Do You Really "Care" If Someone's Gay Or Not???

by minimus 76 Replies latest jw friends

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

I dont care one way or the other, never have. Its a shame though that with the recent court ruling in NJ gays want their unions to be labeled "marriages", domestic partnership isnt enough and that is stupid. They have the legal rights, so why get flustered over a puritanically influenced title?? So sad that they cant just be happy with the legality of their unions.

• jstalin
    jstalin
    I dont care one way or the other, never have. Its a shame though that with the recent court ruling in NJ gays want their unions to be labeled "marriages", domestic partnership isnt enough and that is stupid. They have the legal rights, so why get flustered over a puritanically influenced title?? So sad that they cant just be happy with the legality of their unions.

Yes, you're right. I can't understand why those darned gays would want to be treated like everyone else.

Just like it was sad that those darned negroes weren't satisfied with "separate but equal." I mean heck, they still got their schools, they just couldn't mix with whites. Why couldn't they just be happy with that?

• Smiles_Smiles
    Smiles_Smiles

HA HA HA! Jstalin you are on a rolllll.

Personally I could care less if a person is gay, bi, tranny whatever. And for goodness sake let those who want to marry .. marry. Let those who don't want to marry not marry. It aint no skin off my back either way.

It would be nice to see a little compassion for the differences in others. One is not better then the other imo it's just slightly different. And I do mean 'slightly'.

Smiles

• minimus
    minimus

Actually, I ask these questions from time to time to let Gumby see that everyone will still accept him and his nutsack.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Minimus: Yer such busybody.

You said:

So often, you see people all up in arms because it is revealed that an individual is "gay". Do you really care?? Personally, I don't. But now many homosexual activists are pushing for the right to marry and also be given the same benefits are hetero couples.....My opinion is that "marriage" was intended to be a union of a male and a female........What's your opinion here??? I guess what everyone is up in arms about is whether the gay marriage will be held to the same standard as the hetero marriage. Oftentimes, I think people perceive gay relationships to be more temporary to hetero relationships, which is not true. CG

• minimus
    minimus

It's about $$$. Taxpayers don't want to support paying benefits unless they have to....See Gerry Studds.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

The "separate but equal" phrase came to my mind as well.

Would a member of a civil union still be called a spouse? Or would it be a "civil partner", or some other new term? And when you encounter a government/insurance/employment document that uses the term "spouse" or "married", could you still mark it if you were only "civil union"'d?

It seems like a red-tape nightmare to set up a whole separate-but-equal structure called "civil union" that completely mirrors "marriage", but just has a different name. Why bother?

For those of you that oppose gay marriage, why do you oppose it? I've read here, "Because marriage is a union between a man and a woman", but WHY do you believe that must be the case? What would be the harm in understanding the term more broadly, to include gays?

I wonder if people once thought, "Marriage is a union between a man and a woman of the same race" when considering mixed-race marriages?

Dave

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Of course my thinking has changed drastically since leaving the JW's...but I feel in my heart that a person that is "gay" is born that way and that's all there is to it. They should be alloted all the privleges that any other human being takes for granted...and that includes marriage.

mumsy

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

I wonder if people once thought, "Marriage is a union between a man and a woman of the same race" when considering mixed-race marriages?

They probably did since it was illegal in places years ago. Many bible thumpers who define marriage as between a man and a woman say they base their belief from the bible but the bible has also been used to endorse slavery and allow polygamy, even though both of those institutions are now illegal.

LRG

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes I care deeply - I would like 90% of the worlds men to be gay so that would leave loads of women for me

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit