What is your purpose here?

by The Scotsman 121 Replies latest jw friends

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

WOW.

You say we are arrogant!!

What a repugnant, useless post!

And I will certainly distribute KN 37 as millions of us will.

• daystar
    daystar
    "You seem particularly bitter"

(Ad Hominem)

Ad whosit? Don't use your high-falutin' words around me StillGroggy! Or are you just expressing your love for that bad corn knockoff, hominy?

• daystar
    daystar
    (light gets brighter people)

LOL! I guess Truth gets Truthier over time, huh?

I haven't read all the responses, but here is the problem as I see it:

The Society's publications present and imply their teachings as unalterable Truth, at the time. I mean, you can be disfellowshipped for many of these things. And I don't just mean the behavioral restrictions, I mean that you may be disfellowshipped for thinking something different from what the Society teaches at any moment in time, for having too many questions, even though that "Truth" may change later due to "light getting brighter".

Here is the problem... There is no such thing as an "absolute Truth". In order to be able to change their doctrine, for example to be able to change the definition of generation at their whim due to Armageddon scheduling problems, they have to have a doctrine such as the "new light" doctrine. It's very convenient for them.

Here is what the "new light" doctrine says in a nutshell, in reference to Truth:

Everything we say right now is Truth provided by Holy Spirit through the Faithful and Discreet Slave. You are commanded to run your life by, and if necessary, sacrifice your life for, this Truth. If you do not follow the laws set forth by the Governing Body and accept the Truth we provide, as your own, you may be disfellowshipped.

However, this Truth may be altered by us at any given time, "new light". And even should we alter it in one's favor after they've already been disfellowshipped for the very same item of Truth we've changed, being cut off from family and friends, we should never be held responsible, and we will never apologize for anything.

Regarding the subject of your thread, my reason for being here is simple... to be in contact with people who believed the same things I did growing up, were treated just as horribly by the religion we loved and sacrificed for, and are hoping to rebuild their lives. I hope I can help someone to understand they're not alone when no one they know will talk to them anymore, when they feel abused by the Elders and by the religion they too loved and sacrified for, only to be cast aside oh too easily.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    What is your purpose here?

My purpose here is to read posts like yours. They are a reminder that my decision to leave the watchtower cult was correct.

W

• hambeak
    hambeak

I agree with Arthur. Can you imagine people you are raised by and with not following Pauls counsel to the corinthians that you can have the gift of healing the gift of prophecy etc and do not have love you are a sounding piece of brass? As the bible says love endures all things hopes all things etc. however being cold to ones loved one is NOT LOVE BUT INTOLERANCE AND HATRED SO THERE.

• Ade
    Ade

Hi Daystar,
    ive offered this fine gent a chance to prove his point to us , and the unfallible wisdom and Godliness in another post, he can choose the subject. which is fair by all.

all the best
    Ade

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

One of my favourite scriptures is when, after some of the disciples stopped following Jesus, he turned to Peter and said "You are not going to leave also, are you?" Peters reply is simple and yet very powerful. He said "Where shall we go, you have sayings of everlasting life". Yes, Peter knew he had found the truth.

Scottsman:

I challenge you to go back to the scriptures and read it again. In John 6:65 It says "To WHOM" not "WHERE shall we go". Peter is talking about Jesus having the saysing of everlasting life and being the truth and not an organization of self appointed men to keep having to retract many of their lies and false assuptions. The watchtower society has equated the organization to Jesus Christ himself and they are two separate distinct things.

LRG

• Mary
    Mary
    Scotsman said: What a repugnant, useless post!

That was begun by a repugnant, useless poster!

• Ade
    Ade

Littlerockguy,
    you are quite correct, Jesus the one mediator not 144,000 of them .

heres the link The scotsman heres your chance to prove us all wrong

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/122485/1.ashx

all the best
    respectfully
    Ade

• awol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit