UPDATE!: THEY ALL ADMITTED EGGING US -Elders now know, heads are rolling!!

by Lady Liberty 184 Replies latest jw friends

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

Me too...I'm curious at how the end resolutions will be. You, your family..and your frosty is loved very much.

~~Froggy~~

• Anitar
    Anitar

Wow, this thread is really popular, I hope I'm not too late.

Personally, I think you should press charges. True, Jesus taught us to love our enemies, and these people have clearly appointed themselves your enemy. You and your husband can personlly forgive them, but legally you should go all the way, this was clearly a premeditated religious hate crime.

You of all people know if the situation were reversed, they would pursue legal charges. That's how their "be no part of the world" rule works. They only call the cops when it serves their purpose. The elders are probably scrambling right now for a way to settle this before it goes public.

What I find ironic is that all the Jehovah Witnesses kids I met in school say they can't sing any Christmas carols except Frosty the Snowman, because it doesn't have a religious theme to it, but it deals with magic, which they don't allow either. When your neighbors attacked your Frosty it reminded me of it.

You know the sad and bizarre thing about this is that they are grown men. They actually think they weren't doing anything wrong, not even when they got caught. I bet they're talking to eachother now and saying something like "Well, what were we supposed to do, they were celebrating Christmas!?"

As if you were commiting some sort of sin and it was their job to punish you. Pathetic.

Anitar

• rebel8
    rebel8
    rebel8 said: correct me if I'm wrong--the idea of "pressing charges" is largely something Hollywood made up.

Hmmm....nope, can't say I agree. These guys purposely vandalised..........

Not at all what I was referring to. To clarify:

Hollywood version of pressing charges: Wronged person controls the justice system's decision to punish or not punish a crime by saying the magic words "pressing charges". (The fact that the OP stated several days ago that she already reported this to the cops and people keep dogging her to "press charges" seems to indicate people think there is further action she is supposed to take to get the person charged with a crime.)

Reality: Person who believes themselves to be a victim of a crime calls the cops. The justice system decides what action to take regardless of what magical words the victim says or doesn't say after the report has been made. After it's been reported, it's in the hands of the justice system. The victim has little control over what happens next.

At least that's according to the District Attorney who prosecuted the case of the person who harassed me and vandalized my property. She says there is no such thing as "pressing charges".

The OP already reported it to the police, so there is nothing else further she needs to do to get the person charged. As I understand it, that is.

• Latte
    Latte

Personally I find ' Frostyphobia' quite disgusting!

Something has to be done! IMHO

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

I guess we can put away the popcorn till the next sequel comes out!

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

(((Lady Liberty & The Black Pearl))) (((Frosty)))

We feel your pain. What did Frosty ever do to hurt anyone?

(PS Hope you took really good pics of the evidence as forensics often disappear when the sun comes out!)

Mr & Mrs Rocky

• exjdub
    exjdub

Proof again that truth is stranger than fiction!! Sorry you went through this Lady Liberty, but I have to say you have handled it gracefully. That being said, I would press charges for sure. By the way, I don't know if anyone has commented on it, but if it is accurate what the policeman said about it "being a misdemeanor" and treating it like it was no big deal, couldn't he lose his job for not treating this as a hate crime? It clearly is a hate crime in my opinion, not just some "harmless prank". Just my two cents.

exjdub

• minimus
    minimus

LL, I just read your incident. I too very much believe they could be charged with a hate crime. It's important that the video is preserved and a copy is given to you or the DA. Now THIS type of thing could REALLY HURT the Witnesses. The POTENTIAL is clearly there! I hope you pursue this with the authorities because the exposure will be woth it----even if charges are not forthcoming. I truly believe you must follow through on this---if for nothing else, at least principle. Good luck and be careful what you say on the forum.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

People,people!!

Arent we being overly dramatic here??Hate crimes????I suggest looking up experiences of those who have suffered far more than just having a few eggs lobbed at their House by a couple of Drunk Morons.

I would personally have thought to myself..how could i benefit from this?Get them to paint the outside of your House (for free natch)perhaps a little pointing needed doing?I think you could get quite a bit out of them..especially if they thought you were gonna call the Police or elders.

Just my tuppence.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

a side note: I just had to have the tailgate on my truck repainted, due to an "egging" that happened in warm weather.

I'm not generally in the "string 'em up" camp, especially if they've shown some humility. For one thing, I don't think the authorities will take very seriously the idea of this as a hate crime, and in fact might see that label as diminishing what they believe to be real hate crimes (we all know the motivation, and in a sense, yes it rises to a sort of "hate", but I think it would be the rare "worldly" person who would acknowledge that).

OTOH, it might be beneficial just to get everyone, the societies lawyers especially, talking and thinking about the repercussions of their hateful doctrines.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit