Do You Really "Care" If Someone's Gay Or Not???

by minimus 76 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I don't give a monkey's chuff. It's simply a non-issue to me. People are composites of so many things. It's just one more facet of what is usually a wonderful human-being.

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

I got this for ya, mini:

• hambeak
    hambeak

Makes no difference to me if someone is gay or straight. I do believe that Civil Unions should be recognized by all 50 states and all of the benefits and problems that go along with it. As Kinky Friedman said "I believe in marriage for gays so they can be as miserable as the rest of us." As it stands now a gay couple in a committed relationship have no rights except in Massachusettes. If one dies the survivor may receive nothing if blood family choose to get involved.

• juni
    juni

And I agree with you hambeak. That IS VERY WRONG.

• pmouse
    pmouse

Absolutely not! We flew down to Key West in October of 2005 for my son and his partner's civil ceremony performed on the beach in Key West, FL. My ex-husband, his wife and children as well as my husband and I attended the sunset ceremony which was very sweet. As far as I'm concerned, at that moment, I gained another son to love. The first anniversary was celebrated the beginning of this month.

Do you really "care" if someone eats spinach or not? I don't.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    For example, can a gay married couple use the filing status on their Federal tax return as "Married Filing Joint?"
    No. The Federal Defense of Marriage Act (signed into law by President Clinton) specifically prohibits the federal government from recognizing state-recognized gay marriages.

Interesting, I did not know that. So, what you are saying is that a State recognition of gay marriage does not mean much. So, the Fed Defense of Marriage Act would also prohibit a gay couple getting the marriage benefits of social security, Medicare and so on...right? That does not seem right..

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

pmouse, I'd worry right now about someone eating spinach! Bad stuff!

Outaservice

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I like gay people better. There's just something about them.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I don't care, but I think if one of my children were gay, I would care............only because it is a hard life for them, but getting better.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

In the final analysis, when all is said and done, does it really matter who we find? If one finds true happiness with someone of the same sex, I am thrilled for them.

Haven't we had enough judgment in our lives anyway? Don't we all know, here more than anywhere else, what it feels like to be ostracized because we don't fit in? Because we're different? Don't we know what it feels like to have the majority demonize us, curse us, just because we are not like them?

Shame if that experience goes to waste . . . . . . .

"A toast before we go into battle. True love. In whatever shape or form it may come. May we all in our dotage be proud to say, "I was adored once too." -- Four Weddings and a Funeral

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit