Who is DF/DA or Fader???

by mama1119 90 Replies latest jw friends

• Sassy
    Sassy

Not sure what I am.. Fader? maybe..

nothing as officially been done..

I moved.. said screw it and never contacted the congregation again..

nor did I give them a forwarding

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

DA'd and never looking back.

The Claw

• luna2
    luna2

I became inactive about 5 years ago because I was fed up with feeling like crap all the time. Kept saying to myself that I'd go back one day but somehow that day never arrived. It felt too good not to play the game. A year and a half ago, I found the online world of ex-JWs and there was no more thinking about returning to that mess.

I was going to DA but never got around to it.

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

I was an officially approved as an unbaptized publisher and my dad was an elder. One day when I was 17 I told my mom and dad that I just did not want to meetings anymore. So I don't know what I am. But I do know that my whole fam still talks to me.

• TheHypnoToad
    TheHypnoToad

Technically a fadder (almost all of my family are JW's) but mentally quit about 2 years ago, phisically quite going (stopped cold turkey) about 1 year ago. Told wife I had great doubts little over 1 year ago.

JW 31 years - $1,000,000+

Wife, Kids & myself free at last - PRICELESS!!!!!!

The Hypno-Toad

• exwitless
    exwitless
    DA'd just this September. Felt good.

I'm with him. (Literally)

• nsrn
    nsrn

I'm a ditto of Rolling Rock's post above. Raised in the borg, active unbaptized publisher, elder father....Faded out at 17-18. Never any announcement regarding me that I am aware of. Parents are still in, oldest folks in their congregation. Everyone still talks to me.

Currently being 'love-bombed' while caring for my ailing parents--witness friends bring them a meal almost every day for the last 4 months!

• Ex-Jo Ho
    Ex-Jo Ho

Wellll.....I just left suddenly...literally. I still can't believe it. Not something I would ever do. I was always one to really care what other people thought...I didn't have an opinion even when a JW could...I was considered someone in good standing. When I was a teenager other kids would tell their parents that they were hanging out with me and then no questions would be asked. Well, I was really starting to get sick of things...and question things...it happened on a Thursday night. One of my best friends was DF'd...I was shocked....I got up right after the announcement and walked out...slamming the door VERY loudly. I never went back. (Ha ha...after that exit I was scared to go back even if I'd ever had second thoughts....which I didn't...phew!)

Oh...and my friend's crime? He had gone skinny dipping! Well it was more of a dare....some of our friends dared him to jump off of a cliff into the water at the cottage they were staying at...they jokingly said to do it commando. He did! It was funny! He was a funny guy! Honestly...you couldn't even see his private parts from that height and there wasn't even any females present at this event. Crazy, eh? Oh and he was like 15! Anyways...I thought it was crazy when I knew of a billion other things going on that were corrupt at our KH and this is what the elders considered to be it! Maybe getting PR'd but DF'd! Still boggles my mind!

Josie

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Wife and I faded 8 years ago.

Don't want to rock the boat, the relatives would throw me overboard.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Fading fast since mid-August. Before that I was an elder, a lurker. I knew it wasn't the true religion for a long time, though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit