HELP! Trying to convince my parents I am going to meetings!

by stillAwitness 106 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Nearly all of Stilla's threads and subsequent comments ask for help in lying to people. Could it be this poster is an obvious liar?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Just a small point Stilla. Having a picture of that shallow, self-obssesed, arrogant clothes horse as your avatar does you no favours. There may be a little 'transference' going on.

• nelly136
    nelly136
    Why do today what you can put off 'til tomorrow?

From Dictionary.com:
    pro?cras?ti?nate [proh-kras-tuh-neyt, pruh-]
    –verb (used without object)
    1. to defer action; delay: to procrastinate until an opportunity is lost.
    –verb (used with object)
    2. to put off till another day or time; defer; delay. sooner or later you will run out of days. you will either get a parent or elder visit at some point especially if they suspect there is need for concern, at the moment you still have the chance of breaking 'the news' to them on your own terms. Either way they arn't going to be very happy, finding out from someone else or discovering it themselves will prolly make it even worse. don't be keeping that eggnog to yourself Toe
  • Dismembered
    Dismembered

I agree,

There's no such thing as a perfect lie.

Always tell the troot. It easier to remember what you said. Must be you learned that at the KH? ...Stilla

Dismembered

• minimus
    minimus

Dismembered, why are you talking so uneducated ?

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Finally Free said: "Don't give us that whiny bullshit. Many here were trapped in the cult longer than you've been alive. Many have lost children as well as parents, siblings and friends. Many, because of cult teachings, put their lives on hold because of their beliefs, making it impossible to have a family, and now have nothing to look forward to beyond dying alone, unloved and unmourned. Don't you dare pretend that your suffering outweighs anyone elses." Actually, in no statement of mine did I ever utter "my suffering is so much worse than yours" I am simply relating what I am going through. So please don't put your statements and say they are mine. Oh and my parents are not providing for me financially. My boyfriend and I both work full time to pay our bills and I am covering my own tuition and car insurance. My parents made if I moved out I would be on my own and I would not want it any other way. So for everyone's information-I love my parents and there's no "daddy credit card" sitting in my wallet.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Mimumus why are you still hijacking my thread. Ya think you would have better things to do. After all I'm an "imposter" so why do you still see yourself back on this thread? Douche.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Thanks to those who PM'ed me their ideas and opinions on this matter (you know who you are) I made a decision.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Stilla girl, forget the catfighting (It's making you look a bit juvenile), has anything we have said about being honest with your parents made sense to you? I'm trying to bring YOU back to your own topic and find out if you absorbed anything of what we have said.

Josie

• undercover
    undercover

Just for argument's sake, let's say this is all legit for a moment...

How old are you again?

You're out on your own, you have a job, you pay your own way, you have a living arrangement that you're happy with, you want no contact with the congregation but yet you want people to believe you're still an active JW?? WTFupswitdat?

Live life on your terms...no one elses. So mommy and daddy are gonna be upset that you've left the "troof"...better they find out from you as you tell them as the responsible, young adult you can be instead of the lying, deceitful, immature brat that you're gonna be taken for when they find out from someone else that you've been lying to them.

If you wanted to live a double life, you should've stayed home, pretended to be the good lil JW daughter and sneak around behind everybody's back doing what you really want.

If you were strong enough to move out and away, you should be strong enough to stand up to your parents about what you think and believe.

Good luck....you're gonna need it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit