SECRET SANTA - Gift Ideas thread

by Angharad 95 Replies latest jw friends

• Angharad
    Angharad

I know a lot have already posted in the other thread, but I have had a request to start an offical thread for ideas. If you have already posted in the other thread don't worry I will put links to both in the PMs to people.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/123195/1.ashx

So anyone that hasn't already posted some ideas, please do so in here !

Thanks

I will be starting sending names out to people on Thursday on my day off of work!

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

I am easily pleased; a book of some description would be great whether fiction or non fiction.

DB74

• JH
    JH

Good idea Angharad

Secret Santa, I'd like to have a t-shirt from your area.

A "medium" if it's big enough, or else a "Large" if it's not too big. To give you an idea, I'm 5' 8" and 140 lbs.

If you rather, you can burn a CD with fun programs.

Maybe also a coin from your country if you're not in Canada or the US.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I posted this in the other thread but I'll add it here too

Tree ornaments in white or silver

Books just one but I'll give you a selction of what I don't have

I'm also looking for CDs of a few pianists so anything by (previously owned is OK because some of them might be hard to find)

• Haygood Hardy
    • Frank Mills
    • Andre Gagnon
    • Floyd Camer
    • Trans Siberian Orchestra: The Christmas Attic (not pianists but I'd love it)
  • freedomloverr
    freedomloverr

I have a wish list on amazon.com of books that I would love to have for my library.

gift certificates are also wonderful!

I like Lee's suggestion about tree ornaments also. I've got some catching up to do with tree ornaments! I'm starting a collection a little late in life.... :) oh yeah.....anything DARK chocolate or good coffee! mmmmm....

• Emma
    Emma

I like a good read, a book with a story that picks you up and carries you along. Also note cards or paper, a fun pen, unscented candles, an ornament, the color blue, dark chocolate. Or a Surprise!

Emma

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

Reposted from previous thread

I'm a coffee junkie so mugs with a theme from your local area are cool......anything (snacks (i am allergic to chocolate), touristy gifts, local daily newspapers) from your local area, especially if we live far apart would be very appreciated.

I love barbershop quartets, celtic music, bluegrass.....I smoke the ocassional cigar....I collect Disney pins and anything Police or train themed. I love to read, non-fiction/historical mostly.

I'm a pretty simple guy so something simple is fine...(spend your $$ on your kids and tell me about their reaction !)....hate buying for myself....vintage (used lol) is fine....

RandyW

** afterthought --- we just moved and a whole box of ornaments got broken...I know my wife would love an ornament to start rebuilding her collection.

• Woofer
    Woofer

I love perfume . . winter scarves, gloves for cold Ohio winters. Ornaments are a good idea as well. Something from your area would be great!

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

So if you post here, you get to join secret santa -- mail someone else a gift? and then get one from someone else?

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

I also wouldnt mind a t-shirt from your area. Purple is my favorite color, and Im a medium size. I also love scented candles. (the ones you light and smell the whole house up) No littler box scented ones, trying to cover that up the way it is!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit