Society's claim of Matt. 24:14 being fulfilled - What it could really mean

by Jourles 93 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

On another note, maybe us "apostates" are on to something. The preaching work is over. We all stopped preaching quite a while ago. Are we ahead of the celestial chariot? Or maybe we are the FDS! Oh my, what a privilege.

tsof

• minimus
    minimus

In the last 6 mths. I've heard from my mother that there's a great emphasis being put on the "fact" that we are REALLY, THIS TIME, on the brink of the Great Tribulation. My aunt told her of the talks that are being given by different prominent ones from the Society saying "this is it!". They ARE trying to create a frenzy over the "fact" that the GB "know and feel" this is the Big One.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Oh and one more thought. The "very next prophecy" as this guy says is not in Revelation. He should have stayed in Matthew. Mt. 24:14 says the "end will come." Not that religion will be destroyed. These guys can never stop piecemealing the Bible can they?

tsof

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

I dont know, but I have to laugh when I sit here imagining all the "oooohhh's" and "awww's" and gasps after this guy said what he did. I bet everyones panties were in a bunch after that!!!!

• Jourles
    Jourles

I don't know. We have, so far, two different speakers(recorded) which have said the exact same words - the preaching work has been fulfilled. I find it hard to believe this was a coincidence. And also knowing that all talks are now manuscripts, makes the coincidence theory deflate like a popped balloon. Both speakers were speaking on behalf of the GB. If they made those statements on their own, that would take balls of solid granite. I just cannot see them risking their position in the org for making such an outlandish claim. It would be similar to me saying, "My company's CEO feels that we no longer need to be in the wireless phone business. He thinks there is just too much competition in the industry today." I would be severely disciplined and possibly terminated if I were to make such a statement to the public, say on TV or the radio. But if my CEO wished for me to make such an announcement, then there would be no repercussions. This is how I basically see this whole situation.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Jourles,

I completely agree with you. Either these two will NEVER give CA/SAD/DC talks again, or they were directed by the higher ups to make those statements. I honestly can't believe they are doing this again. You would have thought the 1975 lesson would have been learned. Should be interesting to see how this plays out. In my opinion, it will only accelerate the downward spiral.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Not to run off crazy with scant evidence,
    JWD posters are former JW's and you know we/they do that. BUT

its 1975 all over again

That wouldn't surprise me. Stirring up everybody would allow them
    to keep all the dubs busy and focusing- while the money rolls in.
    By the time it backfires, the old GB and lawyers will have sold
    all the Brooklyn land and snuck off to somewhere else.

• anewme
    anewme

My ex emailed me recently saying I should return to the meetings "before it is too late".

I replied that I would if he or some member of the family would accompany me, like I have seen other DFd people accompanied by their families. I added that this would give me the courage and strength to sit there while being shunned.

He said that would not be appropriate.

Swell.

The truth is there is no real love there. They enjoy warning you are going to die. Very Jonah-like.

They are nuts.

• minimus
    minimus

Jourles, you say there are 2 recordings??? Where is the other one????? ---------- Also I believe the GB is telling these guys to express such comments but they are insulating themselves from criticism because when nothing happens they can just say that some over zealous brothers spouted off in "their" enthusiasm.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    He said that would not be appropriate.

Wow, anewme

He's casting you to everlasting destruction over whether something
    looks appropriate. Kinda similar to asking why the WTS doesn't just
    spend all the money they can get their hands on to Blitz the world
    in one last advertising campaign to announce the last call before it's
    too late. Asking such a question would be inappropriate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit