What is your purpose here?

by The Scotsman 121 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8
    The misrepresentation of 1975 seemed to be sporadic, depending where people lived.

I'm sorry, a judicial committee is being convened to investigate your apostate comment as noted above. The following is the correct belief:

" all worshipers understood that it was Jehovah’s will for them to be “united in the same mind and in the same line of thought.”—1 Corinthians 1:10; Matthew 22:37; Acts 10:1-35...a question of doctrine led to controversy ...A decision was made based on Bible principles, and this decision was uniformly accepted... the unifying factors—love for Jehovah, faith in Jesus Christ, self-sacrificing love for one another, acceptance of the guidance of the holy spirit, a common understanding of Bible teachings, and a readiness to change one’s conduct—were powerful enough to keep the early congregation united...Jehovah’s Witnesses are united in a worldwide brotherhood spanning more than 230 lands, islands, and territories. And they are united by the same factors that united Christians in the first century. ...preach the same good news of God’s Kingdom in all the lands ...—Acts 15:1-29"-- http://www.watchtower.org/e/20050101/article_02.htm
    "One God alone could be supreme and all-powerful; and one such God could mean only one true religion, namely, the one right worship of this one supreme, almighty God. His religion is one of right belief and is harmonious in all its expressions, just as true physical science is harmonious and not self-contradictory. The true religion of the one God does not disagree with itself, deny itself or get divided with itself. If it had internal disagreement, contradiction and disunity, it could never stand; it could not be simple truth; it would disagree with the scientific laws of the universe; it could not triumph in the long-drawn-out conflict between true religion and false. But true religion must triumph, because truth cannot be destroyed. That is why, despite all the many false religions in the world, the true religion has lived through till this day..."--Watchtower 11/15/1963
  • solo
    solo

come on scotsman, you're a crap jw aren't you? and you didn't go on the field service today did you naughty boy, I know it was raining but that's no excuse to stay at home and talk to apostates.

you know you shouldn't be here, this is an apostate site and you're living a double life. but the good news is that you can find the truth here.

you see most people here have the knowledge about your religion/cult/thing to be able to make informed decisions. You, unfortunately, know little about your own religion and you are happy to accept what people say to you (because you are brain washed) instead and doing some research. Are you not interested in how your religion was started? I know I was very surprised at the information I found out.

anyway good luck with the research and it's lovely that you are keen to spend time with us, some of us are real sinners you know and we could really influence you! ha ha ha

are you are true scotsman? bollocks!

• delilah
    delilah

Regarding the new tract campaign, it has been very well received (I have to admit I thought it could be difficult to place but no, most people quite happy to take it)

Very well recieved, my a$$......the people are quite happy to take it and throw it out. Haven't you realized that they just take your literature, to get rid of you????? SHEESH already!!!

I don't owe you any explanation as to why I'm here, or what I come here for. Who the hell are you? WHY DO YOU COME HERE? YOU KNOW YOU AREN'T SUPPOSED TO BE ON SITES SUCH AS THIS!!!!

• Arthur
    Arthur

I think that this thread has become a waste of time.

This kid obviously was just trying to stir the pot; and has demonstrated that he is only interested in getting attention. He has shown us that he has the intellect of a shower curtain, and has no intention of answering any serious questions.

I say that we ignore him and let him go play on another website which is more compatible for youngsters.

• juni
    juni

I agree Arthur. Why waste your time. He's not looking for answers just an argument.

Prolly counts all of this as f. service time anyway. Why make it easy for him.

Juni

• smellsgood
    smellsgood

Hello Scotsman, Welcome!

Scotsman: Once again a few mention WT articles from 1914 etc. WHAT????????

Were any of us even born then????? Digging up the past. Give us a break please.

smellsgood: I may be wrong, but wasn't the Bible written thousands of years ago, perhaps as far back as 1,500 B.C.? Isn't that the book upon which supposedly the Jehovah's Witnesses base their beliefs? And what of the Watchtower digging up the "past" of Christendom? Wasn't it supposedly the 4th Century when Constantine and his ilk first "paganized" Christendom? So if it weren't for them nosing around in the past they wouldn't have made those shocking discoveries to begin with.

Well, were any of us born then? The WT went ahead and "dug up the past." They should have given it a break, please.

Something from 3,500 years therefore is "truth" and "relevant" but something from less than 100 years ago from the "truth" society is NOT? Interesting.

Scotsman: One that is mentioned is the "apparent" 1975 prediction.

My mother was brought up in the truth and lived through the 1975 in the truth. She knew nothing of a 1975 prediction nor did anyone else in her local congregation. The misrepresentation of 1975 seemed to be sporadic, depending where people lived.

So lets say it for old times sake - The Watchtower Society, The Governing Body nor the Faithful Slave ever said that 1975 will definately be the end. The year was mentioned from assembly platforms and in a few articles but never ever ever was it said that that particular year would absolutely, unquestionably be the start of armageddon.

smellsgood: Ok then. Now, here are some predictions from an Organization other than the WT society about coincidentally that specific time period, the '70s. So, what would you think about these statements which were published from a Biblical perspective? Are they saying these things WILL come to pass? Are they saying that GOD will act at that time? Where are they basing their authority? Is this "definite" language? Since these are "predictions" remarking that GOD will ACT at that time, would we then be able to caste them as PROPHECIES? How would you have reacted if you had been a member of this organization at that time? Would those who read these statements be coming to conclusions regarding this time period because they were inferring their own expectations into the text, or because they were being led to believe what was written?

"This seven years of national trouble takes us-if the dates which appear so definitely indicated by these prophecies are correct-from 1965 to 1972!" (The Plain Truth, Herman Hoeh, April 1956, p. 22.)

"Frankly, literally dozens of prophesied events indicate that this final revival of the Roman Empire in Europe-and its bestial persecution of multitudes of Bible-believing Christians-will take place within the next seven to ten years of your life!" (The Plain Truth, Rod Meredith, Feb. 1965, p. 48.)

"Bible prophecy indicates that the final attack on the U.S. and Britain by this coming 'Beast' power could easily be launched perhaps as early as the spring of 1972-or earlier ...." (The Plain Truth, Rod Meredith, May 1965, p. 45. )

"The 'Day of the Eternal'-a time foretold in more than thirty prophecies-is going to strike between 5 and 10 years from now!... I am not writing foolishly, but very soberly, on authority of the living Christ!" (The Plain Truth, Herbert Armstrong, Feb. 1967, p. 47.)

"It doesn't take an understanding of certain 'Bible doctrine,' or necessary agreement with it, to admit to yourself candidly that what Mr. Herbert W. Armstrong was faithfully proclaiming back before, during and right at the close of World War II, and what he and others who have since come to join him in this great work of God have been proclaiming day in and day out ever since-is actually happening before your very eyes!" (The Plain Truth, Ted Armstrong, Nov. 1962, p. 21.)

"We do not set dates!... Yet in our human zeal and enthusiasm for getting this greatest mission on earth done, we have a few times come close to it or appeared to-and that we deeply regret...if we...appear to set a date, I feel I do not need to apologize!" (Tomorrow's World, Herbert Armstrong, Feb. 1972, p. 31.)

smellsgood: Are those positive staments? With statements like "BIBLE PROPHECY indicates"

"if the dates which appear so DEFINITELY INDICATED by these PROPHECIES"

Scotsman: Show me a serious alternative to Jehovah's organisation? Jehovahs-witness.com??????? I do not think so.

smellsgood: If I were to show you positively that you were drinking toxins that were slowly debilitating your nervous system, would you so absurdly ask me if I had an "alternative" handy BEFORE you would aquiesce to quit drinking it, or would you quickly put the toxin down and then worry about the next move later. First get out off the plane that is sure to go down in flames before worrying how you are going to continue on your way.

This is just a ruse and a stumbling point that organizations with exclusive claims use anyway. Why is it Jehovah's Organization? Why did He choose the Society,,,and WHEN WAS THAT AGAIN?? :)

Scotsman: Its ironic really - the web address is www.jehovahs-witness.com and yet it is a club for non witnesses.

smellsgood: Its mostly ex-witnesses, but I myself have never been a JW for a day in my life. It is however, miles more informative that watchtower.org I assure you. :)

keep coming back Scotsman,

smellsgood

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

I just want to know how many donuts he ate on break. That's all.

mumsy

• My MILs worst nightmare, a nonJW
    My MILs worst nightmare, a nonJW

smellsgood.....Great post!!!

• Mary
    Mary

Here's a lovely magazine that Scotsman and each of his Witness buddies should be given 50 copies of to place:

• becca1
    becca1

Dear Scotsman:

First of all, did you realize how arrogant and "holier than thou" you sounded when you said you were on your way out in service? Did you come here to boost your ego? Are you that insecure?

Someone mentioned you seem young, and I agree. If that is the case you should be in school. Please don't let your parents deprive you of a sound and unbiased education. If you are homeschooled, do your parents have a teaching degree? Or any degree? Can they properly teach you about science, complete with lab experiments? What about advanced math? And the joys of reading and analyzing literature, can they help you whith that? Don't sell yourself short.

Many here have asked you some very deep and important questions. I don't recall you answering any of them. Are you doing research so you can answer them properly? That would be really good.

As for me, I'm 47. Raised in "the truth" Dad an elder, Mom an on and off pioneer but always very strongly rooted in the org. I was baptized at 10. Married a witness and raised 2 children.

I had a horrific childhood (or none at all). My parent's life revolved around themselves and the cong. I was an afterthought. I blame the org. for not placing any improtance on children at that time and for encourageing my parents outrageous behavior. I have always striven to show my children that I love them unconditionally and to raise them to be happy, secure, whole individuals who are free to persue their goals and talents. They are both awesome human beings and I'm very proud of them. Can your parents say the same about you? Would they continue to do so if they knew you lurked on this site? Would they support you if your goals ,even though good, were not set by the Society?

Do yourself a favor, and consider some of the deeper issues presented to you here, Do some independant research. The Society teaches us that the background and history of a teaching or practice is of viatal importance. You encourange your Bible students to look into the origins of their beliefs. Have you ever wondered why you can't openly do the same? The Society also exposes the hypocrasy or institutions that hide what they really are. Beware that you don't find yourself in one of them.

There are all sorts of people on this site. We all have our own reasons for being here. Some are quite studious. Some are chatty. Some are silly. Some ar whinny. Some are irreverant. Not all are people I would seek to associate with if I knew them personally. But what we all have in common is that we have been hurt by the WBTS. And we can come here and vent and try to pick up the pieces. Jesus did not make quick and harsh judgements about people(except for the Pharisees) and neither should we. I'm sorry if I or anyone else has hurt your feelings. Please don't let that keep you from finding out the truth for yourself.

I wish you the best.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit