THE BACK PEDDLING HAS ALREADY BEGUN......

by Mary 142 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

As I mentioned before in another thread, my Dub aunt, along with several other Witnesses, told me that they were specifically told that the Governing Body let it be known that tract work would trigger the Beginning of The End by infuriating the other religions and somehow causing the governments to "turn on Babylon the Great". This was supposed to start before the end of this year. One thing I mentioned is that they were smart enough this time, not to put anything down in writing, but simply let it get around by "word of mouth". That way, when nothing happened, the GB could once again point the finger at the R&F and say "...Nothing happened because YOU were expecting it to happen!"

Another poster on another site recently got an email from a family member who is a Witness and they had this to say in part about a recent ASSembly or Special Meeting they attended regarding the tract work (I got his permission to post it here):

"...On Friday afternoon we got to meet with him personally along with one other missionary couple. Brother Losh said that we've probably noticed that the governing body has been taking some initiatives this summer with special campaigns. He said we can expect to see more in the future. Regarding the upcoming tract campaign announcing false religion's destructionhe said that they expect it to really divide people. For some it will open their eyes and for others they will reject it. Then we will be better able to discern who wants to hear more and who does not. It was interesting to hear a governing body member relate what they are anticipating...."

So the back-peddling has already begun. Two months ago in October, the tract was seen as the catalyst that triggers The End before the end of 2006. Now, in early December they're pulling the reigns back and doing a 180 on what they're expecting. Now, instead of it triggering the most infamous event in history, it's been downgraded to something that has absolutely no meaning, and no discernable effect on anyone outside the very vivid minds of Jehovah's Witnesses. What a huge surprise.

Anyone else been talking to any Dubs who might have "new light" on what they're now expecting?

• sspo
    sspo

The tract was nothing but a waste of time, witnesses were going from door to door not talking to anyone.

They just took the track and stuck it into the door-screen-gate, etc.......... the instructions were to cover the territory and that's it.

Like robots and zombies they covered the territory and felt so good about themselves.

What do you usually do when you find trash stuck in your door? It ends up in the garbage and that's where most of the tracks ended up.

The GB and all the witnesses once again are making such a big deal about the track........ the world could care less about their message.

It's only in their heads.

• R6Laser
    R6Laser

This is how rumors start. So here we have a member who told you what she heard somebody else mention. That's how it always start. Show me where the WTS says it specifically. Not what one person says of what they heard from someone else. Why is this tract such a big deal to most on this forum? There have always been special tracts and announcements. The WTS always has mentioned how false religion will be destroyed. This is no new issue, but why all the hoopla in here for something that most that have been in it already know.

• moshe
    moshe

That's what they did cover territory. The three witnesses I talked to in November who were rushing to get the tracts put out done seemed annoyed that I had slowed them down to ask questions and talk about the end of false religion. They were like a train conductor who was afraid the train would be late to the station. They had just a folder with tracts and no BIBLE. They were like a fish out of water trying to have a conversation without opening their Bible to give them their "authority from God".

• Mary
    Mary
    They just took the track and stuck it into the door-screen-gate, etc..........

Some didn't even get it like that. Unclebruce told me he got his like this: "...it was scrunched up into a ball, put in a sandwich bag and left on the gate" to his property. Can you imagine anyone treating writings directed from Jehovah Himself so disrespectfully?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

In the Chicago area, the tracts get placed with the Pizza joint coupons,
    the roofer's ad, the Yellow Book, the local grocer flyer. Everyone saw this
    as an easy way to get their pioneer recruitment hours in- just fly from
    door-to-door without talking to folks. I am confident that rank-and-file did
    not expect much return on their territory.

Of course, regardless of the reaction, expect a huge spin of the events in
    the OKM or the next District Conventions. They will drag out a few stories
    about how some priest quit his job when he read this, or how a politician
    came to the rescue for an assembly because of the tract. They will say
    that a judge in California threw out a Pedophile case against JW's because
    of the campaign.
    They will claim success.

• blondie
    blondie

I wondered about comments on JWD about how the end was nearer than near until I started getting pressured by my JW family that the end was nearer than near and realized it was because of statements from the platform at the assemblies. Oh, yes, it is not just a misinterpretation of the rank and file of what was said from the platform.

How come in Sinutko's biography in a recent WT pub, was there no mention of his talk "Stay Alive in 75"?

http://www.freeminds.org/wav/wav.htm

*** g04 8/22 p. 19 Something Better Than Fame ***

AS TOLD BY CHARLES SINUTKO

In 1957, I was offered a 13-week contract to sing in Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S.A., for a thousand dollars a week, with an option of 50 more weeks if performances went well. That would be an additional $50,000—big money at the time. Let me explain what led up to this lucrative offer and what made the decision about accepting it or not such a difficult one.

FATHER, a Ukrainian, was born in eastern Europe in 1910. In 1913 his mother brought him to the United States, where she rejoined her husband. Father married in 1935, and I was born a year later in Ambridge, Pennsylvania. About that time two of Father’s older brothers became Jehovah’s Witnesses....(skips over the 1970's)

Blondie

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    So here we have a member who told you what she heard somebody else mention. That's how it always start. Show me where the WTS says it specifically. Not what one person says of what they heard from someone else.

Laser - the comment refferred to came from a member of the GB as related. Do you expect that any of these good apostates would get a session with him directly? They don't dare mention it in the lit - if that is what you mean. They have burnt so many times doing that that the skin bank won't allow them access any longer.

Jeff

• Mary
    Mary
    R6Laser said: This is how rumors start. So here we have a member who told you what she heard somebody else mention. That's how it always start. Show me where the WTS says it specifically.

Um, maybe you didn't read my initial post. I said that they were smart enough NOT to put anything in writing this time, so that there would be no proof that they screwed up royally (yet again) when nothing happened. You think this prevents the Governing Body from unofficially getting everyone all excited about The End being right around the corner? Of course not. Hell, I've heard elders say the same thing as you said above: "Show me where the WTS says specifically that The End would come in '75."

This isn't just "rumours". These Witnesses are not pulling the same message out of a hat. They're being TOLD this crap from the elders who hear it from the COs and DOs and Bethelites, etc. etc. Witnesses are not allowed to come up with their own conclusions, you know that. They're reacting to what they've been TOLD.

• undercover
    undercover
    This is how rumors start. So here we have a member who told you what she heard somebody else mention. That's how it always start. Show me where the WTS says it specifically. Not what one person says of what they heard from someone else.

Well, that's kinda how they want it. The WTS learned their lesson after 75. They are very careful to not put too much in writing so that critics and former members can point and go, "AH-HA! Told ya so!"

They use traveling brothers, special talks, assemblies and conventions to push the new propaganda and to get the rank and file worked up over it...and yet its never mentioned specifically in any article.

For those on the outside, it's all but impossible to prove that they are doing this, but for many of us who spent years inside the "truth", we came to recognize the plot and story. Basically, if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...its a fucking duck.

I can appreciate your cynicism in not accepting ever little rumor posted on this board. A lot of times errant infomation is spread through the rumor mill, not just JWs spreading false info, but ex-JWs as well. But when I see Mary's name attached, I feel pretty assured that the info is pretty accurate and in this case I agree with her, for I have seen the circumstantial evidence as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit