THE BACK PEDDLING HAS ALREADY BEGUN......

by Mary 142 Replies latest jw friends

• willyloman
    willyloman

This started off as a very interesting thread, until the Faithful and Discreet Slave showed up. Not to nitpick, but....

your's truly

...wouldn't the F&DS know that's incorrect and instead use yours?

I'd ask Branch if his nick is short for Branch Davidian but I'm afraid he'd answer me and I'm through getting involved with religious fanatics.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Time to take the thread back.....The big news was nothing.I`ve heard absolutely no one speak of it except on this board.A waste of time,paper,printing ink and gas..The next big news will be the same..No one will care and Jehovahs Witness`s won`t remember it in a decade...OUTLAW

• gumby
    gumby

Brownboy Bundy.....I'll bet you even look at nasty pics and think naughty thoughts.

I found ya a new avatar too.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    So the back-peddling has already begun. Two months ago in October, the tract was seen as the catalyst that triggers The End before the end of 2006. Now, in early December they're pulling the reigns back and doing a 180 on what they're expecting. Now, instead of it triggering the most infamous event in history, it's been downgraded to something that has absolutely no meaning, and no discernable effect on anyone outside the very vivid minds of Jehovah's Witnesses. What a huge surprise.

You'd think that more and more JWs would realize "we've been HAD " once again....and finally turn their backs on the WTS nonsense. It never ceases to amaze me that these people can keep on falling for this time and time again----every few years---as the WTS makes another desperate attempt to keep "the prize" of the elusive wonderland in front of them.

• Kudra
    Kudra

"The chosen will be filled with Holy Spirit and cleansed from the inside out. No impurities will be found in their bodies..."

One time before the doctor looked up me bum, he gave me some pills that "cleansed me from the inside out". Had to stay close to the toilet...

-K

• Rabbit
    Rabbit
    Oh Rabbit will be pleased! I should be ok as well then, I shower every morning and evening, so I'm pretty clean myself. ~fullofdoubtnow

BB

There are those that will meet The Almighty as first fruits along with Jesus Christ even in this forum. Prince Rabbit is one of them. The rest have to wait until they are cleansed, AMEN.......

I am pleased, I think. So hit the showers all you dirty people and get in line behind me.

There is one teeny-weenie little issue I wanted to pass by ya', Brownboy, see-ee...I kinda sorta lean towards being ah, well, agnostic. Will that be any, uh, problem ? I may not believe 'The Almighty' really IS 'The Almighty' even if he shook my hand...I'll probably say it 'was just a dream' or a pot induced delusion or sumptin'...ya' know?

So-o...whaddya think...a problem ?

Btw, I don't know too much about 'faithful & discreet slaves', but, I think you'd do a better job than those rat bastards in Brooklyn. They're very dangerous and have caused the deaths of many JW's thru their blood, transplant & vaccination bans, as well as being responsible for the stress, suicides & psychological damage of their followers, too.

So, what are you doing to change the Watchtower's direction to 'saneness' since you, "...have authority over the W.T.S. as the faithful and discreet slave." ?

And to help Mary...what do you think about the 'back-peddling' the WT is doing over the tract and recent WT predictions ?

P. Rabbit

• Mary
    Mary
    Sunspot said: You'd think that more and more JWs would realize "we've been HAD " once again....and finally turn their backs on the WTS nonsense. It never ceases to amaze me that these people can keep on falling for this time and time again----every few years---as the WTS makes another desperate attempt to keep "the prize" of the elusive wonderland in front of them.

Unfortunately, because Witnesses are trained to accept whatever the "Slave Class" says without question, the majority of them might be disappointed that the tract work did absolutely nothing, but when they start to hear "murmurings" from those who still can think for themselves, the walls to their brain will suddenly go up so that no independent thought can penetrate. Just as in 1976 when the righteous finger of Freddie Franz pointed directly at the audience and said 'Armageddon didn't come because YOU were expecting it!' many will also blame themselves for 'reading too much in to what was being said.' In this case, there was nothing in writing, so the GB can lie their asses off and say "we never said any such thing."

The older Witnesses have simply invested too much of their lives to leave now so they'll carry on. Disappointed, dissillusioned, but still faithful. Many of the younger ones though, might start to think "this is bullshit" and pave the way for a mass exodus in the years to come.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Mary and Sunspot,

When Nils, Sherry and I visited recently, we discussed time spent at Bethel and the intervening years, up to the present. So much has changed for us personally, yet nothing, really, has changed at SS SOCIETY. Per Sherry's comment in the FMJ "Story of Joyful Conversion", when that smug and condemnatory statement about our reading too much into the ARMAWARNINGs came from the platform [post ''75], she wanted to run up to the stage, grab the mike, and say NO!

Makes us rather glad that JWD, and like watcthers of the world, are "forward-pedaling"! Great topic and insightful commentary, Mary.

In tandem,

CoCo

• Mary
    Mary
    Per Sherry's comment in the FMJ "Story of Joyful Conversion", when that smug and condemnatory statement about our reading too much into the ARMAWARNINGs came from the platform [post ''75], she wanted to run up to the stage, grab the mike, and say NO!

Ya, it's funny how virtually all of the Witnesses before 1975 were all reading "too much" into the same message eh? What a coincidence! About 5 or 6 years ago, my father came really close to walking out of the ASSembly and never go back. My father is in his 70s now, and like many Witnesses, didn't pay into a company pension plan when he was young. In his case, the pension plan was optional, not compulsory and he was only 17 at the time. He was specifically told by the elders not to pay into it because "...don't you know where we are in the stream of time? Armageddon will be here LONG before you retire!" That was in 1950. So needless to say, he's bitter about that seeing as his pension would have been almost $4,000 a month. Anyway, fast forward to the year 2001 when the DO smugly and self-righteously says from the platform of the ASSembly "....brothers, if you knew 50 years ago that Armageddon wouldn't be here by now, would you have done things differently? Well you shouldn't feel that way brother, as it shows a lack of faith in Jehovah's Organization!!"

My father was furious and nearly walked out. I really wish he had. Afterwards, he and a few other old timers (who have always been faithful Dubs) got together and said "...What are they trying to do? Drive us away from the Truth with comments like that? Of course we would have done things differently!!"

I guess my father just read too much in to "..Don't pay into your company pension plan..."

Makes us rather glad that JWD, and like watcthers of the world, are "forward-pedaling"! Great topic and insightful commentary, Mary.

Thanks.

• minimus
    minimus

Yes, the Witnesses will need great "discernment" to figure out who wants them and who rejects them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit