Do You Really "Care" If Someone's Gay Or Not???

by minimus 76 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I don't "care" whether people have a relationship with the same sex or the opposite sex. Gays know far better where their hearts lead them and love who they do for their own reasons...just as straights do. It is strictly their business and certainly not any of mine.

I see no reason why two gay individuals in a committed relationship should not be given the same rights, responsibilities, and liablities as a straight couple.

Somebody got here and said it much better than I could.....so I'll echo the same sentiments, rather than repeat the same thing.

Annie

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Im not comparing gays with people with birth defects. What Im saying is that a lot of people argue that same sex marriage should not be legal because marriage was intended for a man and a woman. If Im not attracted to women and can't form a legal life partnership with another man, why shouldn't I be entitled to the same benefits that married couple's get? I work and pay taxes just like the next average Joe but denied that?

To discriminate against gay people in that manner would be like discriminating against people born bind, deaf or whatever. People are born gay; it isn't a choice. That was the thought I was trying to get across.

LRG

• TopHat
    TopHat

It doesn't bother me

• juni
    juni

Well I'm ready to be bonked w/a stone, but you asked for my opinion and I think we all should agree to disagree.

Basically I believe marriage should be between a man and woman.

BUT I also feel that gay couples should have the same rights as hetero couples as to health insurance and other

financial benefits. I feel that they should be able to adopt children.

Marriage....... perhaps a civil ceremony.

I have gay friends of both gender and some are still friends and others are not just because they wanted to act

like schmucks. Had nothing to do w/their choice. I know of other gay people like my doctor who is the dearest and most compassionate man. I worked w/a gay older woman who was soooo kind hearted.

Being that I was in the floral design business I had many gay acquaintances. They have a real knack for design.

Well that's my .02 worth.

Juni

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

OFF TOPIC REPLY!! -

jstalin:

OFF TOPIC - Sad Emo, whenever I see your name and avatar, it makes me sad! Please, be happier!

ROFL!! The name I can't do anything about, but I'll try find a new avatar for you!! this'll have to do for now

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I don't care what a persons' sexual preference is, it's their personal business

• Arthur
    Arthur

A person's sexuality is totally irrelevant to me. I have some very dear friends that are gay and lesbian. They are truly wonderful people that I care about deeply.

I have seen too many people who tried to suppress, hide, and deny their sexuality for many years; even a few JWs. They were so miserable because they knew that they were having to deny who they really were; and live through a false identity. It has become fairly obvious to me that most gay people can't just "change" themselves into a heterosexual at will. I have a deep empathy for those who have had to live "in the closet" for so many years.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

The only time I was upset when I found out someone was gay was because it was a guy I had a crush on! LOL

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

I think that "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" should be for everyone, whether straight or gay and a gay marriage does not interfere with anyone else's straight marriage, but rather protects both parties in a gay relationship. Why shouldn't they be entitled to the same privileges and protection as any other person, no matter their sexual preference? No reason, except for people's longstanding prejudices.

Frannie

• minimus
    minimus

I believe a person is whatever their sexual identity is--------no matter what anyone says. Some people are gay, most are straight and a few are bi.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit