Zany Questions from Board Members to Wacky Terry

by Terry 268 Replies latest jw friends

• Quentin
    Quentin

His name was Harry. He was a real wacko.

Hehehe...oh yeah..

• Terry
    Terry
    Hehehe...oh yeah..

Quentin knows Harry all too well and could tell you stories that would curl your toes!

• Quentin
    Quentin
    Quentin knows Harry all too well and could tell you stories that would curl your toes!

Yup....never a dull moment around the boy...never...

If you were doing door to door work, whom would you choose to go with you: Russell, Rutherford, Knorr or Freddy Franz...Why?

• Terry
    Terry

If you were doing door to door work, whom would you choose to go with you: Russell, Rutherford, Knorr or Freddy Franz...Why?

The man whom I respect would be Knorr. He is probably not the most interesting fellow, however.

I'd like a closeup measure of the man Russell. The other two can go pound sand.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Why do hot dog packages have more hot dogs than bun packages?

Why are remote controls so complicated?

• Quentin
    Quentin
    ......would be Knorr.

Surprised me on that one...

Wonder why most of us view Russell with more interest than the others, even to the point of a few folks having a grudingly reverent respect for the man? I think an HBO docu-drama/miniseries would pull a large audience.

• Terry
    Terry

Why do hot dog packages have more hot dogs than bun packages?

Why are remote controls so complicated?

1. Bun manufacturers would rather you buy two than one! It is like the "instructions" on shampoo bottles to "rinse and repeat". Yeah, sure. It might as well say: "Use twice as much of this as necessary."

2.The remote controls aren't complicted; the instructions are poorly written.

• Terry
    Terry

Time to get out the paddles and electroshock this topic back to life again!

WHO HAS A QUESTION FOR TERRY?

Any subject, sane or insane..............give me your best shot!

• Quentin
    Quentin

Was movie popcorn better when we were kids?...I remember it was ten cents a bag...

• Terry
    Terry
    Was movie popcorn better when we were kids?...I remember it was ten cents a bag...

The actual machine that popped the popcorn was there IN the theatre when we were kids. That meant it was fresh-popped. Also, the butter was real butter.

Today, the theatres ship in pre-popped corn in giant plastic bags. How old this popcorn is--is anybody's guess. The butter is probably about as real as the actresses' chest muscles.

The cost of popcorn/drinks/hotdog today reflects the fact that local multi-plexes profit margin comes from snacks rather than ticket prices. (Yes, even though tickets have skyrocketed.) The theatres have to bid on films to get them and those costs are out of sight.

My son and I went to see Iron Man a couple of weeks ago. The tickets and snacks came out at $30. You could have taken a school bus full of Chinese missionaries to the movies and bought them all lunch (back in the day) for less than $30!!

When I was a teenager I could see a first run film for a buck twenty five. They had a curtain, an organist and cartoons.

Some films were reserved seats! Sigh.

There were actually USHERS who made sure people stayed quiet.

Today, kids with cellphones distract from the enjoyment. They hold loud conversations and even play video games out loud while the movie is on. Why do they bother to go to the theater in the first place?

Don't get me started!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit