How Often Do You Come To JWD During A Day, Week or Month??? Hours or Mins?

by minimus 559 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

"The founder of Associated Jehovah's Witnesses, speaking on condition of anonymity to protect his standing in a faith that does not tolerate dissent, says liaison committee members know about the revised teachings, but most Witnesses automatically refuse all forms of blood without consulting the committees. Physicians are often ill-informed about Witness beliefs, he said. [...] In all, Associated Jehovah's Witnesses lists 20 shifts and refinements in blood-related rules over the years. [...] Louderback-Wood says she'll be contented if her protest saves one child's life." - FREE MINDS JOURNAL, vol. 25, no. 1, February through April 2006, page 12.

Thought you might like to know ...

Moi

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I come on here quite a bit at night when I'm bored at work. I draw and read and take online classes then when I'm good and bored I come on here for a couple hours...

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

He declaimed that he didn't deserve to die like this; he had a new house, after all ...

Deserve had nothing to do with it.

No one knew why Miss Feathers would marry a man of so vicious and intemperate a disposition ...

For the love of a good woman a man might change ...

William did.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

Alone today with my thoughts. No one seems to be home at the moment. At an earlier time in my life I would have been anxious that I could get no response. Upon the heels of anxiety would inevitably follow despair then, finally, grief.

I feel that I have grown, inasmuch as I am in neutral with regard to my emotions. No more highs and lows. Well, of course, I can have a bad day, but, in effect, it is more like a bad moment. Black times - here I am speaking of protracted stretches of time - are now a rarity.

I shall patiently await further social interaction. In the meantime, Thomas' profound thinking has elevated me to a higher plane. That, in itself, shall prevent my sinking into the doldrums. After all, I'm traveling by "plane," not by "ship" ...

Moi

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

Getting away is good. I read more - books, that is. Books on diverse subject matter. I find it pathetic, but typical (of the Dark Ages), that we have allowed others to decide what we can and cannot read. After all, reading a banned book could lead to untoward thoughts or conduct. Humbug!

Pollard never came home to roost. Hope she's all right. Lapin is fine; he sleeps in a tube. Being on a ranch is not only great fun but is also solace for the soul. I miss being out in the country and always jump at the chance to rusticate.

But I had to pop back, DD, just to check on you ...

Moi

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

Why do cats stare? I fancy myself an enlightened and tolerant fellow, but I can become totally unhinged by some things. Setting out to do a little of this-and-that while housesitting, I glanced over toward Felix and found his cats' eyes fixed upon me. It wasn't so much an unbroken, trance-like stare but more a casual, unwavering glare, as if to say, "Can you take it, Buster?"

Frankly, no. His siblings were far more intent upon playing with captive, pleading mice than concerning themselves with my rapidly declining state of mental health. Felix could have lunged at me and removed a limb. No. Serene and as enigmatic as a sphinx, he just sat - without motion but definitely with motive.

He was messing with my mind ...

I left.

Moi

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

I'm not able to sleep. I guess you could say I'm feeling a bit sleepless.

Guess I'll head off to Seattle and see how Tom and Meg are doing. Cary and Deborah were the inspiration.

Never let what needs to be spoken go unspoken, what needs to be done undone.

Better bring along a box of kleenex. I'm such a sucker for love ...

Moi

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

A period of calm has embraced our little mountain community, if only for the time being. I scampered about during the earlier part of the day - once the power returned - to do chores requiring electrical assistance. I cooked ahead and am keeping the evening meal warm in the oven should we see another outage. In the Valley over one-hundred thousand utility customers are without power. Some traffic mishaps, too. Airline flights are delayed and/or cancelled. No cable and phone service is out for COMCAST customers.

A good day to stay home ... oh, I am home!

P.S. I miss my wood stove for heat and cooking.

Moi

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

On Christmas Day I was telling you about Stan, my younger brother. What a shock to see him there in Vashon. He was working in the midwest on a ranch as a BCP (bovine care provider), which was a surprise to me. One of my few remaining church friends told me.

My father was always fair and reasonable about most things, but when it came to "church," he was pretty firm about putting first the things of the LORD. Stan's committment to a 24-7 work ethic concerned our father. No time for spiritual matters, resulting in, at the very least, spiritual malaise. And the worst - defection, such as mine.

I told you, DD, that Dad was understanding about most things. The antithesis of his fellow congregants. Quiet and gentle, but no pushover. Church officials came to the house one day for a "friendly" visit. After a few pleasantries, the tone changed as my name came into the discussion. There was no doubt where the conversation was heading with regard to the prodigal son's defection from "The Way." Dad stood up, walked to the door and opened it. He thanked the flustered elders for their concern but said it was really time for them to leave. I learned about this moment of truth much later in an indirect sort of way. Bottom line: Dad's spiritual Father was reasonable and just. Like Father, like son.

So why was there bad blood between Stan and me?

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

Where do I begin? You already know everything about my family and me, even though I haven't put our entire family history upon literal pages. It's as though you've penetrated the inner recesses of my heart and soul in order to see the real me. I say and do one thing. You know better, DD.

From the moment Stan came into our lives twenty-three years ago, my parents and I have been unwittingly elevated to a different level of awareness; trifles that ordinarily go quite unnoticed came unexpectedly into sharp relief. A mental (spiritual?) acuity gradually began to develop within the three of us, and its focus was the new arrival. This child, as the song goes, came into the world in the usual way. Nevertheless, had the scenario that unfolded over the last two decades been staged within the sacred theatre of Biblical antiquity, this unusual child, like the infant Samuel, would have been dedicated unto the LORD.

Stan was always a happy baby, and to say that he was just another cute little boy, well ... more of that later. I mentioned that our level of awareness became keener because of Stan. It all started (our noticing something different) when elderly Aunt Rose came to stay with us for a spell after her husband, our Uncle Angelo, had died. His death was sudden and caused my family much grief. Especially Aunt Rose, needless to say. Stan was about four or five at the time, I believe, and I was in my early teens. I was the typical, self-absorbed teenager.

One particular day, like any other (well, almost), Aunt Rose was staring out the window, which was becoming part of her daily routine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit