UPDATE!: THEY ALL ADMITTED EGGING US -Elders now know, heads are rolling!!

by Lady Liberty 184 Replies latest jw friends

• HappyDad
    HappyDad
    .. I think we should press charges.

Yep........I think you should press charges too!

In essence, it really was a hate crime according to the new laws regarding criminal activity toward persons because of race, religion, etc. Why not get this to the public? Do you have a radio or TV investigative reporter in your area who thrives on this sort of thing? They would do a really good job informing the public how JW's view and treat those who no longer want to remain in the cult.

This is not something you and your husband want to be nice guys about. Who is to say what they could or would do again after a few beers on a holiday they don't publicly celebrate.

Good luck in however you persue this and please keep us informed.

HappyDad

• Gill
    Gill

Of course you've got to press charges.

They broke your 'Frosty' and egged your house and car!

They did it because you were JWs and are no longer JWs. They did it because they were angry with you for celebrating Christmas.

They did it because they consider you bird food. They did it because they have been taught that you are insignificant and less than insignificant.

What if they had done it because you were black? Would you let them get away with it then?

They hate you more than any racist would hate a person of a different race, because to them, you are ALREADY dead!

If they slash your tyres next time and you're all injured in a car crash, won't you regret not standing up against them.

They had the balls to do it because they think you and your family are NOTHING!

You are not nothing! PRove it to them!

Everyone should experience the consequences of their actions. It helps them and educates them!

I hope you press charges LL!

Take care!

Love

Gill

• badboy
    badboy

DISTRIBUTE LEAFLETS to the neighbourhood NAMING THEM(THE PERPETURERS)as being in a act of religious hatred.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Oh yeah.............I just remembered!

If you are familiar with Danny Hazard's story, he had his tires slashed by these "zealous lovers of truth."

But then again, anything they do is not bad, it's theocratic warfare in the literal sense. They most likely think that their God is smiling at them for this "jihad."

HappyDad

• Satanus
    Satanus
    By not doing anything, we are leaving the door open that says nothing will happen if you want to get your jollys off destroying someone elses property!

I agree. One more thing, if you do go through w it, maybe they will then change tactics and circle the wagons, in order to limit the damage to the congregational reputation. Maybe they will take back all confessions. So, maybe start writing everything down, w dates and stuff. Good luck

S

• undercover
    undercover

The pen is mightier than the sword...

Pressing charges will make a few people's lives hell for awhile and create a little bad publicity for the local hall, but the JWs will see your pressing charges as persecution and will only bad mouth you for being so "childish" to make a legal case out of it. They'll gloss over the childishness and stupidity of the people who started the whole thing...remember we're dealing with JWs, they have a way of not facing reality at times.

What might be a better way to publicize this event is to go to the local newspaper. Most newspapers have a local columnist who writes stories of human interest. Sometimes funny articles, sometimes written to evoke sympathy for a cause, sometimes written to shame some prankster into returning a beloved garden gnome. Get the columnist to come over, see the "crime", tell him how these supposed "christians" who knew you had left their religion had commited the religious hate crime (and later confessed to the crime) and let him write an article about it.

That would cause the local hall and JWs much more embarrasement than them being charged by the police. That crime probably wouldn't even make the police blotter in the paper.

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

I really think this qualifies as a hate crime.

It is evil what they did even though no one was harmed, it was absolutely wrong.

I would call the news stations, papers, everyone who would listen. This is absolutely wrong to allow this kind of behavior to go unpunished.

I know it takes a lot of time and emotional energy, but these people need to see that they cannot walk through life doing what they want simply because they are Jehovahs Witnesses. These were not teens, these are adults who have been around the block.

What happens the next time they get together and decide to plan a home invasion robbery of the apostates....just for fun.

I'd file restraining orders and press charges faster than you could blink an eye.

Hugs to you,

Chrystal

• unique1
    unique1

My only concern would be the really honest heartfelt sorry that you got would be for nothing. If you press charges, you can't just do it against two of the three guys. Your husband really gave a good witness to that young fellow that came to your door and the reason the brother listened is because your husband was displaying Jesus like qualities. If you press charges and that one sincere fellow is arrested, then will that two hours of witnessing be for naught? Just something to think about.

• Mary
    Mary

LL, I think you should definitely press charges, not to be mean, but to teach them a lesson that they cannot treat people who leave the Borg, with such gross disrespect.

IMO, the Organization as a whole is responsible for this type of behaviour anyway. If they didn't promote such a hatred of those who simply want to leave the religion and have their own life, then instances like this wouldn't happen. Plus, as many have already mentioned, these are not 16 year old boys pulling a prank. It's middle-aged, self-righteous, think-they're-untouchable-men, who were probably half in the bag, taking it upon themselves to 'punish' you for daring to leave the religion.

I think of the letter that A-K Jeff wrote to the Management after a Witness employee treated him like garbage, and now this and I think perhaps the Society should re-think their stand on how to treat former Witnesses, simply because it's going to cause them even more bad press in the long run.

So yes, I would definitely file charges. If the PO calls you about the matter, I would tell him point blank that these so-called Christians, act this way because of the hatred promoted by the Organization towards anyone who leaves.

Keep us posted.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

This is an unbelievable story. If you said it was 18 year old kids doing it, I would forgive and forget.

But, we are talking about 40 something adults committing a hate crime. This is totally unacceptable. I would under no circumstances let this be forgotten with a "I sorry it wont happen again."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit