MAT 24:14 HAS BEEN FULLFILLED MP3 FROM BETHEL HEAVY

by What-A-Coincidence 155 Replies latest jw friends

• frozen one
    frozen one

When the speaker began this statement he should have said, "I'm going to put down the script I've been reading from and start reading from another script." There is no way what I heard was a spontaneous sidebar. The speaker did make one slip-up (saying 3 countries and later 2), but other than that it was as polished as anything I remember from a convention. The whole thing was written, re-written, honed, and focus grouped (I wonder if the society uses focus groups?) beforehand.

I noticed that the script used a weak qualifier near the beginning. The script read, "I would like for you to know how the Governing Body, the Faithful Slave, feels about things right now in this system of things." The verb "feels" in this context is pathetically weak. Why didn't the script say KNOWS or BELIEVES or IS CERTAIN? Using the verb "feels" is ambiguous and leaves an convienent escape for future deniability...which will be needed.

I can't recall who wrote it (sorry), but the point about God sending Jesus into harms way was excellent. Then again JW's aren't that big on Christ in the first place.

• kid-A
    kid-A

It is with eager expectation and joy in our hearts we now again focus on the preaching work, the important task that will eventually be completed, and culminate in the end of this system of things." ...

Well there you have it. Edicts published in the CrapTower will always trump any fatwa issued by a lone speaker, "putting down his notes...". The WTS may be religious kooks, but they are pretty savvy "corporation men" who would never shoot themselves by giving the R+F licence to stop preaching. This is a multi-million dollar publishing corporation masquerading as a religion.....how does a corporation survive?: "Advertise...Advertise....Advertise!!!".....The ministry will never be completed, as this article clearly implies.

• sf
    sf
    All they have to do is print current pubs for the members, knowing full well that "pigs" (those in the world) are not deserving of "pearls" (WTS pubs). The focus has shifted from outside to inside, and if they do it the right way they can save money and keep this going for a long time.

Bada bing, bada BOOM!

sKally

• codeblue
    codeblue

bttt

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Elsewhere, Kid-A and everyone else, glad you liked my article... And the distinction between "fulfilled" and "completed" is important indeed. If you look in any dictionary, you will see that the two words means exactly the same, but that`s not necessarily true in Watchtower-land, and I`m sure they will also devote a couple of paragraphs to this issue...the "distinction" between "fulfilled" and "completed". Maybe I should start writing for the Craptower...

• Gordy
    Gordy

What got me was the manner in which he spoke. It seemed so rehearsed he tried to make it sound as if it was something secret he was telling.
    To me it seems designed to frighten those who are still JW's not to think about leaving.

The brother specifically said (and repeated, for emphasis) that the Faithful and Discreet Slave has decided that they have FULFILLED the scripture at Matthew 24:14!

So its not Jesus who has decided HIS work has been completed, but a group of men in Brooklyn have.

That only 3 countries N.Korea, Somalia, Afghanistan don't don't have any JW's preaching there. Because Jehovah doesn't send then were they may be in danger. What! It wasn't that long ago they were boasting that they preached no matter what the danger. But its OK there may be no JW's in these countries but they have some literature

He seems to ignore the fact that there are Christians in these countries. According to the Korea Christian Gospel Mission, its estimated that there are in North Korea 10,000 Christian and 50 preachers.

Also he puts across the idea that once the "great tribulation" starts where you are at that moment will decide if you will get through. In other words if you haven't done enough for the WT organisation, or are wavering by then. you won't get through.

It will be interesting to see how far this goes in the coming year. The above was a talk given in Houston, Texas, USA circa 6/7th Jan 2007.

Will it be repeated here in Britain, is it already doing the rounds because of the internet.
    Knowing the JW rumour mill, they will have it that Armageddon will happen by the end of the year.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

bttt

REMINDER: As Bethelites when we ever heard something that wasn't exactly right, even from a member of the GB, we would not bet our lives on it. Anything and everything would be official once it was PRINTED IN A WT or KM.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Yeah, this talk is making the Dub Rumor Mill rounds. A friend's mom was talking about this talk on the way home from meeting. They were all spooked about what it could mean. I told them to not get all worked up about it until the statement was seen in print.

Plus, they were all excited about the Doomsday Clock moving up closer to midnight.

• LennyinBluemont
    LennyinBluemont

I have listened to this clip several times. The hypnotic tone and manner of his speaking, with the long, sanctimonious pauses, is so characteristic of many JW speakers. I could so easily hear him saying, instead,

"I'm going to (pause) put down my notes now. And I want to (pause) speak with you directly. I want you to all begin clucking like chickens when I snap my fingers."

I am sure his comments accurately reflect comments he has heard, first hand, from GB members. And he couldn't resist the urge to dramatically increase (in the minds of his audience, at least) his sense of importance, by sharing this "crumb" from the table of the GB. No doubt, many were reflecting on their way home, what a privilege it was to have been present for such a momentous talk. And what if they had missed it?

I agree with others that he was following instructions from the GB to launch this test balloon, and since it's not in print, the Society can easily deny any such position taken by the speaker. We're back to the tired JW defense, "Show me where we said that in the Watchtower! Show me where we predicted 1975 in the Watchtower."

Interesting times.

• done4good
    done4good

All I had to do was read Scully's post. What double talk nonsense from this guy. I don't think I could bear to listen to it.

j

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit