What is your purpose here?

by The Scotsman 121 Replies latest jw friends

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

Just want to make one point, this morning I was referring back to my records of the service reports, and if you think 1975 was not a worldwide issue, can you explain the growth (or lack of???) a massive influx pre 1975, a huge and in fact the only negatives the society has ever had after... I wonder what happened? I personally lived through this, although only a young child, and I can remember it was all we talked about.

Incidentally I also remember a district convention that went on and on about this HUGE influx before the end.. strangely no matter how much the society fiddle numbers by allowing people to put in 15 minutes of service and letting pioneers do less and less... increase is at it's lowest since the 1975 debacle. Is this Gods chosen organisation? How could they have been so wrong so many times.

19772,223,5382117194-1
    19782,182,3412,086,698-1.4
  • chiddy
    chiddy

The Scotsman , touching a nerve with those mock website URL's or perhaps leading a little double-life are we , like many are!

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

Sorry, no exciting double life to speak of.

Come on it was a wee joke.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Hello Scotsman! With all due respect! Why would you want to go out into the ministry work when you clearly are not following Watchtower counsel yourself? If you are you one of Jehovah's Witnesses why are you rejecting the information contained in the Watchtower? Watchtower-2000-May-1-p.10 9 Some apostates are increasingly using various forms of mass communication, including the Internet, to spread false information about Jehovah’s Witnesses. As a result, when sincere individuals do research on our beliefs, they may stumble across apostate propaganda. Even some Witnesses have unwittingly exposed themselves to this harmfulmaterial. In addition, apostates occasionally take part in television or radio programs. What is the wise course to follow in view of this? 10 The apostle John directed Christians not to accept apostates into their homes. He wrote: “If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, never receive him into your homes or say a greeting to him. For he that says a greeting to him is a sharer in his wicked works.” (2 John 10, 11) Avoiding all contact with these opponents will protect us from their corrupt thinking. Exposing ourselves to apostate teachings through the various means of modern communication is just as harmful as receiving the apostate himself into our homes. Never should we allow curiosity to lure us into such a calamitous course!—Proverbs 22:3. Scotsman, you either do not believe that the people here are really apostates, or you do not believe what is written by the "faithful and discrete slave class"! Are you acting as a "wise" person as the Watchtower counsels? The Watchtower clearly states that you are not acting as a "wise" person. It's the Watchtower that defines the type of person you are. If you are "inviting" apostates into your home by associating here then you are opening yourself up for disfellowshipment! Are you not? Either way, you expose yourself as a hypocrite! Why? Because one minute you defend the organization and then the next minute you admit that the information contained on this forum is "Interesting"! Remember, you said: "It is interesting to read the posts here." If we have already peaked your interest to the point that you participate here, then you are only telling us that we have "accomplished our mission"! Thank you! We have also noticed that you prefer to make an unfounded statement and then RUN, rather than to provide any credible evidence! That is what the Pharisees did when Jesus spoke to them. You said, "Anyway, got to go out in the ministry." and

"I shall return later to have a look."

How can you benefit from any constructive criticism as you mention below, when you RUN when "constructive criticism" is offered to you?

I do not wish to appear harsh, however, you opened the door when you wrote, "I am interested in constructive criticism." Let us see just how honest and truthful you can be. Let us see your evidence! I have presented Watchtower evidence for you, so what evidence will you provide? Cheers! Atlantis-

• Honesty
    Honesty
    What is your purpose here?

I like reading threads initiated by loyal JW's because due to openly disagreeing with the Wacthtower Society's uninspired commentaries in the literature they have so prolifically produced for over 130 years I seldom get an opportunity to reassure myself that escaping from them was the best day of my life.

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

Thanks for your highly intelligent and informative reply.

I think you want to go to somewhere nearer to your mental age group.

I believe the Muppets website is really good.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo
    One of my favourite scriptures is when, after some of the disciples stopped following Jesus, he turned to Peter and said "You are not going to leave also, are you?" Peters reply is simple and yet very powerful. He said "Where shall we go, you have sayings of everlasting life". Yes, Peter knew he had found the truth.

The Scotsman

You'll find virtually every other Bible translation (including the AV) quotes Peter as saying "To whom shall we go...?"

Puts a whole 'nuther slant on what he was saying dontcha think?

Now I wonder why the NWT has it translated differently.....

regards, emo-neverbeenajw

• Honesty
    Honesty

Thanks for your highly intelligent and informative reply.

I think you want to go to somewhere nearer to your mental age group.

I believe the Muppets website is really good. Scotsman

I would rather dialogue with you because the local JW's have been put on notice by the Watchtower Society that I am a rebel in the same manner as Korah, Dathan, Abiram and On.

Yes, I'm an evil apostate that wishes to destroy your faith in the Watchtower Society's Almighty Faithful Slave.

BTW, Kingdom News # 37 is just regurgitated dog food disguised as New Light:

Watchtower 1/1/96 page 11 pararagraph 12

Jehovah Gives Peace and Truth in Abundance

As evidence that the pouring out of these plagues continues, the talk “False Religion’s End Is Near” was delivered worldwide on April 23, 1995, followed by the distribution of hundreds of millions of copies of a special issue of Kingdom News.

• Ade
    Ade

Scotsman,
    everything here comes down to this.

A truth cannot ever become an Untruth , with this you must agree.

Therefore all "truths" by the society ( of which there are many - which can be proved by your own literature and its not all old literature ) must still be truths, however you must admit , they are not still truths otherwise none of it could be subject to change, God doesnt change.And if the founders of your religion were involved today they would be disfellowshipped.

if it wasnt truth it was a lie , if you propagate the fact that you are Gods sole channel and the prophecies/truths are lies, it reflects on your God.

thats it my friend, your religion has proved itself a lie.

If you can show us otherwise please do so

all in favour say AYE !!!!!

your respectfully
    God bless you all
    Ade

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Scotsman welcome to the board. I suggest to you to go to the elders in your congregation and let them know that you come here and post and reply to people...essentially speaking to "apostates". I am curious to know how these spirit appointed men handle your situation with love and concern just as Jesus would have. Let us know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit