Society's claim of Matt. 24:14 being fulfilled - What it could really mean

by Jourles 93 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kid-A
    kid-A

I am contemplating what the real implications would be if this really was forthcoming edict from the GB:

1) The R+F would be thrilled about having the onerous task of door-to-door removed. However, what about pioneers? Gilead Missionaries? etc? These people would be completely screwed and literally have NOTHING left to do with their lives without their magazine peddling "careers". Imagine the fall-out from these people. These are for the most part, uneducated, unskilled boobs who would have no recourse beyond burger flipping should the "preaching" work cease.

2) The long term result , inevitably, is the complete bleed out of membership, as the older ones die, no new recruits being brought in, and most JW kids not staying in beyond the teen years.

3) They would effectively be giving themselves a very dangerous "time-limit" by "testing" jehoobie in this manner. People die and new people are born. Whats the max age before a child reaches the ability to intellectually absorb the watchtower "message"? 12-14? All of these "new" people would effectively never have a chance to hear about the borg, which is a complete contradiction of their claim that Matt 24 has been fulfilled.

4) After setting up this open-ended "time limit" for armageddon, each passing year would lead to greater and greater resentment among the R+F, this resentment is now even amplified because the GB had gone so far as to boldly claim they had fulfilled all these prophecies....NOW its all Jehoobies fault......

• blondie
    blondie

Although the title is this thread says "being" fulfilled, I think the speaker said "is" or "has been" fulfilled.

The WTS has said that Mt 24:14 is "being fulfilled" for years.

• wiegel
    wiegel

The way I see it, there are two groups of witnesses who will get excited:
    1. the ones who weren't around when this happened in 1975
    2. the ones who were and who have nothing left to live on

oh wait, also those who just love to stir the pot of self-righteousness.
    I hope that some, including my family members, will finally "wake up" and get out. The recent WT article on wifely submission was so outdated and ridiculous in EVERY way that it makes one wonder - wtf is up with them anyway?

Trudy

• M.J.
    M.J.

Haven't had a chance to read all the posts here.

Just wanted to respond to this:

If Matt 24:14 is satisfied, why do "service"?

Originally "service" wasn't for fulfilling Matt 24:14. It was to "vindicate Jehovah's name". So whether a convert was won or not, this objective was accomplished by the act of preaching itself.

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

There has to be something scare the masses to attend meetings. The entire movement in low income areas is "The end is close, serve Jah, don't get a career". In wealthier congs. it is a giant social scene. Many parties and gatherings. Not much awareness until the CO visit or memorial. No one is pioneering.

They are introducing this change in talks and gauging the response. If favorable, they will place it in writing. At that point, there will be no turning back. The objective is too get a new "Flavor of the Month" to last for the next 5 years. New light does this everytime, stir up the faithful.

After visiting Bethel, I can see it is a giant-multi-billion dollar business. They will do what ever it takes to keep the wizard behind the cloak. With more new light, more will see the real light. In anticipation of the generation change, many were waiting to see how long these 10 year olds from 1914 would live. After the change, it became obvious that this doctrine was FALSE. Still no accountability. You can't preach something for 30 years , then change it completely and have no other mentions of it. I could not believe that no one else noticed but me. That was the LIGHT for me.

• Quandry
    Quandry

I do not believe there is ANY way they are going to do away with field service. Can you imagine?

Saturday morning.

Mom: Wow, I thought I'd miss going out from door to door, but having time for a nice family breakfast was great instead.

Dad: Yes, and you know, since we don't have to go in service, and spend all that money on gas and wear and tear on the car, maybe we could do a few things together as a family.

Teenage son: Mom and Dad, could I get on the sports team now since it won't interfere with service?

Teen daughter: Mom and Dad, maybe I could go to the local college for a class on Saturday morning now that it won't be taking time from service?

Mom: And now I won't be so stressed because of the pressure to pioneer through the week. I can actually enjoy cooking and have time to clean.

Whole family: Maybe we can develop hobbies and do things we'd like to do!!!

No, I don't ever see it happening.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i got hung up on today because of this.. a family member called and said they got the talk in an email...

and said it was fulfilled..and i said ..ya know your really not supposed to go by information on the internet and wait on jehovah to have it printed in the watchtower......but on topic i remember back when we studied the revelation book that it was said all was fulfilled and all we're waiting on is the gov'ts turning on religion.....

she hung up on me without another word LOL..what'd i say wrong?

• skyking
    skyking

I just posted a thread about this I did not know Jourles he had a thread running about it here is what I received when I opened my email today.

received an email dated 01-11-007 from a brother at Bethel here it is.

######### I heard this first hand, this morning that the faithful and Discreet Slave said that Matthew 24: 14 has been fulfilled. It was announced at the Special Day Assembly at Houston TX. and San Diego. There are only three countries that does not have Witnesses living in them North Korea, Somalia, Afghanistan and these three countries bears the weight for the people that live there. #############..........You better have your affairs in order we are locked into judgement!!!!*************#########

This brother is a friend of mine and he says he heard this yesterday I assume at a morning meeting at a Bethel. He heard the talk think about this he said yesterday morning. If it was BS the BORG would never of announced this to the Bethel workers.

• Jourles
    Jourles
    However, what about pioneers? Gilead Missionaries? etc? These people would be completely screwed and literally have NOTHING left to do with their lives without their magazine peddling "careers". Imagine the fall-out from these people.

I believe we [the board] said the same thing about those who were let go from bethel. So far, no fallout yet. Just enthusiasm over being able to be redeployed to help in the field.

• under_believer
    under_believer

Listen to me.

The preaching work will never, ever, ever, ever be ended. The Witnesses ARE the preaching work. The preaching work IS the Witnesses. Several other people have already said this, and it's absolutely true:

A high control group, such as the Witnesses, cannot survive without control. Without the high control, the Witnesses will evaporate into the night, quietly, like air from a balloon that was untied.

90% of the Society's control over the R&F is the preaching work. All the guilt, all the fear, all the accountability, all the infrastructure of the Society is geared towards the preaching work. 3/5ths of the meetings and half the content of the assemblies is about the preaching work. 95% of what they print is to support the preaching work.

If door to door were turned off, the Witnesses would have
    * no reason to go to the Theocratic Ministry School and Service Meeting
    * no reason to own that fifth suit
    * about 99% less visibility to bethel
    * no reason to become a publisher
    * a lot more personal wealth
    * way more time to think about why this religion sucks so bad
    * way more time to argue with each other
    * no reason to have a four-door car
    * no reason to have sensible shoes
    * no reason for Bethel to exist at all
    * about half as many castes--they'd lose pioneers, special pioneers, auxiliary pioneers, publishers, etc.
    * nothing to feel fearful about
    * nothing to feel guilty about
    * nothing to talk about
    * nothing to do

The preaching work will never be ended for as long as the Witnesses exist as an entity.

Ever.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit