MAT 24:14 HAS BEEN FULLFILLED MP3 FROM BETHEL HEAVY

by What-A-Coincidence 155 Replies latest jw friends

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I'll bet that little speech doesn't make it into a Watchtower or Awake! magazines. That way they have "plausible deniability" and can say later -- when it doesn't come true yet again -- that the people who said it were jumping ahead of Jehovah.

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt.

I am totally amazed that I spent 46 years believing this nonsense.

Nina

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

This little blurb from this speaker is all over the net amongst JW's. I have never gotten so many emails on anything such as this.

Interesting.

purps

• Alpheta
    Alpheta

Okay, spank me for not reading through to the end of the thread, these same thoughts may have already been posted. First the speaker says that the Governing Body, who has taken on the entire role of the Faithful and Discreet Slave (is this new light? What happened to the other 8,000 plus annointed still out there?) - says that Matthew 24.14 has been fulfilled. Then a few sentences later the speaker says Matthew 24.14 is being fulfilled. Well, the scripture can't have been fulfilled if it's still in the process of being fulfilled. It's one or the other. Duh! Of course, the Governing Body thinks everyone except them is a f'ing idiot, so maybe that was intentional, just their way of laughing up their butts at the rank and file who suck it all in, no matter what kind of garbage it is.

The bottom line is, the GB isn't going to tell the JWs that the preaching work has been completed. Not if they are in their right minds. No way, no how. That is the way the WTBTS makes it's money - by getting the rank and file to cough up money every month for the WTBTS's useless magazines (certainly not from "sales" of the magazines to the general public). If the preaching work is finished, there would be no more need for the rank and file to buy magazines every month because there would be no need for the rank and file to be out there trying to get rid of those magazines.

If the preaching work was finished, where would the $$$ come from to keep supporting the GB and all of the remaining ones at Bethel and the select ones at the Branch Offices around the world? From nowhere, unless Jehovah decides to rain down $$$ from heaven. So, this speaker obviously misspoke the first time around when he said Matthew 24.14 has been fulfilled, and was covering his tracks in the subsequent course of the talk when he said it was in the course of being filfilled (nothing new there).

But imagine for a moment that you in the audience at the annual meeting (or whenever this talk was given), hearing this. Oh thrill! You are one of the privileged few to hear an "off script" talk from a high-up mucky-muck. Therefore, this MUST be the real scoop. Can you keep the secret to yourself? Well, of course not. You're going to go home and tell mom and Maude and Mabel and Fred, and the clerk at the grocery store too. Hmmmm, I can't help but feel this is going to come back and bite the WTBTS right in the financial butt, where it hurts the most. WHAT A STUPID THING TO DO - TO LET THIS MAN GIVE THIS KIND OF TALK. Once the rank and file get wind of the fact that the GB thinks that Matthew 24.14 has already been fulfilled, what do you think will happen? They are not ALL idiots - we were all there once, and we are not idiots. What will be the motivation for the rank and file to continue banging on doors every weekend if the preaching work has already been accomplished? If the Big A is right around the corner, what's the point of preaching anymore? In another recent thread here, I understand that in another one of these talks the speaker indicated that you should get your affairs in order. Yeah, right, what affairs? Get your life insurance paid up? Make our your wills and health care powers of attorney? But for the faithful, what need would they have to do anything to "get their affairs in order" - won't the Big J take care of all of them once the Big A is over and done?

Thanks to L. and to S. for posting their transcripts. There must be some really stupid people running things these days at the WTBTS - watch for the highly paid law firms to start bailing out (not that such things are ever made public, but there are always signs). And welcome to mac n cheese.

• TheListener
    TheListener

I know this is exciting an all but...

Wasn't Matthew 24:14 fulfilled in the 90s?

There must be a thread that has the WT quote saying this scripture was fulfilled.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

they can say the sky is red. It doesn't matter what they "say". It never matters what is said at conventions. JWs go by the watchtower alone, if it's not put into the watchtower, and this will not be, because you remember, he "put down his notes", and really anything said at a convention by a bethel heavy is suspect, it's useless. even if it is put in a watchtower, it can be undone. I mean, in 5, 10, 15, 20 years from now, JWs won't even remember this, they will have been told something like it 50 times and every time they hear it will be like the first time they ever heard it. When will it sink in these are all lies? Ever?

• outoftheorg?
    outoftheorg?

This man knows exactly how to use his voice " as he speaks to members of a cult ".

Just enough of a pause as he lowers to an almost whisper which requires more, of ones attention to really hear his message.

Designed to cause a slight feeling of fear and "thoughtless acceptance" as they rush home to tell to everyone.

This feels like it did in 1975 where this kind of a presentation was recorded by many jw's and taken to many of the Kinkdumb halls and re played for the the frightened members, causing many to leave their Jobs, move to other locations, lose their homes.

All for nothing but to further the needs of the cult and brace up the cult at the cost of their believers.

They are truly bastards.

Outoftheorg

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

outoftheorg? ... welcome! your name seems famliar. anyway welcome!

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

double post

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

thelistener:

I posted this in another thread. Yes, that statement was made years ago. The way I always heard it spun was that the prophecy was fulfilled, but the EXTENT of fulfillment remained to be seen. More WT patchwork after their "generation" theory fell apart. Here is the excerpt from wtlib:

*** w95 9/1 p. 17 par. 17 Christian Witnesses for Divine Sovereignty ***

17 Still, that first-century preaching work was merely a foretaste of what would be accomplished during the last days. Looking forward especially to our time, Jesus said: “This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.” (Matthew 24:14; Mark 13:10) Has this prophecy been fulfilled? Indeed, it has. From a small start in 1919, the preaching of the good news has now been extended to more than 230 countries. The witness is heard in the frozen North and in the steaming tropics. Large continents are covered, and remote islands are sought out so that their inhabitants can receive a witness. Even in the midst of great upheaval, such as the war in Bosnia and Herzegovina, the good news continues to be preached. As in the first century, the witness is bearing fruit “in all the world.” The good news is openly announced “in all creation that is under heaven.” The result? First, the remaining ones of the Israel of God have been gathered “out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation.” Second, the millions of the “great crowd” began to be brought in from “all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues.” (Revelation 5:9; 7:9) Matthew 24:14 continues to be fulfilled in a large way.

tsof

• outoftheorg?
    outoftheorg?

Hi W,A,C

Yeah it is the same old me. After the last shut down of jwd's server I couldn't get back on.

I got the Email and followed the instructions to no avail.

Then all of a sudden It took, but with a question mark on the end???????

I wish there was a way I could get back on my original installation but ??

Any suggestions?

Outoftheorg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit