What is your purpose here?

by The Scotsman 121 Replies latest jw friends

• My MILs worst nightmare, a nonJW
    My MILs worst nightmare, a nonJW

Noun

1.poser - a person who habitually pretends to be something he is not

I think this describes The Scotsman and a lot of JW's. Magically transformed from a "worldly" person to a great pontificator of the "truth". Able to rattle off scriptures ad nauseum, but never able to answer a direct question that requires actual thinking and research.

• awol
    awol

How was service.... hope you all had a plesant time! Witnesses round here never knock on any doors.... most people haven't yet heard of them! or if they have they don't know what they believe! oh well, guess the small amount can't reach everyone...

You came on this site either because you were looking or by mistake.

When you saw it was ex witnesses (ehem, some practicing witnesses too) you should of logged off immediately!

Why are you in discussion with ex witnesses?

Because you are young, naieve and do not do ANY research into what you are taught. You go along to the meetings and knock on a few doors and take EVERY thing as being gospel! It's okay, I've been there and done that - you don't need/want to ask because you could never except that any elder or above would EVER lie to you - well, wake up, smell the coffee hun, cos your in for a big shock.

history of this organisation/ any organisation IS important..... but they rely on YOU and your generation to NOT research and look back!!!! Otherwise you MIGHT just find out something you didn't want to see!!!!

use your computer wisely and start asking your elders some questions.....

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

((think this describes The Scotsman and a lot of JW's. Magically transformed from a "worldly" person to a great pontificator of the "truth". Able to rattle off scriptures ad nauseum, but never able to answer a direct question that requires actual thinking and research.))

Your questions are deep and meaningful and you want a long in-depth answer before dinner.

Calm down man.

Their are about 30 different subjects in this thread alone.

Start a thread on a "specific" matter and we can go from there.

ps - you seem particularly bitter. What is your history? What went wrong?

• Mary
    Mary
    I have never been more sure that this is an organisation with Jehovah's backing. And no, I am not brainwashed, tricked, blinded, etc etc, it is merely the fact of the matter.

Ya, okay....I guess you don't realize that people in a cult don't/can't realize that they're being brainwashed eh? In fact, I've heard stupid comments at the assemblies given that say "...My friends say I was being brainwashed by the Jehovah's Witnesses and I said "Good! My brain needed a good washing!" Of course, everyone else agreed.

Regarding the new tract campaign, it has been very well received (I have to admit I thought it could be difficult to place but no, most people quite happy to take it)

....and toss it right in the garbage.

I am interested in constructive criticism, but you just moan alot. No substance to your argument. Those who give up / or go apostate do 3 things.
    1) Dig up the past ALOT. Qouting ancient Watchtower articles etc. (light gets brighter people)

Scotsman, if you read that chapter in the bible (without any preconceived ideas), you see that this "light that gets brighter" has absolutely nothing to do with making false predictions or prophecies. It's talking about how a person lives their life: "....Enter not into the path of the wicked, and go not in the way of evil men. Avoid it, pass not by it, turn from it, and pass away. For they sleep not, except they have done mischief; and their sleep is taken away, unless they cause some to fall. For they eat the bread of wickedness, and drink the wine of violence. But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day. The way of the wicked is as darkness: they know not at what they stumble.

There is NOTHING there to suggest that it can be used an an excuse for when the WTS screws up and changes their minds on doctrine, end of story.

2) Offer no alternative to the truth, you just tear down.

There are plenty of alternatives to "the truth" which are far more viable and believable that what the WTS provides. And as for us "tearing down" the Organization, well if that's not the pot calling the kettle black, I don't know what is. The Society is ALWAYS tearing down the good deeds of other religions, charities and individuals. Their motive is obvious: they dont' want the R&F to believe that you can be a decent person outside of the Organization. The above stupid quote of yours is a familiar one that we've all heard in the literature when they can't give a reason for their disgusting behaviour.

Anyway, got to go out in the ministry.

Bullshit. As LittleToe pointed out, you wrote this at 10:00. Little late for meeting with the group eh? Maybe you should think before you post, as your ramblings just make you look even more foolish.

• StillGroggy
    StillGroggy

"You seem particularly bitter"

(Ad Hominem)

• scotsman
    scotsman
    My mother was brought up in the truth and lived through the 1975 in the truth.

He's a young thing, y'all be nice to him (no matter how uninformed he is).

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

avengers said:

Scotsman, you do know that by coming to this forum you have lost Jehovah's blessing and will not
    survive Armageddon?

I have to agree. Scotsman, if you know it is "the Truth" then you would be 100% obedient to
    those "spirit directed" representatives of the Faithful and Discreet Slave, the Governing Body,
    as they instructed you clearly at your District Convention (which you attended and paid attention
    to all 3 days) not to go to these web sites. Of course, you will either be destroyed at your
    Armageddon or you will have to repent and confess to the elders that you were engaging in
    discussions with apostates. You have no other options. They might forgive you, those 3 men,
    if you do as they say. They will probably suggest that you give up your internet to remove
    temptation, and since you will have been reproved, you will lose your commenting privileges and
    be not qualified to pioneer or have responsibility in the congregation.

You could also try to argue with the 3 men, representatives of Jehovah, that they are wrong-
    there is nothing wrong with being on a discussion forum. In which case, you will be disfellowshipped,
    and then can join us here at anytime you want to- until you are destroyed. You won't have family and
    friends to talk to within the organization anymore, so we will become very important to you.

Before you go on in this thread, please tell us that you have discussed this forum with your BOE, and
    tell us how that went.

• awol
    awol

Me thinks he is obviously doubting his "truth".

A few of us have said he should not be on here but he comes back. Bet he is trailing through looking now!

Defo very young... mum prob giving birth whilst another new light came out... she missed it.... and by the time he stopped needing his nappy changed she forgot what was going on in 75 anyway!

Anyway, shouldn't you be studying for your meeting tonight.... group is it? Tell them about your exciting new place to research their articles

• My MILs worst nightmare, a nonJW
    My MILs worst nightmare, a nonJW

What went wrong is this.

It is nearly impossible to get a straight answer from a JW concerning the most basic tenet of their belief system.

First you are asked to believe that Christ invisably took over 1914.

Then you are asked to believe he spent 4 or 5 years deciphering whom of the worlds religions were following his teachings.

Then you are asked to believe he picked Russell and the Bible Students.

Then when you research what they believed at the time you learn the

a) Russell alone was considered the FDS

b) when you read the Finished Mystery published in 1917 (i have) and see that one of Russells interpretation in Revelation 14 was thought to be the distance between Scranton, Pa and Bethel, (as if Revelarions was written 2000 years ago to describe that), and it goes on to interpret Revelations with references to Pyramids and enevts of the 1800's and early 1900's. As a sane indivudual you have to ask yourself does this make any sense.

c) then in 1918 "Millions Living Will Never Die" is written which predicts the end of mankind in 1925.

As a rational human being I ask....Why would Christ come back in 1914, wait 4 years, then pick these guys when you review their teachings of that time.

Nothing at all in the literature describes the voting by the FDS and subsequent turnover of power from the FDS to the Governing Body.

Rutherford is president and he alone writes everything. Nothing is mentioned of the FDS.

Then in 1933 or thereabouts, a theocratic organization is formed. The rational that is then used is "Since they used a theocratic organization in the Early Christian Congregation and God appointed it, (fill in the blank with your favorite word or sentence: hence, thusly,the facts show, indisputable history proves, ) this proves that the organization is spirit driven and God's channel.

According to this reasoning Scotsman, does that mean if you put on your Kilt, paint your face, grab a spear and taunt the English, then you are the modern day William Wallace?

Or if I put on #23 and walk onto center court at Chicago Stadium I am the modern day Michael Jordan?

What power has the FDS ever had? When, where, why and how did the FDS turn over their power to the Governing Body?

I'm not angry, I'm frustrated because no JW can give me a straight answer.

I appreciate any help.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings The Scotsman,

:I am now doubting whether to come back. I feel it is good to talk.

So far all you've done here, is allow your watchtower drivel and your typical, arrogant Jehovah's Witness attitude drip down your leg, from under your kilt. Ostensibly your diaper is in dire need of being changed. And if you're hiding a tail under that wraparound tartan garment, you'll be sent away with it stuck between your legs.

Your time would be better spent as the unpaid volunteer that you are, to help those in your territory to have something to line either their bird cages or kitty boxes.

Go distribute kn #37

Dismembered

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit