Zany Questions from Board Members to Wacky Terry

by Terry 268 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry
    Did Adam and Eve have a belly button?

Eve didn't, but, Adam went to the Navel academy.

• Terry
    Terry
    What does digderidoo do with all that dairy doo he digs?

Personally, I don't dig any doo. And, for that matter, I don't keep a daily dairy.

You dig?

• Terry
    Terry
    How do you prepare your Tofu?

First, you wash your feet.....

• Terry
    Terry
    The laws of thermodynamics, The laws of stable matter. Baryonic matter (e.g. based on protons and neutrons) tends to clump into three large groupings: planets, stars and galaxies. (This is a well-defined by product of stellar and galactic evolution, thermonuclear fusion, etc.) The laws of planetary evolution. Any advanced civilization must grow in energy consumption faster than the frequency of life-threatening catastrophes (e.g. meteor impacts, ice ages, supernovas, etc.). If they grow any slower, they are doomed to extinction Do you think there is any chance that these forces or laws, for lack of a better term, were put in place by an undefineable or yet to be revealed intelligence? Also.. Would a what a civilization a millions years ahead of ours will look like?

Awww, that old question!

An undefineable anything can't actually exist. Why? To be, means to be something. Something rather than anything or nothing. Which means that which is--is definable by what it is and what it isn't. (Foreground, background)

Intelligence cannot be hidden or it isn't intelligence.

A civilization millions of years ahead of ours won't have tatoos or rap music:)

• Terry
    Terry
    If someone gives you billions of dollars after you "return to Jehovah", would you go to the Kingdom Hall regularly and get reinstated?

I'd place the billions in an interest bearing account for one year while attending the Kingdom Hall. Then, I'd give back the exact amount bestowed upon me and live off the interest! (And let the Kingdom Hall door hit me in the ass when I left once and for all time.)

• Terry
    Terry

If out of nothing nothing comes then In the nanosecond prior to the big bang What could have csused the spark from which emerged the universe and do you think this could have spontaneously happened without someone to light the match as it were

The "out of nothing" was a rather lame idea peddled by, I think, Augustine. (It may have been Aquinas...)

There was always postulated a "something" out of which all things were made. The early Greeks use to speculate on what that primary "stuff" might be. I believe it was Democritus who said it was "atomos" (That which is so small it cannot be divided.)

Now, having said all that....

Which is more likely?

1.Unintelligent matter or energy ignites due to some instability and the conversion of one to the other starts a chain of cause and effect that leads to us?

or

2.An already existing Super Being wanted human worshippers, so, He ignited nothing and spent billions of years watching dinosaurs eat each other until getting around to people (who blew it.) and then came up with a plan which consisted of allowing men, women, children, babies to die, die, die for thousands of years until a small group of crackpot religious people (with a Pyramid chart) came along who could spread the message that God was going to fix it--if they came to the local Kingdom Hall?

Your choice.

• Quentin
    Quentin

No...no...no...Adam had a zipper in his side.....

• Terry
    Terry
    No...no...no...Adam had a zipper in his side.....

Eve could really take a ribbing, I hear......

It proved to be a bone of contention......

The two of them just couldn't stay on the straight and marrow.....

Okay. I'm done.

• fifi40
    fifi40

How do you know your done are you sides kinda crispy and brown?

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers.
    A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked.
    If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers,
    How many pickled peppers did Peter Piper pick? Paul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit