THE BACK PEDDLING HAS ALREADY BEGUN......

by Mary 142 Replies latest jw friends

• proplog2
    proplog2

[Do] this, too, because YOU people know the season, that it is already the hour for YOU to awake from sleep, for now our salvation is nearer than at the time when we became believers.

On the basis of this reasoning you can still claim the end is "near" even after a couple of thousand years.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Romans 13:11? I'm surprised they haven't trotted out that scripture to justify over 120 years of "The end is near!"

Good link to those wavs, Blondie. I have met one of those brothers in person: Floyd Kite lives in San Diego and has visited our congregation at least once. His enthusiasm is legendary; I always looked forward to his talks because he'd always start raving and getting excited. Believe it or not, he's still as crazy sounding as he was in the late 60s!

• bavman
    bavman

he said that they expect it to really divide people. For some it will open their eyes and for others they will reject it. Then we will be better able to discern who wants to hear more and who does not.
    Perhaps he (Losch) means it will divide JW's themselves to see who really is loyal (those who have no problem spreading this tract) and those who are actually apostates among them (those who have a problem with the tract). Sort of a way to shake things up among themselves...

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR
    he said that they expect it to really divide people. For some it will open their eyes and for others they will reject it. Then we will be better able to discern who wants to hear more and who does not.
    Perhaps he (Losch) means it will divide JW's themselves to see who really is loyal (those who have no problem spreading this tract) and those who are actually apostates among them (those who have a problem with the tract). Sort of a way to shake things up among themselves...

Interesting idea. I wouldn't put it past the GB to do something this underhanded.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    Why is this tract such a big deal to most on this forum?

It's not. The only people it's a big deal to are the jws who distributed it. Through rumour and inuendo, no doubt started by the governing body or some other high - up at hq, a lot of dubs were led to expect spectacular results from this tract, maybe persecution or even banning in some parts of the world. More than a few of them thought its' distribution might spark the great tribulation.

The reality is that hardly anyone gave it a second thought, if they bothered to read it all. I haven't heard of any other religious leaders being outraged by its' contents, and no one anywhere seems to persecuting the jws because of it

Because the gb, remembering the lessons of 1975, weren't stupid enough to print anything suggesting the rumours about the kind of reaction this tract might produce, they can walk away from this non - event with their reputation intact, and yet again blame the rank and file for building up their own false expectations again.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

let's all welcome the lastest prophet to the board> branch your ideas of rev. 9 are even wackier than the wts. for some reason what you posted reminds me of that x jw turned savior . now proven false proPHet from the U.K.. back to this tract. wasn't the jw's saying last summer, this tract woulde prove we are in the last HOURS before the great trib? seems like many on this board have short memories. correct me if i'm wrong. john

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Although native Pennsylvanian, Charles Sunutko was promoted through the ranks and gave talks in various capacities all over the nation. He received his first congregational assignment in 1955 in Pasadena, CA, and in 1957 he was assigned to Iowa, and then became a traveling minister in 1960, visiting over 100 cities in the United States, and spending what he claimed was 17,000 hours of preaching and shepherding work, then became circuit overseer of some 20 congregations in 1965-1968 in Missouri, then he became circuit supervisor for some 16 congregations in Ohio in 1968...and then worked as a district supervisor in the four-state area of Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania in the early 1970s.... He was not some guy who talked his own ideas at the kingdom hall, he was a company man through-and-through and travelled the country as an official representative of the WT&TS.

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

But wasn't there an almost identical special tract campaign 10 years ago? I can vaguely it, but can't remember the tract itself. I'd love to see a scan to compare it to this years one.

• pobthespazz
    pobthespazz

Branch , I think you will be slightly disappointed when the prophecies you mention in Revelation might not be fulfilled IMHO

• Mary
    Mary
    But wasn't there an almost identical special tract campaign 10 years ago? I can vaguely it, but can't remember the tract itself. I'd love to see a scan to compare it to this years one.

Here you go.....but I think it was a little more than 10 years ago:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit