to do things like that, so wish her belated happy birthday from me and Trev.

I guess we have sort of hijacked this thread a bit lol, but on topic, I hear the weather is going to turn to snow this week, I just hate driving in snow. I will be partaking of a great British tradition, and complaining about it.

Linda

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit