Who is DF/DA or Fader???

by mama1119 90 Replies latest jw friends

• misguided
    misguided

Born in, 3rd generation. Baptized 1982. Realized something wasn't right with the org around 1997. DF'd in 2002 (I think...I kind of told them to go ahead and do it and refused to meet with them.)

Miss my family. (edited to add) ...but have my 6 kids.

Rose

• mama1119
    mama1119

Wow, I can't believe so many people DA'd after so many years of service...

• zeroday
    zeroday

It was 28 years for me. Wasted life time. Emotionally scared, don't know if I will ever recover. 28 years in constant fear of death. How do you recover from that.

• bread head
    bread head

DFed for association with another DFed person

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

Tried to fade, but when my husband and I received a certified letter in the mail inviting me to my judical committee for being accused of apostasy. We wrote them a letter saying that we would not be attending and we had done nothing wrong. We also threatened legal action if they made any type of public announcement defaming our name. So they never publicly announced anything but they spread the word amoungst the congretation and are treated as df'd/da'd person.

• mama1119
    mama1119
    It was 28 years for me. Wasted life time. Emotionally scared, don't know if I will ever recover. 28 years in constant fear of death. How do you recover from that.

How long have you been out??? I think it just takes alot of time, and talking about it, to heal and move on. Do you have an exit counsler, or any kind of counsler. I think that really helps.

• zeroday
    zeroday

I've been out 2.5 years now. No exit counsler or support system. My family lives 2200 miles in California. All my time in tennessee was with the witnesses with no worldly friends at all. It is extremely difficult to turn off that life and start a new one at this stage in my life. I have developed such a bitterness to life it's difficult to find any purpose or happiness to it. I drive truck for a living and am on the road all week and home weekends. It really doesn't afford much time to get out and meet people. And even if I could I have such a fear of people and groups I don't even know if I could function.

• mama1119
    mama1119

I think that is completely understandable. You should maybe looking into getting a counsler though. It really does help to talk it out with someone unbiased. You really haven't been out long enough to expect to be over all those feelings. It can definitely make you angry, knowing you "wasted" that much of your life. But, as my Mom says, now its really time to start living. This website is a great way to help deal with it all, but it is also nice to no think about it at all. So try not to spend all your mental energy focusing on the bad part of it, instead, realize you are out, and your life is your own, you do with it what you will. Nobody can make you happy but yourself.

• Nellie
    Nellie

Was in the org for 35 years - started fading @ 7 years ago - basically stopped attending (fading) @ 3 years ago - Haven't been to a meeting in @ 2 years - not DA'd or DF'd

• Highlander
    Highlander

Fading since about 1999, though I've turned in some fake time on a few different occasions in the last few years. Though it's been about 2 years since my last fake field service occurred.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit