UPDATE!: THEY ALL ADMITTED EGGING US -Elders now know, heads are rolling!!

by Lady Liberty 184 Replies latest jw friends

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

As I was reading the posts-especially the "be the bigger person posts" I wondered how many former JWs have experienced such things and chose to be "the bigger person"? How much do we let them get away with in the name of not being mean or evil apostates or whatever? We all say that post JW life is all about "living well is the best revenge."

Charging a person who has committed a criminal act against you with a crime and following through is THEIR issue (NOT REVENGE), because they are the one that took the original action. Unless ex JWs start taking retaliatory action (rather than going to proper authorities) or start instigating trouble-we are NOT doing anything that we should be ashamed of-whatever our status.

If any other people that we knew of, adults, came to our property and damaged it, and our car-would we think we were mean to hold them responsible? We MUST hold them responsible! What are they going to do to the next person who leaves? What might their kids then think its 'ok' to do to YOUR kids? It has to stop now, and very publically. Many here have experienced troubles such as this to a greater or lesser extent.Some could be proven, some not. Well this one can. And if it blackens the rep of the org. along with those men, fine. One thing though-the WT will be brought into it, but they have never in print or talks condoned such specific actions and will not be held to account directly. Showing that link is going to need to be brought out in newspaper and human interest articles. I wish you well.

• seven006
    seven006

LL, Be smart. Look at this whole situation as an open door to do what you really want to do. I have read a lot of your posts from day one when you explained how you came to your decision to leave the JW religion based on your discovery of the 607, 1914 issue…………………………………………………………………………………… Now, use that…………………………………………………………………………. You have gotten a lot of suggestions in this tread. Some of them are made from (understandable) anger. Be smart and make a decision based on intelligence and calm resolve. I think this is a great opportunity to turn your stressful situation of leaving the JW’s to your advantage……………………………………………………………………. It is obvious this is as much of a hate crime as the fundamentalist Muslims who tried to park their borrowed jet plane on the side of a New York sky scraper or some moron who hates Jews taking a loaded assault rifle to show and tell day at a Jewish community center kindergarten class. Abuse of religion breeds hate, it’s their job. I love that term, “hate crime” given the JW thinking that disfellowshipping is an act of love and in their minds they would consider this a “love crime”)………………………………………………………..I’m not much for giving advice anymore but I couldn’t pass this one up. So here‘s mine…………………………………………………………………………Think about giving your local ex-congregation an offer. Tell them you have not decided to take this situation to the authorities or the media under the category of a hate crime, YET…and you will not make that decision YET if they will agree to do something for you…………………………………. That agreement will be to have the opportunity to have you and your husband explain exactly why you left the religion to the whole group of people who were at the JW New Years Eve party. You can give it a time table and say this meeting must happen in no less that a week from your giving them this notice. Then you can give all the information you have posted on this board about 607, 1914 and alike……………………………………………………………If they do not agree to this then you will do as you please with whole story…………………………………………………………You’re a smart lady, THINK about all the possibilities from all perspectives. They’re endless……………………………………………………………….Have a happy new year……………………………Dave…………………………………………………………………………………………………….……..sorry for all the periods……this website doesn’t like Mac computers so we can’t make sentence breaks.

• Mary
    Mary
    So.. last night one who did this came by to apologise. Mind you we felt he was sincere, but knew he probably only came over because he was caught.

Ya.....kinda like the Mel Gibson and Kramer apologies, and about as sincere.

• Will Power
    Will Power

great thoughts seven - even better, address the whole congregation - just like they did in the bible!

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

They sound like sullen 14 year old kids.

Ef-Em up!

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

At the risk of sounding like another 'mee too' voice... press charges.

I liked the suggestion of a restraining order, too. That outta make things interesting... (no field service for you three on this street...)

I think that the one fella who actually came to the door to apologize - may have been sincere.

The others who just called by telephone - well... not sincere - and most likely had another 'witness' on the other line to listen to what you said (perhaps even the P.O.??)

Also - in reading your story - I do not see where any of these folks - including the 'innocent' neighbor (yeah, riiiiight) ever offered to pay for any damages. They feel that just apologizing is good enough.

Soooooooo... like has already been suggested... track down the neighbor who taped this incident (although I feel that was a bluff from a well-meaning neighbor), and get a copy (or the original) of that tape - if it exists. Even if there is no tape, you can get a legal-documented statement from him/them.

Go legal with this - perhaps even naming the local Kingdom Hall in the lawsuit - since the P.O. is also now involved and knows of what happened.

There outta be a few lawyers out there that would take this case.

Regards,

Jim TX

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

Sue? - NO, I don't think it would be worth the trouble. - - - Hate Crime? - YES. Prosecute the drunken adult perps celebrating NY Eve & make sure all relevant facts are presented in court about WTS. - - - At first I thought insisting you be allowed to speak to the congregation at the KH might be a good idea (in addition to prosecution). After further thought - they would probably announce to everyone to not come to the meeting that night - just like they told everyone to not watch Dateline the night they aired the pedofile story.

• simplesally
    simplesally

You could easily file charges of a hate crime, it would be up to the DA if he wanted to prosecute. You would not have to retain a lawyer unless you wanted to sue in civil court. Who cares if the guys have to retain attorneys or even if the WT comes to their defense. These idiots would not be able to be used in the congregation ...... REPROACH has been brought upon Jehovah's name and they are the cause of it.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

LL:

Just because they are of a specific religion does not exclude them from "hate crimes" jurisdiction. I am sure if you contacted teh DA for your specifc area, he would see that it was a "hate crimes" prosecution, which would be upped to felony levels. These bullies have to be stopped, if even at the local level.

Pressing charges against the individuals would show that people are not going to be putting up with the bullying tactics of a religious group. It's one thing to have your religion and follow it; it becomes a crime when because people don't believe what you do anymore, they will be subjected to vandalism.

I think you are perfectly fine in pressing charges against them. No one would put up with this in the "real world" nor should you.

Good luck.

CG

• simplesally
    simplesally

You could easily file charges of a hate crime, it would be up to the DA if he wanted to prosecute. You would not have to retain a lawyer unless you wanted to sue in civil court. Who cares if the guys have to retain attorneys or even if the WT comes to their defense. These idiots would not be able to be used in the congregation ...... REPROACH has been brought upon Jehovah's name and they are the cause of it. You could file charges of vandalism as well. And the restraining order is a good idea, too. It will keep these guys 100 yards away from you, your car and your house. Very funny if you run into them shopping: they have to leave!! And as good as Seven's thoughts are, you know they'd never let you talk to a group about your reasons for leaving. They'd allow themselves into court first.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit