What is your purpose here?

by The Scotsman 121 Replies latest jw friends

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

It is interesting to read the posts here. People desperately trying to convince themselves that they were right to give up!

Is this your purpose in coming here????

I have no doubt some have had bad experiecnes within the organisation. But this does not change the fact that this is the truth.

I have never been more sure that this is an organisation with Jehovah's backing. And no, I am not brainwashed, tricked, blinded, etc etc, it is merely the fact of the matter.

Reading some of the posts here is quite entertaining. What was all the hype about a BIG announcement????????? You try and try again to generate some contraversy when their is none. You still cling to trivialities - NGO status at the UN. This is only a big issue for you, no one else. Mountain out of a molehill.

Regarding the new tract campaign, it has been very well received (I have to admit I thought it could be difficult to place but no, most people quite happy to take it)

I am interested in constructive criticism, but you just moan alot. No substance to your argument. Those who give up / or go apostate do 3 things.

1) Dig up the past ALOT. Qouting ancient Watchtower articles etc. (light gets brighter people)

2) Offer no alternative to the truth, you just tear down.

3) And of course - the main tactic, resort to absolute untruth and deception. (You will all say that is what we do, Yawn Yawn.)

Anyway, got to go out in the ministry.

Bye Bye

• Arthur
    Arthur

Are you really going to just lob this thread out there and not even stay to have a dialogue?

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

My post could be descibed in many ways - but "a threat"?????????

A threat to who?

I shall return later to have a look.

• Arthur
    Arthur
    My post could be descibed in many ways - but "a threat"?????????

LMAO - You totally misread my post. I wrote "thread" not "threat". I had a feeling that you didn't really leave. I figured that you were probably still lurking to see who would respond, and how.

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

I'm sure you will have many replies! but if your question is sincere, here is my honest answer.

I was raised a JW. Baptised at 13, regular pioneered from 16 to 23 when I had children, became very disillusioned with the lack of love, the farcical trust in what MEN had to say (not god) ie if a circuit overseer says it, it must be true. I also got very down and tired with the DRY meetings and the constant never doing enough. And I lived through the end being promised in 1975, 1984, and the change in generation thought to cover their own asses.

I arrived here because I was trying to research 607. It shook me to my very roots to find the date was nowhere in history except in the JW minds, and that they had lied, covered up, misinterpreted to try and decieve their followers. So I stayed, and learned, and grew strong enough to realise I did not need a religion that acted like this.

That was almost a year ago!! Now I come, because I find only other x-jws totally understand what it was like to survive that. And I love the humour and the fun, and unlike JWs I like to keep an open mind, examine what others have to say and see what I consider to be true.

I think it's patronising to say I feel sorry for you, but I do, because I was you, if I was approached by an 'apostate' a couple of years ago I would have recoiled in horror, but you need to ask yourself why is it so dangerous to talk to people who have other opinions? What are the society frightened of? Why would they disfellowship me if I said I no longer believed, even though I made that decision at age 13?

If you think you will change peoples minds here you are so wrong, this will provoke a really interesting post, and many intelligent people will reply and it will reaffirm over and over that my eyes are finally opened. So thanks for your post.

Poppy

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I don't know why I ever became a Jehovah's Witness. I think I felt pressured by the people that were teaching me. But the truth is, I never really liked the religion.

It's as simple as that.

• avengers
    avengers

Let me get this straight.

This guy comes to the JWD forum to tell us we're a bunch of moaners.
    Then he goes out in the field service.

Scotsman, you do know that by coming to this forum you have lost Jehovah's blessing and will not
    survive Armageddon?

Keep up the good work.

Andy the moaner!

• yesidid
    yesidid

Hi Scotty,

You said ex Witnesses:

Dig up the past ALOT. Qouting ancient Watchtower articles etc. (light gets brighter people)

I guess it really annoys you when the society keeps printing negative things about the Catholic church that happened hundreds of years ago, right?

yesidid

• Arthur
    Arthur

I was extremely devoted to the organization. I was born and raised in the org. I regular pioneered, and eventually served at Bethel. I used to hate "apostates" just as much as anyone did. I truly felt that they were liars, "cry-babies", and malcontents.

I never had any grudges or axes to grind with anyone in the congregation or the organization. To this day, there are dozens of individuals that I deeply care about in the organization.

Since childhood however, I always had serious doubts about may doctrines and beliefs. I had no choice but to suppress them and ignore them; since we were taught never to question the "Faithful Slave". I got to a point however, where I could not suppress these doubts anymore. I realized that I had never done in-depth research into the doctrines and beliefs. When I did my research, I did not begin by looking at "apostate" material. I started at the public library. I did intense research into archeology, Biblical sholarship, the New World Translation, and cult psychology.

I have found that the Watchtower Society employs many characteristics and means of indoctrination that cults use. I have also realized that many doctrines of the JWs are a farce. They are not really scriptural; but have been established by twisting and misapplying certain verses. I have come to realize that there is no scriptural precedent for the way the Governing Body micro-manages JWs lives and forces everyone into total unanimity. There are many other issues of which would take up too much time and space.

These were not easy for me to accept. I had been deeply infatuated with the organization for most of my life. But, I could not continue to support falsehood. So, I left.

I have no animosity toward most rank & file Witnesses. Like I said, there are many JWs still in the org that I deeply care about. I have never tried to sway them, influence them, or cause any divisions. I have simply walked away quietly.

I post on this site to network with other ex-JWs who have gone through what I went through. Many of us have gone through "hell" for leaving the organization; simply because we dared to exercise our conscience. This is why we network. To help one another.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    I have never been more sure that this is an organisation with Jehovah's backing. And no, I am not brainwashed, tricked, blinded, etc etc, it is merely the fact of the matter.

A statement that is equally made and just as fervent by hundreds of thousands of others in religions that follow the teachings of Christ more closely than the JWs. Let me guess.....you were born and raised in the religion and know nothing else.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit