Zany Questions from Board Members to Wacky Terry

by Terry 268 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry
    Was movie popcorn better when we were kids?...I remember it was ten cents a bag...

The actual machine that popped the popcorn was there IN the theatre when we were kids. That meant it was fresh-popped. Also, the butter was real butter.

Today, the theatres ship in pre-popped corn in giant plastic bags. How old this popcorn is--is anybody's guess. The butter is probably about as real as the actresses' chest muscles.

The cost of popcorn/drinks/hotdog today reflects the fact that local multi-plexes profit margin comes from snacks rather than ticket prices. (Yes, even though tickets have skyrocketed.) The theatres have to bid on films to get them and those costs are out of sight.

My son and I went to see Iron Man a couple of weeks ago. The tickets and snacks came out at $30. You could have taken a school bus full of Chinese missionaries to the movies and bought them all lunch (back in the day) for less than $30!!

When I was a teenager I could see a first run film for a buck twenty five. They had a curtain, an organist and cartoons.

Some films were reserved seats! Sigh.

There were actually USHERS who made sure people stayed quiet.

Today, kids with cellphones distract from the enjoyment. They hold loud conversations and even play video games out loud while the movie is on. Why do they bother to go to the theater in the first place?

Don't get me started!!!

• Terry
    Terry
    1--Do you think you are smarter than us? 2--Don't you know that anything that has anything to do with questions has to go thru me first? 3--Why do you think you could refer to yourself as "wacky" when you clearly are not? 4--Are these questions truly "zany"? 5--Did you know that I read more of your threads than ever before because they are shorter? 6--Do you realize that I've enjoyed your perspectives and the fact that you're here???

1.Some of "us" only.

2.Didn't you get my telegram?

3."Wacky" is a term of endearment and abiding respect.

4.Some are zany, some are wack, some are unintelligible-----and then--there are YOURs.

5.Shorter than what?

6.Now, don't start lying to me and getting my hopes up!

• ataloa
    ataloa

Why can't anyone pronounce that first r in ornery, even if they're not from the south?

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Did Adam and Eve have a belly button?

Paul

• ataloa
    ataloa

What does digderidoo do with all that dairy doo he digs?

• beksbks
    beksbks

How do you prepare your Tofu?

• chrisjoel
    chrisjoel

The laws of thermodynamics, The laws of stable matter. Baryonic matter (e.g. based on protons and neutrons) tends to clump into three large groupings: planets, stars and galaxies. (This is a well-defined by product of stellar and galactic evolution, thermonuclear fusion, etc.) The laws of planetary evolution. Any advanced civilization must grow in energy consumption faster than the frequency of life-threatening catastrophes (e.g. meteor impacts, ice ages, supernovas, etc.). If they grow any slower, they are doomed to extinction Do you think there is any chance that these forces or laws, for lack of a better term, were put in place by an undefineable or yet to be revealed intelligence? Also.. Would a what a civilization a millions years ahead of ours will look like?

• asilentone
    asilentone

If someone gives you billions of dollars after you "return to Jehovah", would you go to the Kingdom Hall regularly and get reinstated?

• chrisjoel
    chrisjoel

If out of nothing nothing comes then In the nanosecond prior to the big bang What could have csused the spark from which emerged the universe and do you think this could have spontaneously happened without someone to light the match as it were

• Terry
    Terry
    Why can't anyone pronounce that first r in ornery, even if they're not from the south?

Too hornery, I guess.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit