What is your purpose here?

by The Scotsman 121 Replies latest jw friends

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I say this with as much truth and heart as I can possibly say.

Sometimes we see what we want to see, and not what we should see.

If the members of this board have made a deep mistake in thinking the Watchtower organization has not been personally selected by Jesus Christ (wile invisible to any human) in 1919 (a time peroid of which none of us lived) during which the organization made repeated claims and false pronouncements about the end of the world then we have made a deep error. We have failed to see what God wants us to see and believe. We have missed out on something truely amazing.

But must also ask the toughest question for a person who is JW looking at information organized by former members. IF JEHOVAHS WITNESSES DO NOT HAVE THE TRUTH, HOW WOULD YOU EXPECT FORMER MEMBERS TO ACT??????

Think about this. Don't just say "well they have the truth so I don't even want to THINK about them not having it". You need to think about that small tiny little percentage in your head that says 'maybe they don't have it'. If you actually admit the simple statistical truth that this is a possiblity I think you will understand those on this board alot better. After you admit that there is a possiblity that the WTS isn't the truth (even a tiny fraction) I want you to think about HOW you would expect former members who found out it wasn't true to act.

No doubt some of them might be angry with the fact that they where told that something was the truth when it wasen't. Some would lash out. Some will focus their time on the history of the organiztion (something the Watchtower even does, but with selection). They would examine the claims of the society up and down. Some would be dishonorable in their desire to expose the system that lied to them, others would present information in a more honorable and respectable fashion.

Do a search for ex mormon members, scientologists or other similar groups and see what you find. People who left systems YOU BELIEVE not to be true. You will see a common thread running through communities of ex members.

You have to really ask you self, if the Watchtower really is lying about themseles how else would you expect those who leave to react? How much suffering would many have gone through for an organization that had its own interests at heart and showed no care for the individual?

Sometimes we see only what we want to see. I felt the same way years ago. I would say 'those apostates, all they ever do is tear down'. I wanted JWs to have the truth, so I walked right past all critical talk and discussion about them. The poster who started this thread brings back so many memories of my past.

• Ade
    Ade

Hi Drew,
    Thats very true, and i think after you research a certain aspect and find its a lie, it inevitably leads to researching more and more. The anguish for those who have spent years of their lives serving a falsehood must be horrifying. Thus it is easy to understand the mixed emotions from people.

All the best
    Ade

• avengers
    avengers

And no, I am not brainwashed, tricked, blinded, etc etc, it is merely the fact of the matter.

Fallacy!

I am not brainwashed, tricked, blinded, etc either it is merely the fact of the matter.

I'm the best, it is merely the fact of the matter.

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

You know what I think? The scotsman is just having a bit of fun. You can't really blame the guy, imagine having to sit thru those JW meetings. The boy has to get his fun somewhere and he thought he'd come and toy with us.

Shame on you little boy. Go and play somewhere else. Let the big people get on with it, come back when you're all grown up.

Agape

• Jerohobobonadad
    Jerohobobonadad

I can't answer for everyone, but for me I am desperately trying to convince myself that I was right to give up!

I have never been more sure that this is an organisation without Jehovah's backing. And no, I am not brainwashed, tricked, blinded, etc etc, it is merely the fact of the matter.

I am also here to generate controversy where there is none. I am here to cling to trivialities, such as the UN NGO status. I am not interested in constructive criticism. I only want to moan a lot and spout arguments lacking in substance. I am also here to do the following:

1) Dig up the past ALOT. Qouting ancient Watchtower articles etc. (light doesn't get brighter people)

2) Offer no alternative to the truth, just tear down.

3) And of course - to resort to absolute untruth and deception.

I hope this helps.

Also, scotsman, please drop by in 20 years time and tell us what the new light on armageddon is.

Note to the rest of the board - you can just imagine this guy sat at his computer screen patting himself on the back, a big grin "haha, I'm giving the apostates a right intellectual hiding, stirring up a wasps nest etc". I don't know why we bother to reply to these kind of posts.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    I'm the best, it is merely the fact of the matter.

Wrong! I'm the best! I'm also the sexiest, most desirable man on earth. It is merely the fact of the matter.

Because I say so.

W

• daystar
    daystar

I also wanted to address this a bit:

Once again a few mention WT articles from 1914 etc. WHAT????????

Were any of us even born then????? Digging up the past. Give us a break please.

Digging up the past? So, only the positive things about the past are meaningful, not the negative? Doesn't the WBTS rely almost entirely upon past events to give credence to its doctrines? I mean, what is the Bible supposed to be from the JW view, if not a record of past events? If the Witnesses are Jehovah's organization on earth, shouldn't all Witnesses study its history just as intently as they study the history of the early Christian Church and learn from it?

So, study the Bible, the history of Jehovah's people, but not the history of the Witness Organizations, also supposedly Jehovah's people? Why not? Really... why not?

• Ade
    Ade

Of course the light gets brighter, but i suppose it depends which side of the pyramid you are stood >:)

Ade

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

TheScotsman:

I have some simple questions for you:

Since the JWs say they are the sole channel of Jehovah, please tell me WHO the brother or brothers were who Jehovah communicated to. (If any of them are still living, I would sure like to shake their hands!) Also, tell me WHEN Jehovah communicated to them. Lastly, tell me HOW Jehovah communicated to them. Did somebody go into a trance? After all, the bible clearly states who Jehovah spoke to back then.

Please answer these.

LHG

• AgentSmith
    AgentSmith

It seems it may be difficult to unplug this Scotsman and free his mind. Unfortunately Scotsman is, just as I was, completely blinded to the real truth. Regardless of what is said here tonight, Scotsman will feel vindicated for giving those apostates some grief.

Scotsman, do yourself a service, READ! Make sure of all things. Then make up your mind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit