HELP! Trying to convince my parents I am going to meetings!

by stillAwitness 106 Replies latest jw friends

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

MrsJones said: "Stilla girl, forget the catfighting (It's making you look a bit juvenile), has anything we have said about being honest with your parents made sense to you? I'm trying to bring YOU back to your own topic and find out if you absorbed anything of what we have said. Josie Huh? I was simply defending myself and injecting my thoughts into a statement that was made that simply was not true? LOL. If you want to see my catfigting on the web go to my myspace page.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Anyways, this thread died for me last night. I took to heart the advice that was given to me to those who took the time out to PM me rather than those who decided to throw this into a myspace web war. Thanks again to you all and goodnight! :)

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Actually, in no statement of mine did I ever utter "my suffering is so much worse than yours" I am simply relating what I am going through. So please don't put your statements and say they are mine.

No, you didn't come out and say it, but your meaning is obvious to those who can read and comprehend this:

I notice that most of the older ones have seemed to forgotten exactly how hard it is to steer away from this religion especially when its all you've known your whole life.

Just because people don't help you tell lies doesn't mean we've forgotten what it's like.

Oh and my parents are not providing for me financially... blah blah blah...

I don't care. I never said they were. So, as you said yourself, "So please don't put your statements and say they are mine. "

You don't seem to get it. Your lies and deception can potentially do more to cause your parents to shun you than anything the watchtower says. Guess what? "Worldly" parents wouldn't put up with that crap either. Your actions will be taken by your family as evidence that the watchtower is right. You are doing everything the watchtower has taught them to expect of "apostates". Everything you are doing will only serve to reinforce their decision to remain in the cult.

This may come as a surprise to you, but most of us are here because we've seen through watchtower lies, and experienced the damage that can be caused by lies. Because of that, many of us have little use for liars. So you shouldn't be surprised when you get a negative reaction from us when you ask us to help you lie. It isn't rocket science.

W

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Then why did you ask us for help? Fine, I'll keep in mind not to give YOU any advice since YOU obvious don't want it. Do us a favor honey, stop crying wolf.

I've said my piece and counted to three.

Josie

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Finally Free said: "Oh and my parents are not providing for me financially... blah blah blah... I don't care. I never said they were. So, as you said yourself, "So please don't put your statements and say they are mine. " LOL! Actually, 2 pages back someone did assume such as was asked by some in PM's. And again, to those who PM me I stated my decision which most of them said was the best idea so you have no idea where my thoughts have gone since I made this thread. But yeah, thanks.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

MrsJones said: "Then why did you ask us for help? Fine, I'll keep in mind not to give you any advice since you obvious don't want it. Do us a favor honey, stop crying wolf. I've said my piece and counted to three. Josie" Like I said I took all the advice that was given to me both on here and the private messages I received and took them to heart. I made my decision and plan of action. There's my piece after the count of 4.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Stilla, I'm done with it go badger someone else

Bye

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Sometimes I have to wonder how some folks can be so absolutely sure of themselves that they think it's appropriate to act harshly.

There's a subtle difference between an attention-seeker and a troll. But all that aside, at least try to remember that there are humanbeings at the other end of the wire. Being human often means being individual, and accepting that others don't always act in a way that we might not personally choose.

What right do we have to tell someone how they should proceed, or how they ought to think or act? It's one thing for someone to seek advice; it's completely another to deride them for their choices and accuse them of being juvenile and/or pathological liars.

Don't you recall what it was like trying to hide your dissatisfaction with the WTS from family? It can take a while, step by step, before someone gains the confidence to not care less what others think of them. Meanwhile they wear masks of all sorts of shapes and sizes. I defy anyone to claim that they've never been there at some point in their lives...

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I suspect the "advice" you are taking is that which validates the deceptive course of conduct you had already seemingly decided upon. Let us know when the shit hits the fan. I'd like to be the first to say "I told you so." Not having any kids of my own I rarely get the opportunity.

W

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

LittleToe said:" Sometimes I have to wonder how some folks can be so absolutely sure of themselves that they think it's appropriate to act harshly. There's a subtle difference between an attention-seeker and a troll. But all that aside, at least try to remember that there are humanbeings at the other end of the wire. Being human often means being individual, and accepting that others don't always act in a way that we might not personally choose. What right do we have to tell someone how they should proceed, or how they ought to think or act? It's one thing for someone to seek advice; it's completely another to deride them for their choices and accuse them of being juvenile and/or pathological liars. Don't you recall what it was like trying to hide your dissatisfaction with the WTS from family? It can take a while, step by step, before someone gains the confidence to not care less what others think of them. Meanwhile they wear masks of all sorts of shapes and sizes. I defy anyone to claim that they've never been there at some point in their lives..." Well said LittleToe. Its funny b/c depending on which Jw forum you are on they can be either real critical, self-righteous and simply so sure of themselves about everything on the other side of the Troof that they forget that some people aren' there yet. And then there are the kind of forums that remember that there are still those who are taking their baby steps. This is certainly one of those that is so NOT the latter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit