UPDATE!: THEY ALL ADMITTED EGGING US -Elders now know, heads are rolling!!

by Lady Liberty 184 Replies latest jw friends

• Clam
    Clam
    What might be a better way to publicize this event is to go to the local newspaper.

I agree. Headliner . . .

'ANTI CHRISTMAS' JEHOVAHS WITNESSES VANDALISE FROSTY

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

Perhaps they were trying to start an electrical fire in Frosty so that he would infact burn on the lawn?

I'm guessing that there was alcohol involved, given this was New Years. If you decide to go public, that would perhaps be something to include in the headlines:

Drunken Jehovah's Witnesses Commit Hatred-Provoked Vandalism Spree Against Neighbour

However, if you are serious about helping them come out of the org, as was mentioned, you might want to rethink this tactic. This could be a chance for you to show true Christian grace, maybe have each offender over for a visit, and use the opportunity to show them some research...Just like in the story of Joseph and his brothers, what they meant for evil, God could turn around and use for good. (Don't remember if you are a Christian now. Just a thought.)

• Jourles
    Jourles

I really can't say more than what has already been said by everyone else on this thread. I would add that you do not "sue" them for anything. For such a petty offense, "suing" them would only serve to slightly blemish your reputation if it makes it into the media. At least, that is what I would think if I were some Joe Blow and someone sued their neighbors over such an act. "Great, more sue happy people over a 'teenage' prank." I would just let the police sort it out and have them pay their fine. Or better yet, see if they can do community service in lieu of paying a fine. But make damn sure that the local media gets wind of it! And if you're interviewed at all, be very concise about how you are an ex-jw and they were jw's.

It's not persecution once you break the law.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Your situation is only two-heartbeats from the same attitude that is present when KKK burns a cross in a black families' yard IMO.

Press Charges, and get a personal uppfront interview with the local press. Tell the story and make sure it makes a nasty taste in the mouth of the public. This is an OPPORTUNITY KNOCKING to show the local world about this cult and it's viscious ways.

Jeff

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Lady Lib, imagine if you were a JW and moved into the area, only to have your house egged. What would you do? You'd press charges. The same applies here. JW's live in a cocoon of responsibility and consequence. Their ultimate head of authority is the elders / governing body not the law. This is needs to be addressed.

Whatever you and your husband choose to do, this story's been a hoot. Thanks for sharing.

steve

• Nellie
    Nellie

I'm definitely in the "sue them" pool. HOWEVER, since I also agree that this is a hate crime and it's one that is perpetuated by the teachings of the organization, couldn't this be expanded to include the WBTS and show that it was done under their influence? Think BIG here - this could become a class action if other step forward.

• badboy
    badboy

WHY NOT WRITE THE GOVERNING BODY,ASKING THEM IF THEY CONDONE SUCH BEHAVIOUR,POINTING OUT,THAT IF THEY DON'T CONDEMN,ASKING THEM IF THEY DON'T,IF THEY WOULD LIKE TO BE SUED!

• JW_Researcher
    JW_Researcher

I'm not an attorney (although my mom is and my grandmother was a judge) and this is not legal advice....just one homeowner to another.

Consider this: If you now know everything about that evening and do nothing it could be argued (perhaps successfully) that you are tacitly OK with their visit. Now suppose one of the JWs, who might be uninsured, develops a back problem that supposedly occurred during his "visit" to your home?

It is a stretch but, might he sue you for his injury? If you think that is a stretch, think of the "attractive nuisance" laws. Think of robbers who are shot while committing the robbery who sue the person being robbed. There is an endless list of possibilities. Especially considering the animus that exists and the attempts to prevaricate

My only point is that you don't know what you don't know. Perhaps a report to the police without actually pressing charges would be a reasonable response.

Stranger things have happened. I would want to have an official record of what actually happened.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

If this was done to my house and I had evidence of it, I'd cause as much legal trouble for them as I could.

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

Someone wrote that because they had heartfeltedly apologised to let it go....

I just have to say that this is wrong and you will learn that if/when you have children. My sons do things that are wrong and they say they are sorry. This doesn't mean that they are exempt from punishment or restitution.

I would do everything in my power to get the video tape if it truly exists and I would start calling news stations. If your police or DA are unwilling to prosecute, call the ACLU.

If you were a jew with menorah or muslim and someone came and destroyed your ramadan display they would be prosecuted with hate crimes and everything else...this should be no different.

Best Regards,

Chrystal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit