How Often Do You Come To JWD During A Day, Week or Month??? Hours or Mins?

by minimus 559 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

I am apprehensive about meeting again. It seems that eyes are everywhere and someone is always waiting for you to slip up. Well, of course it's all in innocence, nothing to be ashamed of. But the least offensive of circumstances can still cause talk. Malicious talk. Why don't people get a life and leave us alone. At this point in my life I want to live and let live. I don't tread on you ... why must you tread on me?

Other than all that, Dear Diary, I really am all right. I get frustrated talking to active members of my former church. They are good-hearted folk, but my gentle questions and efforts to get them to think seem futile. Seem futile ... who knows. I sure didn't get it all at once.

Dear Diary, I know you listen and you can keep a secret like no other. But I need feedback. I wish I knew if others feel like me. Oh well. Someday, somehow, someone will answer.

Moi

• llbh
    llbh

hi Coco,

I am off to shower and work in a min but just had to respond, i always read your posts because I find you interesting as i know other do here.

Who is the person that you met tell me more?

richards llbh

• oldflame
    oldflame

Everyday twice. Once in the mourning and then at night. Santa Claus_41:9889

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

I awake, always far too early in the day. I realize that my friends across the pond are already out and about, doing the day's business. That is some comfort. Yes, it is. I feel that we tune in to each other with words unspoken.

My fears - at once a heavy, enveloping fog - suddenly become an instantly evaporating mist. It's a very strange thing about fear, apprehension, this peculiar susceptibility to painful impressions. They squeeze my all too vulnerable heart in their viselike grasp then flee like a dementor confronted by Patronus.

A friend who is strong, courageous and brave of heart might resemble Caspar Milquetoast outwardly. No matter. The Little Prince so often visits me for the very purpose of reminding me of what is truly important:

On ne voit qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible aux yeux.

One sees only with the heart. What is important the eyes cannot see.

I wish I could find his dear, little letter to me. Then I could be certain that I have not misquoted him. I believe I left it, quite by mistake, in Antoine's aeroplane after we finally quit the Sahara. I shall make a trunk call to Tony later in the day and ask him if he's seen it.

Dear Diary: I know that you understand. You always do.

Moi

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

It has been such a long day - a good day for the most part - but a very long day. XXXXXXX was so philosophical about the theft, but I am outraged. Hurting innocent people in that manner is unconscionable. One more injustice that will most likely go unpunished. All the lame comfort I could offer was "what goes around...." My concern and upset were, nevertheless, genuine.

I find their smug attitude and absolute certainty of all matters Biblical such a bore. More sharply put, the true believers' incapacity to imagine themselves or Mother errant in anything is a vexation to me; simple logic, reason and humanity are summarily dismissed in all too cavalier and presumptuous a manner. There but for the grace of God went I. I haven't really forgotten who I was so very little time ago ...

"Dreamgirls" transported me to my youth. Delightful but bittersweet memories for all us baby boomers. Effie rose back to the top as a human being and as a professional. I cheered for her ... you go girl!

Moi

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

I nearly caught my car on fire before I got my cigarette lit. How I wound up in the golf cart I'll never know. Such is the way of dreams, I suppose. The death of two friends and myself in hospital was the stuff of too heavy-duty a nightmare. More than you'll ever know, Dear Diary, I really needed to emerge - no - to bolt posthaste from that dreamscape.

Well, I have a choice whether to hustle up to town and do business at the gallery, hit the cinema and have that luxury of a refillable bag of popcorn or stay home and recuperate. I'm deciding.

I can't believe the deal I got at Secondhand Haberdashers, Ltd. A nearly-new suede bomber for half-price. Men's furnishings can, on occasion, be a bargain. What I really need, however, is a full-length overcoat. They are unavailable here as far as I can tell. I'd like to see one hanging from my shoulders in preference to one housing the frame of an impossibly handsome kid in a mail order catalogue.

I've decided ...

Moi

• minimus
    minimus

Good to see your diary again, CoCo.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Dot,

Good to see you, too.

Cheers and best wishes for the inquisitive one!

CoCo

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Generally speaking, about 5 visits per year. I post less than 10 times a year now.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

Those who frequent us less should kindly consider frequenting us more. Who knows how they might add dimension to one's thinking and impetus to one's stalled momentum.

The walk was refreshing, yet I am chafing over any genuine need to venture further, say to market. That requires automotive transport. Besides, I feel hesitant about rubbing shoulders in sure-to-be-crowded aisles simply for a box of Bisquik. Chicken and dumplings, don't you know. My first attempt would be sure to produce death balls and nothing close to resembling Mom's fluffy, lighter-than-air clouds.

My mind is in neutral for the moment about crazy religion. Self-control involves during off - or to a lower setting - the brain. I choose not to be disturbed by what most likely cannot be changed anyway.

There now ... I feel better already.

Moi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit