Society's claim of Matt. 24:14 being fulfilled - What it could really mean

by Jourles 93 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

I won't believe it is official that Matthew 24:14 is fulfilled until I read it in print in a WT publication. Ciro Auclino gave a talk where he suggested that the Muslim nations were the king of the north. That was in 2001 and I still haven't seen anything in print in a WTS publication.

Blondie

• sexyk
    sexyk

Yeah ill believe it when i see it printed out in a watchtower or awake, until that time, it's just a bunch of bullshit talk

• underaglassmoon
    underaglassmoon

A little help here, What is the Matt 24:14 prophecy ? What does the scripture say "more or less" and what has the WTS said was evidence of its full -fill - ment? Its not that we will have cleaner burning cars by 2015 right?

underaglassmoon ~

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Just more watchwanker hotair, if you ask me. They will probably deny it in a few months.

• searching4truth
    searching4truth

they could really cut back on exspenses if they would {gasp} only use the bible.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

I wouldn't believe it till it is in print as well. But it wouldn't be surprising. As numbers drop it would make a very plausible understanding in the Witness mind. And as 2014 approaches they will have to do something to make their affairs fit in with reality.

tsof

• proplog2
    proplog2

Are you saying it would become T T S The Tract Society?

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

Jourles,

It means absolutely nothing really, except to whip-up emotions among those that push the literature, including books, magazines, and DVD’s! Of course, those in the media-corporation are laughing all the way to the bank! They may be in red ink now, but wait until they sell all the condos they built in Brooklyn Heights, along the Hudson River! I’m sure the Awake! Magazine will be merged with WT at some point. It’s only a matter of time.

Regards,

Cyber!

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

But in the long term, how many "special messages" can one deliver to the masses before the messages aren't that special anymore?

Well, how many times and how long can "the end" be "really soon" ?

It seems that some things don't register in some minds, and are indefinitely reusable.

• Arthur
    Arthur
    Ciro Auclino gave a talk where he suggested that the Muslim nations were the king of the north. That was in 2001 and I still haven't seen anything in print in a WTS publication.

Yeah blondie,

I have been giving the whole King of the North doctrine a lot of thought for this very reason. It appears that there simply is no KOTN at present. According the the WTS, the KOTN is an atheistic power which prominetly factors in with the end of the system of things. There simply is no nation that can be given this designation right now. This certainly seems to pose a problem for Watchtower end-times prophecies. Apparently, the rank and file are so whipped up by the current speculation, that they haven't given this much thought.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit