Let's just get something straight about 1975.

by WTFBBQPWNT 170 Replies latest jw friends

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh
    He then said, "Could the end come in 1975? It could, but we don't know." (or something like that)

The fact that you put this statement in "quotes" followed by (or something like that) is laughable at best.

Are you seriously defending the WTBS?

• restrangled
    restrangled

KNORR SPECIFICALLY SAID THAT ARMEGEDDON WAS GOING TO ARRIVE IN 1975...CASE CLOSED.

R

• freetosee
  • Sunspot
    Sunspot
    "STAY ALIVE TIL 75"....that was the mantra sung by the CO's in the 70's.

Yes...it certainly WAS! I was there.....being baptized in 1972....We heard talk after talk glowing and crowing about "the friends" that had sold their homes and bought teeny little trailers to live in while going "where the need was great"(tm) to preach. The spirit of self-sacrifice, etc, etc. There was one from this small area.

We heard the matter of "it's only months away" now, as has been mentioned and EVERYTHING was focused on the URGENT MESSAGE that WE had to deliver in these "last days" before the "New System" was ushered in. We were each given 100 tracts that were to be distributed within 10 days....

But then....after it came....and went.....without a whimper.....and most of us were feeling pretty "sheepish" about telling ALL our friends and relatives that they would be toast in 1975 if THEY didn't become a JW like WE had.....we ate a lot of crow in early 1976.

THEN---the Watchtower concocts this GREAT PLAN to blame the JWs for "pushing ahead" of what the organization (the one that teaches THE TRUTH and "food from God" (tm)....had said), because all fell apart and it failed to come true.....and that WE were at fault...

PLEASE!......AS IF the average JWs---from all over the earth---just woke up one fine morning and dreamed all this 1975 stuff up all by themselves!! TELL me----were we EVER counseled for telling everyone what WE had heard from our "spiritual leaders" at the WTS?

YET....THIS is just what the WTS has told their faithful followers, those loyal and obedient (tm) ones who believe everything the Watchtower sez as gospel truth.....

...and the majority of these followers, then buy this contrived story---hook, line and sinker. SHAME on the WTS for being such two-faced charlatans......who still claim to be......."God's Chosen" religion.

The Disney Corporation couldn't concoct such good fairy tales......

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

I hope the birdcage is lined with Watchtowers & Awakes. Birdies gonna need them from a tidal wave of fact(s)

Dismembered

• ballistic
    ballistic

I personally know people who sold their homes to give the money to the society and have never owned their own home since, such was the frenzy of 1975.

I know a person who attended the meetings in 1975 with a broken back, to lay on the floor and listen from the back of the hall such was the frenzy in 1975.

And the society all but made an apology, even though it involved blaming all the rank and file rather than themselves.

And later, further references were made to "this century" meaning before the turn of the year 2000.

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

monkeyshine wrote:

He/she just started this forum to get everyone going. But it's not funny but insulting to those who experienced this time.

I wasn't in the organization during this crap, but my wife was. She was in tears for me to join up because she was convincined 1975 was the year she would lose me as her husband. Lots of people were victimized by the insinuation of 1975 being "the year". The callous "it was those jumping ahead" thinking of those trying to defend the "evil empire" just goes to show the lack of empathy butt kissing drones have. How about this money making machine "setting things straight" with those they led over the cliff by being honest about their MISTAKE. Even a little kid crapping in his pants has the brains to say, "Sorry."

brzfst

• freetosee
    freetosee

'68 Awake! download: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/117045/1.ashx

*** Watchtower 1966 October 15 pp.628-9 Rejoicing over "God’s Sons of Liberty" Spiritual Feast ***

Only a liberated people can preach a release to captives, conventioners were told in the speech "Preach a Release to the Captives," which thrilled them with its hopeful outlook. "Jehovah, the God of freedom and liberty, has freed his people from Babylonish bondage and has given them a work of liberation to do. That work of liberation and salvation must go on to the finish! To give aid today in this critical time to prospective sons of God," announced President Knorr, "a new book in English, entitled ‘Life Everlasting-in Freedom of the Sons of God,’ has been published." At all assembly points where it was released, the book was received enthusiastically. Crowds gathered around stands and soon supplies of the book were depleted. Immediately its contents were examined.It did not take the brothers very long to find the chart beginning on page 31, showing that 6,000 years of man’s existence end in 1975. Discussion of 1975 overshadowed about everything else. "The new book compels us to realize that Armageddon is, in fact, very close indeed," said a conventioner. Surely it was one of the outstanding blessings to be carried home!

[Emphasis Added]

http://www.watchtowerinformationservice.org/index.php/watchtower_quotes/watchtower-dates/_1975/

• Lady Liberty
  • Skimmer
    Skimmer

My earlier comments from nearly five years ago:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/18524/227752/post.ashx#227752

Up yours, Watchtower.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit